A complete score...

Naïve Old Fart

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, yeah, I might go with The Lost World. Even just the unreleased bit from "Rescuing Sarah". Gah, so wonderful. What idiot edited that out? The unreleased raptor music is also pretty awesome.

I believe Jurassic Park only has unreleased a couple of minutes. Now The Lost World, that's another thing.

It's not just a matter of the unreleased tracks, those that are on the album are in a jumbled order.

I believe Jurassic Park only has unreleased a couple of minutes.

It amounts to roughly fifteen minutes, I believe. Jurassic Park fared better than many Williams scores do on album, in part because it's simply not that long a score. Still, there's some pretty good stuff missing. And it'd be fun to have clean openings/endings to the cues that were written to segue into each other, of course.

I believe Jurassic Park only has unreleased a couple of minutes.

It amounts to roughly fifteen minutes, I believe. Jurassic Park fared better than many Williams scores do on album, in part because it's simply not that long a score. Still, there's some pretty good stuff missing. And it'd be fun to have clean openings/endings to the cues that were written to segue into each other, of course.

In fact it may not fit in a single cd, but having the ost, if they do not re-release the concert version end credits or the main theme, it would not be an outrage.

Complete Temple of Doom, Last Crusade and Crystal Skull. The bootleg tracks are alright, but I still dream of every drop of music from the Indiana Jones films being officially released.

Let's atleast start with the actual film credits from ToD.

And in the Last Crusade, "Packet from Dad" has the greatest use of the Raiders B theme. Shame this is not officially released.

I'm still hoping that some marketing genius pointed out how they released an expanded SW set a few years before the complete scores and they're following the same formula for Indiana Jones.

The Ron Jones Star Trek TNG box -- and a smattering of free stuff -- will undoubtedly supplant my desire for DuckTales scores.

I want a complete score of The Ten Commandments. That is my last remaining holy grail, and after obtaining it, I could disappear happily.

Ya I don't consider boots with sound effects and such true leaks of the score. Nearly anyone can do that if they know how to.

I do agree by the way Star Trek V could use a complete release. Hopefully next year we'll get it from one of the labels. ;)

We technically have it for the Original Trilogy all ready (aside from I think a couple of things missing).

I definitely would love to have everything that was originally written for the Prequels.

I want every note recorded from all six movies, and I want each cue separate, and I want them all in the most pristine sound quality possible.

Yes indeed and add to that a bonus disc of Williams' piano demos.

If I had to pick one though in the spirit of the thread, I'd have to choose TESB. It's such an important score and the sound on the SE is not good at all, in fact there are times it's terrible.

SW sounds pretty damn good and beefy but Empire deserved better treatment. The sound on Jedi is pretty horrific too but the thread asked for one score, so Empire it is .......just as long as we're talking glorious sound quality!

Yeah, there is so much warmth missing from the SE of Empire. If someone were to only listen to that version, I can almost understand why they might feel at some point ...."the music of Empire doesn't sound as good as I remember it" and almost as a consequence blame the compositions without realising the fault lies in the mixing or the mastering.

The remaining Williams complete releases I desire most, top 5, in order:

01- Jurassic Park- I know there isn't that much missing, but this is my personal favorite score of all time. It's what started it all and I would do anything to get every piece of music ever made for this score.

02- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom- Though the Concord release gave a vast majority of the unreleased music I desired, there is still a great bit I would love to have. This is probably my favorite Williams action score.

03- Hook- Who doesn't want this one? lol. The album barely scratches the surface of the greatness the entire score has. I really hope an official complete/expanded release does come out this year, as rumored.

04- The Lost World: Jurassic Park- A fairly underrated Williams score that has a lot of really interesting and stand-out tracks not on the album. This must be one of the few very percussion-driven scores of his, right?

05- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban- The 2nd best Potter score (first for me being Sorcerer's Stone) needs to be complete to be fully appreciated, and this would HAVE to include the version of "Something Wicked This Way Comes" as heard in the teaser trailer, for it is a different recording at a faster tempo that I love!

The Hobbit Radio Drama (i think by David Caine?)

Do you mean the one from 1968ish? As far as I know, that is still available on BBC records, as is "The Lord of The Rings", with Ian Holm, and Michael Horden, still the best dramatised version of LOTR ever!

A complete POA release would be amazing. There is a LOT of really great music in that score. Way more than I initially gave it credit for.

Definitely. Hey Datameister, free up your messages, your inbox is full! That goes for you too, Jason!

The Hobbit Radio Drama (i think by David Caine?)

Do you mean the one from 1968ish? As far as I know, that is still available on BBC records, as is "The Lord of The Rings", with Ian Holm, and Michael Horden, still the best dramatised version of LOTR ever!

i want the complete score, to my knowledge only four theme suites are available on a format, i HAVE been able to piece together parts of the score in between voices and sound effects to get some of the short quotes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbWW-ccgPk8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeON_QkXtwE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybNSghvDT8g&feature=related

WARNING: some songs are included

I've read that it drops the Grey Havens? I'd love to hear it (hey, it's got Holm), but LOTR is pointless without the GH.

A complete POA release would be amazing. There is a LOT of really great music in that score. Way more than I initially gave it credit for.

Definitely. Hey Datameister, free up your messages, your inbox is full! That goes for you too, Jason!

Got one open now too

Don't forget, you don't need to start a new PM message with somebody that you already have a conversation with.... you can just keep using that one forever, then you'll never take up more PM slots in each other's boxes. The only benefit of starting a new PM with the same person is a changed subject header

I've read that it drops the Grey Havens? I'd love to hear it (hey, it's got Holm), but LOTR is pointless without the GH.

It's been a long time since I heard the Radio 4 LOTR, but, in its defence, it includes The Scouring Of The Shire, which, as in the novel, changes completely, the emphasis of the story. BTW, it's also got Bill Nighy, as Sam.

The Radio LOTR is on my iPod as we speak, one of my great college finds, but it's really hard to listen to an audiobook or radio drama at...a place where people interrupt you all the time and you have to concentrate on what's on the computer screen. It's great for idle listening or doing mundane tasks where your brain can wander while you do something else on autopilot. When I listened to the HP audiobooks a while back, I would listen to 30 minutes of reading totally spaced out and forget what was read to me while I worked.

That being said, I would like to get back into the Radio LOTR. Since it consists of 13 tracks, where two literary chapters combine to form a single episode, I have to change the genre to "Audiobook" to take advantage of an iPod's automatic bookmarking feature for such tracks. Otherwise I have to remember where I was and jump back, re-listen to stuff over and again, or just devote time to an episode at a time. That's not happening.

The last track is called "Homeward Bound/The Grey Havens," but I don't know what has been excised since I won't listen to the last chapters before I listen to the rest of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

First album i ever bought, and if a complete version was to be released, I'd be quite happy for it to be my last.

Still haven't quite got over the events of the last three weeks. Who'd have thought....

Now in retrospect, it doesn't have to be the last album I ever buy, as it wasn't even technically released. Woohooo.

Yeap, a remarkable leak. I sort of hope that whoever did it, did it because they know of forthcoming expansions.

In fact, there are 3 scores that initially got me into film music, and two of those are now 'out there' in complete form (LotR FotR and this). Now I just need someone to expand Gladiator <_<