The Force Awakens final trailer MUSIC discussion

Balahkay

Why does it seem this trailer music is more popular than the music Williams did in the first two teasers? I mean, Disney didn't released a music only track for those.

We are living in an era where a lot of people think hardcore pop music is more appropriate for end credits than score. I don't identify th 90% of my generation.

The percussions are a great way to emphasize the tumultuous relationship between Han and Leia.

I know you're kidding but that sort of literal musical interpretation really grinds my gears!

It does seem a slightly obscure theme to pluck out of nowhere; I'm guessing it features quite prominently in JW's score (which the trailer people probably drew upon for inspiration).

At least Across the Stars wasn't jettisoned in the very next sequel, unlike Anakin's Theme...

Also impressive was the appearance of the Rebel Fanfare (microedited out for our listening pleasure).

I just want to hear the actual score. To hell with faux-Williams trailer music!

I just want to hear the actual score. To hell with faux-Williams trailer music!

You will on December 18th. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if JJ and company vetoed audio samples from sites like Amazon and... whatever other sites post samples

Is it just me or is the music to that trailer really crap and old fashioned? Like, where are the epic toms, or taiko drums and BWAAAAAARRRRRs? Where's the plinky pianos? And why the fuck am I hearing woodwinds? Jeez, Lucas really need to get with the times. :sarcasm:

Nope. It's too familiar now. The "This Christmas" text marked a shift in the tone of the trailer, from the Falcon flyby to a busy montage, but the music kept going to its original Empire conclusion. I prefer what the trailer people used.

I like the OT music version better, especially the ESB ending. I imagine it's easier to edit a trailer to pre-existing music than placing music to an already edited trailer. It could be improved if the trailer was re-edited to match the music and transitions better.

I prefer the "Breathing" trailer for AOTC, which featured hardly any music and mostly the sound of Darth Vader's respirator. Still one of the most effective trailers I've seen. Way better than the TFA ones.

Well that's probably because they didn't edit the trailer to the old music...

The trailer music works, as they often do. I just find it silly how much attention (both good and bad) it's getting.

The trailer music works, as they often do. I just find it silly how much attention (both good and bad) it's getting.

Welcome to the world of Star Wars.

You were probably too young to have experienced release of the Prequels the way many of us did.

He's 18 right? So he was around. But too young too understand

He was still learning the alphabet when AOTC was released!

In French, yeah!

I guess the Hobbit films were the closest I got to that experience.

PSA for the forum: OY is the Jewish expression of exasperation or frustration, OI is the British slang meant to get attention or convey outrage.

Oy, such humidity today! I'm schvitzing like a knish here, Harold.

Oi, wot u doin m8, avin a laff clean shirt?