Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Jason, that trailer info has been debunked. Quoting Episode 7 News: "it’s a mistake on the dating and is actually the trailer we’ve already seen. It will get removed tomorrow"

Plus, this is pretty cool

https://twitter.com/davidpopineau/status/639560720221372420

First glimpse of Kyloe Ren's voice (via talking mask toy). Not very badass...Sounds like a weenie to be honest.

His voice reminds me of the Talkboy voice in Home Alone 2.

You know, for some reason it never occurred to me that they would not be using their natural accents.

Captain Phasma has an accent, but I'm not sure if that's Gwendoline Christie's voice. The second phrase sounds like "Oh my god."

It probably will. Sometimes toy companies take artistic liberties like this with toys. I remember many of the TPM commtech chips sounded nothing like their characters. Then again, that was 16 years ago.

That said, I thought Boyega sounded good. I'm guessing Ridley will use an American accent, too.

I'm getting a prequel vibe from the designs of the First Order stuff.

I'm really hoping that Abrams is able to get a good performance out of Ford. With Crystal Skull, it was painfully clear that Ford could no longer play the character of Indiana Jones. Not that the script was any good, because it wasn't. His deliveries were all wrong. That twinkle in his eye was gone. He was just some old guy in a fedora. Yet, everyone involved in the production was gushing over the old fuck, just as Abrams himself did in the Entertainment Weekly interview. They seem to think that just because you have him in the suit, that everything's alright and he's this beloved character again. Not so.

His deliveries were all wrong.

Part time...

Yet, everyone involved in the production was gushing over the old fuck, just as Abrams himself did in the Entertainment Weekly interview. They seem to think that just because you have him in the suit, that everything's alright and he's this beloved character again. Not so.

Actually, Abrams made a point to say the opposite during the Comic-Con panel, using the Millennium Falcon as an example. I'm paraphrasing: "Just because you have the Millennium Falcon in your scene, doesn't make the scene good. You can't get so consumed with nostalgia that you forget to pay proper service to your own movie." It made me feel some relief that this isn't going to be a 2 hour OT handjob.

Well, I like a lot of what I'm seeing here, for sure.

But.

It reminds me more of promotional imagery for a new Star Wars book / video game / trading card / comic series from the 90s... Not a new modern movie, somehow?

I dunno.