Internet hoax claiming that John Williams has passed away circulating in the net

Adervae

Apparently some websites have recently claimed that John Williams has died yesterday. Can anyone please clarify if these reports are untrue?

Moderator's note: These claims and rumours are just an internet hoax and thus completely false and untrue.

First of all, it's not funny.

Second, it's pretty clear this was a hoax. I've only heard about this hoax on this thread and on the Filmtracks one. Had this been true, the maestro's ''passing'' would have had a lot more buzz, much like John Barry's did, although moreso.

Appearently the website that launched the hoax in the first place are the kind of guys that claim stuff like this:

The American composer-conductor-pianist has an estimated net worth of $245 million. He owes his fortune to smart stock investments, substantial property holdings, lucrative endorsement deals with CoverGirl cosmetics. He also owns several restaurants (the Fat Williams Burger chain) in Washington, a Football Team (the New York Angels), has launched his own brand of Vodka (Pure Wonderwilliams - US), and is tackling the juniors market with a top-selling perfume (With Love from John) and a fashion line called John Williams Seduction.

But this is the internet and stuff like that, once it catches on, spreads like wild fire, whether true or not. Poor media literacy is to blaim I tell you (and these guys of course)!

Topic title edited for general mental and physical well being of JWFan (the original gave me a near heart attack when I first read it).

Ahhh, much better.

johnwilliamshaha_zpsa973422e.jpg

It looks much better when you click on the forum itself!

Hrrrmmm well yes... Actually I caught upon that as well after I had made the change. Any suggestions for a panic lessening topic title indy4?

I changed the title again. Does that seem safe to you now? In every possible viewing mode it is presented on the MB? Should there be stronger claims of the thing just being a false rumour and a hoax?

You're still alive, my old friend?

"Still......old friend".

bloody hell! that shit aint funny!

I guess it keeps us on our toes, prevents us taking things for granted.

I seem to remember doing a John Williams RIP thread in the early 2000's.

That one was funny....

You did one? I can't remember it. But if you did I am sure you did with too much class to be reproached on it.

That one was funny....

You and your politically incorrect humour....;)

"Dear most loyal Fans. I speak to you now like 'Father and Son'.

Know well that I was 'Over the moon' to receive news of an outpouring of concern about my well being at my favourite website, my daily dose of myself - my refuge from the darkness of this world . However, I must put minds at rest and state unequivocally that it truly is a 'False Alarm'. It was a story that initially came to my attention while on a 'Flight from Peru' and although it may shock some to hear this, it amused me greatly (while understanding the distress and alarm it caused you all). If I could 'Turn back the world' and ease all your fluttering hearts, I would do so. Do keep in mind that it is not the first time this has happened, nor will it be the last, as such 'High Wire Stunts' are not unusual on this marvellous but troubled medium. Console yourself that in my 'Quiet moments' you (all of you) are in my thoughts and dreams "

Yours with Celery,

~ John T Williams.

That one was funny....

You did one? I can't remember it. But if you did I am sure you did with too much class to be reproached on it.

You were here in 2001?

I thought it was funny, many other disagreed.

It was the start of my "reputation"...

That one was funny....

You were here in 2001?

I thought it was funny, many other disagreed.

It was the start of my "reputation"...

Before my time then. Yet you can't spell infamous without famous so I guess it is all right. All publicity is good publicity and all that...

"John Williams creates dinosaurs. John Williams destroys dinosaurs. John Williams creates JWFan. JWFan destroys John Williams. JWFan creates dinosaurs."

"Dinosaurs eat JWFan … FSM inherits the earth."

ROTFLMAO