La-La Land announces Home Alone (Complete)

Jay

I expect Star Trek V to go the quickest. Home Alone might go first because of the fewer # of copies.

But I think you might be seeing more people waiting to combine titles with the holiday coming, so they might risk waiting and watching how fast the titles dwindle down before ordering.

I just listened to the sample for Christmas carol medley. I don't remember this in the movie..

was it source music that went unnoticed?

I guess so. There's source music in the scene where Kevin goes shopping and the scene where Kate meets Gus Polinski at the airport.

I don't even care if anyone saw me ordering this at work.

what not to say outside of the internet: I just ordered a Home Alone Deluxe soundtrack

Pfft, I post these things on my Facebook. Sometimes it's fun to see the reaction of your non-film score ("real life") friends.

Pfft, I post these things on my Facebook. Sometimes it's fun to see the reaction of your non-film score ("real life") friends.

I do the same. All though only film score friends tend to reply to stuff like this. My friends that I know in person and for many years know I like this kind of stuff and they're cool with it.

Listen how much better Setting the Trap sounds compared to the old CD. This is closer to how it sounds on the SE DVD/BD 5.1 sound mix. I was really impressed with that.

I thought STT on the HA OS sounds pretty good as it is, but yeah... this might be even better.

3500 copies should last until at least the new year

I don't think this will sell out very soon.

Ordered! :)

Sadly my wallet did not have enough cash to buy the Star Trek V and Batman Returns yet but I hope they will still be around next year so I can get them too.

Ordered directly from LLL. Waiting for the shipping notice :)

This is my last soundtrack purchase for 2010. I'd love to get Trek V and Batman Returns, but my finances don't permit me at this moment. I hope they will last until January or February, so maybe I'll be able to get them all later.

I ordered mine 6 minutes earlier and I got the shipping notice 2 hours later.

Karol

In the end I ordered from SAE and they are saying that they have it in stock and shipping so I guess they will be sending it soon as well. And most likely La-La-Land was floored by the amount of orders. Such a great batch of titles coming out on the same day.

If you order with Paypal from LaLaLand, you may not get a shipping notice.

But like I said earlier, you might want to be a little patient this go around. I imagine they have a lot of orders to fill.

Alright, I ordered this one as well. I realized that it's kind of weird to get something else (Batman Returns) and not a JW score, especially the one I haven't got yet. So I decided to correct my mistake... ;)

No, I'm joking. I just got some extra money.

It's going to be great Christmas for me. Two John Williams releases and a quintessential Elfman score of my childhood. Yay! ;)

Now if only there is some extra bit of cash for ST V... ;)

Karol - who decided to cancel Arnold's Narnia order... it can wait...

But like I said earlier, you might want to be a little patient this go around. I imagine they have a lot of orders to fill.

Do you think domestic orders are taken care of before the international ones? :) I ordered yesterday at 1:12pm PST, and still no shipping confirmation ... :| I know, I know, I'm too anxious and impatient but I so want this before Christmas!

Do you think domestic orders are taken care of before the international ones? :mrgreen: I ordered yesterday at 1:12pm PST, and still no shipping confirmation ... ;) I know, I know, I'm too anxious and impatient but I so want this before Christmas!

No, I don't think domestic orders are taken care of before the international ones, because I'm from The Netherlands and got a shipping conformation two hours after I've ordered. It's possible you won't get a shipping conformation, but that doesn't mean you won't get it. Also, there's a link in the order conformation e-mail where you can check the status of your order.

I don't even care if anyone saw me ordering this at work.

what not to say outside of the internet: I just ordered a Home Alone Deluxe soundtrack

Not to say outside of any film score site, you mean! :mrgreen:

So what is better (meaning which ships faster)?

Ordering from LLL or SAE?

Ordering directly from LLL would be faster. SAE would have to wait for their shipment to get in then they start sending their orders out to people who ordered from them.

OK! I will order this today from LLL...

I hope I have it before Christmas!

You will. I believe they ship Priority Mail so it should take about 3-4 days to get to you.

Edit: I'm looking at the cues "Clothesline Trapeze" (from my own CD rip) in Cool Edit and if people wanted the film version insert instead of the original that's presented in the cue, it won't be too hard to replace at all.

Great!

Somehow I am looking unreasonably forward to this... meaning the missing music is not much to speak of, but this is such a nice-looking edition with a great booklet that I can't help feeling that way. I will probably enjoy this more than FP. :mrgreen:

It's actually a very nice presented release. I'm glad they actually presented the cues "Walking Home" and "We Wish You A Merry Christmas / End Titles" with out the chorus overlays. So that way if people wanted to strictly have just John Williams' music they have that option.

Oh and also the shorter cues that they joined together as one cue (like 3 or 4 short ones) to avoid huge reuse fees, they left enough space in between the actual pieces of music so you can separate them properly if you wanted to.

Come to think of it (in retrospect, as it were), Home Alone and Home Alone 2 are among JW's greatest scores.

I bought HA OS about 12 years ago, but I still enjoy it (on occasion). Amazing.

It's actually a very nice presented release. I'm glad they actually presented the cues "Walking Home" and "We Wish You A Merry Christmas / End Titles" with out the chorus overlays. So that way if people wanted to strictly have just John Williams' music they have that option.

We wish you a merry christmas seems to have choir in both versions, doesnt it?

I dont see much point in putting tracks without choir. Now, instrumental versions, that's a different matter, but dialing out choir makes no sense, the tracks were composed to have choir. (speaking about soundtracks in general)

anyway, since most of the times these kind of tracks do not 'eat' any cd space for actual score, it doesnt matter :)

Well it's probably just the cues without the lyrics. Much like Varese did with Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas.

They didn't dial anything out.

I dont see much point in putting tracks without choir. Now, instrumental versions, that's a different matter, but dialing out choir makes no sense, the tracks were composed to have choir. (speaking about soundtracks in general)

But it's cool! :) Also, one awesome side effect of including versions with and without choir is that (if they're the exact same orchestral recording) you can isolate the choir, too. So it's really three tracks (orchestra, choir, orchestra+choir) for the price of two.