Another new Williams release coming soon!

Jay

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope for Hook like last year and you rarely get dissapointed two years in a row ;)

But i wouldn't be angry if they release a remastered Starwars Box (i also remember a hint by Doug),

only if it includes the friggen prequels expanded

Please no titles from the 60s or 70s! We have enough of those already.

Actually most of Williams yet-unreleased scores is stuff from those decades. I wish we would see more premiere releases of stuff that's NEVER been published in any form, like The Screaming Woman, Pete 'n' Tillie, Story of a Woman... not to mention many fabulous TV scores for shows like Alcoa Premiere Theater, Kraft Suspense Theater and Playhouse 90.

Amen!!

Thor with an avatar?! :o

I know. :) If you can't fight 'em, join 'em!

Hey, this was my 1000th post!

"Actually most of Williams yet-unreleased scores is stuff from those decades. I wish we would see more premiere releases of stuff that's NEVER been published in any form, like The Screaming Woman, Pete 'n' Tillie, Story of a Woman... not to mention many fabulous TV scores for shows like Alcoa Premiere Theater, Kraft Suspense Theater and Playhouse 90."

i think these scores have mostly curiosity value . I wouldn;t mind having them, but it would be nice to have a true grail like Hook once every 10 years, instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel for obscure 60's stuff

Pretty much every JW release is an exciting prospect. I personally wouldn't mind an expansion on some of the dramatic scores. Stuff like Memoirs of a Geisha and Seven Years in Tibet should be filled with alternates

I hope for Hook like last year and you rarely get dissapointed two years in a row ;)

But i wouldn't be angry if they release a remastered Starwars Box (i also remember a hint by Doug),

only if it includes the friggen prequels expanded

This is all I want.

MV just confirmed on the FSM messageboards that Mike was NOT referring to Hook:

Fingers crossed he was referring to Hook.

He wasn't. smile.gif

MV

MV only confirmed that Mike wasn't referred to Hook being announced soon; He wasn't confirming Hook wasn't being worked on.

MV only confirmed that Mike wasn't referred to Hook being announced soon; He wasn't confirming Hook wasn't being worked on.

Well then there are myriad possibilities for the next JW release if it is not Hook, many possible choices mentioned in this thread. I give up and wait for the annoucement. That ink should be dry by now.

And we all certainly hope Hook is in the last stages of work before release. ;)

...You missed my point, he put in a smiley... that could mean that its a reverse statement for example: "No means yes, and Yes means No"

...You missed my point, he put in a smiley... that could mean that its a reverse statement for example: "No means yes, and Yes means No"

No. You're wrong.

:lol:

Perhaps you mean that he is right! ;)

No. You're wrong.

Wait. This is a test. I can do this.

Yes. No.

21125.gif

No. You're wrong.

Wait. This is a test. I can do this.

Yes. No.

21125.gif

You have carried this pain... for so very long !!!

Yeah, the fact that MV knew that Hook isn't going to be released "before the ink dries" means one of three things:

1. LLL is releasing Hook later so it won't be announced before the ink dries.

2. LLL is releasing the next JW release, so they know exactly what release Matessino was referring to.

3. MV heard what the next release is from Matessino.

Or any combination of the three...I'm hoping it's the first one.

But there is a smiley also.......!

I'd read that as: "Matessino wasn't referring to Hook. That'll be our release, but he isn't involved."

I read it as "it's not Hook, but you're going to love it."

I'm actually hoping if it's not Hook that it is Jurassic Park, since the Blu Ray is coming out next month.

TLW would be better than JP honestly...

True, but would they really start with the 2nd film? I'd much rather get more of the first film first, then the 2nd film later on. And it is the more popular score of the two (even though I do think TLW is underrated). And there are some real good tracks left off...

wow...really? we're resorted to calling people "dick heads"...

They did Home Alone II before Home Alone I, so perhaps there is some precedent for TLW over JP seeing as JP fits nicely on one CD and a good portion of the score was released already where as TLW is the opposite. But, conversely, JP's 20 years is almost here where as TLW still has a few to go. Once that time span is up, my understanding is that licencing becomes a lot easier to get and cheaper. So JP may still be first.

I imagine the release would be Hook... and if another Williams, something less well known and probably not a Spielberg collaboration. Perhaps another 70's score. Maybe a complete Jane Eyre or Heidi or something. Not that they're top of my list (although I LOVE Heidi).

I'd like either JP, TLW, Hook, AI, Minority Report... but I don't expect them anytime soon (except Hook)

They did Home Alone II before Home Alone I, so perhaps there is some precedent for TLW over JP seeing as JP fits nicely on one CD and a good portion of the score was released already where as TLW is the opposite. But, conversely, JP's 20 years is almost here where as TLW still has a few to go. Once that time span is up, my understanding is that licencing becomes a lot easier to get and cheaper. So JP may still be first.

I imagine the release would be Hook... and if another Williams, something less well known and probably not a Spielberg collaboration. Perhaps another 70's score. Maybe a complete Jane Eyre or Heidi or something. Not that they're top of my list (although I LOVE Heidi).

I'd like either JP, TLW, Hook, AI, Minority Report... but I don't expect them anytime soon (except Hook)

MV already said that one of these two is not Hook.

Haven't you been on the MB long enough to spot Hlao-roo's (Alan's) humor? :)

The speculation at this point sounds like talking to an absent minded person who does not listen to what you say.

Person 1: "MV just confirmed that the new release Matessino has been working on is not Hook."

Person 2: "Oh. A new release you say. Is it Hook? Please say it's Hook!"

Person 1: "I just told you! It's not going to be Hook but it does not mean that Hook won't be released soon as well!"

Person 2: "Ah, OK! But I really hope it's going to be Hook!"

Person 1: "No, no no! I said it WILL NOT BE HOOK this time!. It will be some other JW release."

Person2: "Well in that case I hope it will be Hook."

Person 1: "I SAID LOUD AND CLEAR THAT IT WON'T BE HOOK #%¤&>¤%&/!!!!"

Person 2: "So you are saying that there might be a possibility it won't be Hook? Interesting. But it still could be. Nothing says otherwise. I think the smiley in a post said it all. There is hope. So let's say the new release will be Hook."

Person 1: "I SAID LOUD AND CLEAR THAT IT WON'T BE HOOK #%¤&>¤%&/!!!!"

Person 2: "So you are saying that there might be a possibility it won't be Hook? Interesting. But it still could be. Nothing says otherwise. I think the smiley in a post said it all. There is hope. So let's say the new release will be Hook."

but he said there are two ne releases, the second release he brought into this, is not covered by the "its not hook' comment