La-La Land announces Home Alone (Complete)

Jay

So do we know the source of that tiny bit of music in Angels with Filthy Souls?

That was answered on page 2 of this thread by Mike Mattessino

The "blip of music" you refer to is also not Williams. Cue sheet says "Trade Center" by Tom Elliot.

http://jwfan.com/for...ndpost&p=678585

Exactly. Williams never even wrote music for it, that small blip of music was probably already in there before Williams was even hired.

The LLL disc contains everything Williams recorded for the score

Exactly. Williams never even wrote music for it, that small blip of music was probably already in there before Williams was even hired.

The LLL disc contains everything Williams recorded for the score

And I wouldn't, quite frankly, expect anything less from La-La-Land and Mattessino.

La La Land has actually released PLENTY of scores that were not complete - Speed 2, Eraser, Mars Attacks!, Innerspace, The Fugitive.....

Matessino on the other hand, is unparalleled :)

I'm not familiar enough with the score to be able to answer that, but I remember reading people saying some cues from the bootleg wasn't on there I believe

I certainly could be wrong. I thought I remembered something like the full score is like 85 minutes and LLL picked the best 78 to put on CD, and nothing that is missing really matters anyway. But maybe I'm wrong.

How is The Fugitive not complete? That baby has a 2+ hour running time.

If memory serves me right, I think there was one or two tracks missing that was on the boot. I can't remember which ones though.

The only thing missing from La-La Land's release of The Fugitive (apart from some clean intros and endings, of course) is the film version of "The Montage", but according to the liner notes it was nowhere to be found in the vaults.

This release is absolutely fantastic, it has everything I could have ever hoped for for one of my all-time favourite soundtracks - all the music (if I want to listen to the songs, I still have the original 1990 CD), terrific sound, great liner notes and an overall great presentation. Exactly as Mikko already pointed out - no less could be expected from Matessino (and Redman!). A great, great release which I'm very much looking forward to enjoying for many, many years to come. bowdown to everybody who had anything to do with this treasure! ^_^

P. S.: This thread is already on its 11th page as I type but the one for Star Trek 5 is only on the 8th. And I thought that ST5 was a much harder expected release?! :D

I thought it was missing some alternates found on the OST?

Nope, just some clean openings and endings from the OST. Although to create the truly complete score, you'd need the La-La Land release, the OOP OST, the footwarmer, and some DVD rips.

I just received my copy today and listened to the whole score. Trully remarkable!!

i was just thinking:

if i'm not mistaken, is this the ONLY comedy-score ever to be nominated for an Oscar in the last 30 years? (of course not counting the years where there was a seperate category for a comedy/musical score)

I just received my copy today and listened to the whole score. Trully remarkable!!

i was just thinking:

if i'm not mistaken, is this the ONLY comedy-score ever to be nominated for an Oscar in the last 30 years? (of course not counting the years where there was a seperate category for a comedy/musical score)

If you do not count Terminal.

Still waiting my copy of this score. It has been exactly 2 weeks now since it was shipped. Finnish aviation strike (flight attendants and airport personnel) might have slowed deliveries here. Curse them and their scurvy over paid hides!

i was just thinking:

Hmmmm... yes.. although the Terminal is more of a romantic-comedy, but it's still Williams.

The point I wanted to make with my statement-question is that ONLY Williams could do that! (get nominated with a stricty comedic score)

Depends on your definition of comedy, I suppose. There have been films with comedic elements in the last 30 years whose scores were nominated:

1986 - Star Trek 4

1987 - The Witches of Eastwick

1988 - Rain Man

1990 - Home Alone

1995-1998 disqualified

2001 - Monsters Inc

2002 - Catch Me If You Can

2003 - Finding Nemo

2004 - A Series Of Unfortunate Events

2009 - Fantastic Mr. Fox

The Terminal was not nominated.

The Terminal was not nominated.

Oh, right. I was sure it was. Or perhaps I am thinking this because I read the Uncyclopedia article and now think everything he writes is nominated or more likely wins an Oscar. :lol:

Still waiting my copy of this score. It has been exactly 2 weeks now since it was shipped. Finnish aviation strike (flight attendants and airport personnel) might have slowed deliveries here. Curse them and their scurvy over paid hides!

Just over 2 weeks here and still no sign. Better arrive by the 24th...

Gee, now I see how lucky I was to receive it in 10 days ... :blink: Hope you all get it tomorrow, it'll really make your weekend if you do! :thumbup:

Yeah I hope so too as I am leaving for holidays next Sunday and it won't be a good Christmas without Home Alone.

Depends on your definition of comedy, I suppose. There have been films with comedic elements in the last 30 years whose scores were nominated:

1986 - Star Trek 4

1987 - The Witches of Eastwick

1988 - Rain Man

1990 - Home Alone

1995-1998 disqualified

2001 - Monsters Inc

2002 - Catch Me If You Can

2003 - Finding Nemo

2004 - A Series Of Unfortunate Events

2009 - Fantastic Mr. Fox

Rain Man is definitely not a comedy.

Arrived! Listening to it right now... I tend to forget how damn good and truly inspired this score is. It's wonderful.

After 3 full listens today I can do nothing but whole heartedly agree. :)

Arrived! Listening to it right now... I tend to forget how damn good and truly inspired this score is. It's wonderful.

After 3 full listens today I can do nothing but whole heartedly agree. :)

After at least 30 this week, so can I. :D

What a great listen this is. It's a joy from beginning to end.

Matessino's liner notes are also a very good read: informative, concise and full of little great trivia. He's probably the best at this (along with Jeff Bond).

I haven't gotten this yet, but this album will be highly treasured by me.

Can't wait to hear it... :) One of my all-time favorite JW works!!!

(I never thought I would be going all but crazy over a kid's movie's soundtrack like Home Alone when I was in my teens, but hey! It's JW!)

What a great listen this is. It's a joy from beginning to end.

Matessino's liner notes are also a very good read: informative, concise and full of little great trivia. He's probably the best at this (along with Jeff Bond).

Matessino strikes a great balance between erudite and accesible in his writing. And I agree that he is one of the best in the business doing them. The liner notes of Home Alone are a tad more "serious" than for Home Alone 2 which are quite cheerful and fun in their own way and not any less entertaning or informative. In Home Alone liner notes I particularly loved his discussion on the connections between the different thematic material and the Christmas carols. :)

I've always loved Mike Matessino's liner notes. The first ones I ever read from him were from the RCA Special Edition discs of the Original Trilogy scores. Back then I never knew who this "Mike Matessino" was but after talking to him via private messages and gotten to know him a bit more he's one cool dude. Even though I don't drink, if he did I'd buy him one.

I've always loved Mike Matessino's liner notes. The first ones I ever read from him were from the RCA Special Edition discs of the Original Trilogy scores. Back then I never knew who this "Mike Matessino" was [...]

How cool, Trent, my "Matessino story" is exactly the same! :D