Bridge of Spies FILM discussion

mrbellamy

Even if this does have John Williams why would it be in his sub forum? It's a discussion about the movie.

John Williams subforum:

Anything and everything John Williams related! His film, television, and concert work, his appearances on TV and in person, films he's scored, everything!

I would wager something in the vein of either Munich or Minority Report or Presumed Innocent. Works for me.

the boring scores

Thank you KM. I can always rely on you.

Even if this does have John Williams why would it be in his sub forum? It's a discussion about the movie.

John Williams subforum:

Anything and everything John Williams related! His film, television, and concert work, his appearances on TV and in person, films he's scored, everything!

Load of bollocks. Spielberg movie talk goes on in GD all the time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have we gotten a Soviet score out of Williams before?

This might be a really good one. Cold War movies can lend themselves to some wonderfully brooding..."cloudy day" scores.

I'm guessing we'll hear something more along the lines of Munich (not the ethnic stuff, but the tone of the score), which I would appreciate very much!

So even IMDB isn't calling it St. James Place yet....

It just sounds like a fake title. Boring and non-descript to throw people off. I don't know, has anybody bothered to find out if St. James Place is a real thing connected to the history of the film's events? All that comes up for me on Google are local churches and bars...

I don't necessarily believe it will happen, I just think that it's a possibility. St. James Place (also known as Spielberg's Untitled Spy Cold War Thriller) will most likely be similar to the boring bits of Munich with some minor Soviet instrumentation. I have a feeling that his score for 2016's The BFF will be superior to both.

2016 is looking to be a busy year for Williams. I don't know if he'll be able to commit to TinTin.

I know, I'm just hoping for a Jackson-Williams collaboration! But Tintin 2 is not going to get a 2016 release anyway.

What do you mean? He was heavily involved in the post-production and even had a couple of exchanges with Williams. In the extras you can see him in video conference listening to the sessions, and I remember reading somewhere that Tintin was the first and only time they had to do mock-ups for Jackson to hear before the actual sessions.

What do you mean? He was heavily involved in the post-production and even had a couple of exchanges with Williams. In the extras you can see him in video conference listening to the sessions, and I remember reading somewhere that Tintin was the first and only time they had to do mock-ups for Jackson to hear before the actual sessions.

And I'm sure PJ would have rejected the score if Spielberg weren't in charge.

AFAIK, Williams didn't do any mock-ups, but he wrote and recorded a sort of "preliminary score" for a substantial amount of pre-rendered scenes in 2009, then he recorded the final score (including revisions of several cues recorded in '09) in April 2011.

Looks like it.

BTW, here's the first lengthy article about St. James Place--it's mostly about how production went in Germany, but it also includes some details about characters and plot:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/guymartin/2014/12/16/saving-pilot-powers-tom-hanks-and-steven-spielberg-film-a-cold-war-thriller-in-berlin/

BFG could be awesome if they do it right. The book is fantastic.

I haven't read the book.

The animation film was quite good but i found the story (with the Queen involvement and the army) a bit silly..