The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

32 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

The biggest movie of my childhood was Spider-Man.......

So, I take it your avatar is not a self portrait?

let's face facts..Most of the posters here ( AC) are curmudgeons ( Drax) who are predisposed to dislike anything new or inventive.

Thats just sad.

3 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

So, I take it your avatar is not a self portrait?

let's face facts..Most of the posters here ( AC) are curmudgeons ( Drax) who are predisposed to dislike anything new or inventive.

Thats just sad.

Nothing new is inventive. Hollyweird is creatively bankrupt -- and soon to be plain bankrupt.

When you boil it down, all stories come down to only a handful of story archetypes; so nothing had been new for at least the last few millennia. Its the little variations and flourishes of each story and how its told that make the difference.

6 hours ago, Chen G. said:

When you boil it down, all stories come down to only a handful of story archetypes; so nothing had been new for at least the last few millennia. Its the little variations and flourishes of each story and how its told that make the difference.

It's the style in which you tell the story that makes the difference. Eventually, the storytellers of Ancient Greece realized that there were only so many stories and everyone was telling them in the same manner. And so, in order to distinguish themselves from other storytellers, they started working on 'style'. How you tell something became even more important than the story itself because it's style that made the familiar stories fresh and new again. People came no longer for the stories, but for the storyteller.

“Black Widow,” starring Scarlett Johansson, was set to debut on Nov. 6, a date that started to look increasingly unlikely as movie theaters on the coasts remained closed. Variety previously reported that the studio was eyeing a new time to unveil the film on the big screen after the disappointing performance of Christopher Nolan’s “Tenet” in the U.S. and the delay of “Wonder Woman 1984.” “Black Widow” will now open on May 7, 2021.

Due to the interconnected nature of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, “Black Widow’s” move shifted back other installments in the superhero franchise. “Eternals,” a comic book adventure about a super-powered alien race, will debut on Nov. 5, 2021. It was previously dated for Feb. 12, 2021. Chloé Zhao directed the film, which stars Angelina Jolie, Richard Madden, Gemma Chan and Kumail Nanjiani.

And “Shang-Chi,” Marvel’s first film with an Asian lead, has moved from May 7, 2021 to July 9, 2021. Destin Daniel Cretton will direct a cast that includes Simu Liu as the titular martial arts hero.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/black-widow-west-side-story-eternals-release-date-delay-1234773491/

The Variety article doesn't mention it, but they kept Spider-man 3 where it was : December 17, 2021, one week after West Side Story

That's 4 MCU films scheduled for 2021

Next year will be filled with super-hero movies:

-Black Widow in May

-Venom 2 in June

-Shang Chi in July

-The Suicide Squad in August

-The Batman in October

-Eternals in November

-Spider-Man 3 in December

Have I forget any movie?

I dunno, out of the 8 you mention, only 5 have actually finished shooting, with The Batman still on-going, and Spider-man and Black Adam not even started yet.  If covid affects filming, those could get pushed into 2022

Out of the 8 movies, 4 of them already have their composers:

-Black Widow - Lorne Balfe

-The Suicide Squad - John Murphy

-The Batman - Michael Giacchino

-Spider-Man - Michael Giacchino (probable)

I've heard some rumours that Ramin Djawadi will score Eternals. That leaves just Venom 2, Shang Chi and Black Adam without composers yet, so we can speculate.

As for the release date, who knows if it'll be a problem for the movies that haven't started filming yet? Tom Holland is shooting the Uncharted movie in Germany, so far without problems.

It's definetly an underrated movie, but I don't think it's superior to either Russo Bros. directed Avengers movie.

I kinda wish more Avengers movies similar to AoU, in which they fight one villain per movie and self contained stories, like a James Bond movie, instead of the sprawling story spread over countless movies. 

I think the MCU movie I like most that's not a common favorite is Doctor Strange.  It's really watchable and just the right amount of silly, the phrase "Dormammu, I'm here to bargain." has entered my lexicon of go-to phrases.  I'm really looking forward to the Raimi directed sequel.

Iron Man 2 is Steef's favorite!

Iron Man 2 is one of the early Marvel movies I have never seen since theaters.  I was so-so on it at the time - I remember it felt a little lumpy pacing-wise.  I had no problem with the content, as far as I remember.  I wonder if a rewatch in the full context of what Marvel movies have become will change my thoughts on it.  As it stands, I'd rank it as probably my least favorite, although I still liked it.

I tend to enjoy the more silly cosmic side of the MCU.  Alien trees and Sorcerer Supreme and all that.  I'm very curious about The Eternals, which seems like the apotheosis of this aspect of the MCU.