Michael Giacchino's LOST (2004-2010) - live concert tour in 2024

Jay

I'm up to "Exodus" now in my re-watching of the show, and my goodness, it would be nice to have a complete release of the music heard in that season finale, a la "Through the Looking Glass." I mean, they gave us the most important cues, which I appreciate, but there's a lot of good stuff in there.

Indeed. When I first watched that episode I really dug the music leading up to the discovery of the Black Rock.

One of the pieces I can't understand why was left out of the Season 1 OST is the beautiful piece that scores the discovery of Seth Norris' slained corpse in the closing scenes of "Pilot part 1", where Giacchino uses wonderful harp glissandos (the only time he uses harp that way during the series if I remember well).

I hope Varèse will release a "More Music from Lost" album sooner or later.

Or the big bad 30-disc Ron Jones type of box set with everything on it!

Honestly, I can see that coming.

Karol

I am all for it but I can also see my wallet just collapsing from the shock.

I also wish it would come with an Island shaped zoetrope. ;)

A More Music album we could certainly use. I'm still sore about the incomprehensible absence of the second part of the Season 5 Finale prologue.

A More Music album we could certainly use. I'm still sore about the incomprehensible absence of the second part of the Season 5 Finale prologue.

All the 30 seconds of it? I agree it was a bit annoying but we have gotten several fully developed versions of Jacob's theme in the 6th season soundtracks.

Then again the second travelling theme (heard on the 3rd season soundtrack track Juliette Lost) got several great renditions on the first season and none of them have been released. So much great material missing from all seasons.

All the 30 seconds of it? I agree it was a bit annoying but we have gotten several fully developed versions of Jacob's theme in the 6th season soundtracks.

No it's not another version of Jacob's theme I mean, it's the more ominous chords underscoring MiB's lines building up to the exciting finish over the statue's revelation.

Honestly, I think 10 discs of music from the series is enough (although I'd still go out and buy another album if one was released). What I'd really like to see released if I could choose anything from Lost it's Giacchino's Lost Symphony.

There is from me!

You should gather a crowd of 10 000 Alias score fans and clamor loudly enough and perhaps then they would tilt their other ear towards your direction and might consider it.

And wouldn't it be lovely if Giacchino recorded a compilation album of the Lost Symphony with full orchestra and choir and composed new suites for some major themes left out of the original Symphony?

I'd kill for Tilton's music from season 5 of Alias. It was incredible every week!

• 1 year later...

Everybody remember this?

6 years of LOST music: Piano medley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDIVAJ2HTxU

Well Giacchino contacted the user, and now there's an official EP on iTunes of this guy's arrangements!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lost-music-from-island-for/id551960444

Giacchino even tweeted about it

Super cool

Everybody remember this?

6 years of LOST music: Piano medley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDIVAJ2HTxU

Well Giacchino contacted the user, and now there's an official EP on iTunes of this guy's arrangements!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lost-music-from-island-for/id551960444

Giacchino even tweeted about it

Super cool

That's awesome!!!! :)

• 1 year later...

The terrific 2disc set of music from the final 5 episodes of LOST is now on sale for $16! And don't forget, this is a limited edition that won't be around forever!

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/the-106/Lost-cln--The-Last-Episodes/Detail

Yeah if there's one album with Lost music one should get, it would be this one.

Yes!

Ironically, the only one with limited pressing.

I know, right? Varese should have made this one be the mass-market season 6 release, and the one for the earlier season 6 episodes be the LE one.

Thanks for the input guys! I'll keep an eye on this one.

Edit to add: I just found out that The Last Episodes tracks are also available on HDTracks along with Seasons 1 & 2! And Season 2 was only added this year.

Yeah if there's one album with Lost music one should get, it would be this one.

Yes!

Ironically, the only one with limited pressing.

I know, right? Varese should have made this one be the mass-market season 6 release, and the one for the earlier season 6 episodes be the LE one.

Yes! You should buy it immediately! It has without a doubt some of the best music in the whole series. I would also suggest buying the first Season 6 album as a companion as well since it is another winner.

• 2 weeks later...

And man, I"m not saying its not an accomplished work... but "Moving On" is just sad, man! I felt emotionally drained when it was over. Like I don't want to listen to it all that often unless I want to get sad!

I actually read through this whole thread because I did this today. The last cues of the show are forbidden musical territory for me, similar to the end of ROTK. Only in dire circumstances can I bring myself to listen.

Wish I had been here when the show was on, but it was fun to at least read all your reactions and thoughts. And heartwarming to see that I'm not the only one it had such a profound effect on. :)

Oh yeah the best theme from the series! And the last major one to be introduced just two episodes before the finale - now this is finishing with a bang!

Mother of a Plan.

Karol

It's a tie for me between the Source/Mother theme, Jacob's theme, Richard's theme, and Locke's theme (as in Locke'd Out Again).

And Desmond's theme, and the Sawyer/Juliet theme, and There's No Place Like Home, and... well yeah.

That's it. I've been musically stagnant lately and listening to Lost in its entirety will be my way out of it.

I cannot listen to the statements of Ben's theme in "Closure" from the final disc without getting welled up. Giacchino arguably did a better job with the final season than the writers of the show did.

I'm surprised to be the one to do it, but I disagree. As much as my love for the show radiates out into the cosmos, there are some weak moments where Damon and Carlton are treading water. Most evident in seasons 1-3, especially 3, llike Jack's tattoos. Once an end date was set, things came much more into focus. I definitely don't do the whole "they never had a plan and the end was crap" thing.

The only show I've seen that I can say had no weak episodes or even moments was Breaking Bad.