Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

You know what's awesome about his full quote? The first person JJ mentions as a way to sell him on the film is JOHN THE MAN WILLIAMS!

about a year later, we get together and meet and he says we’re using all the original people – John Williams, Kasdan, Harrison Ford’s in it, everybody’s in it and everybody’s writing and making the music and we have to have your art to make it the real thing. So, of course, I’ve got to do it for George and I’ve got to do it for Star Wars. I’ve never worked with J.J before and so we started working on it and he showed me like half the movie and it was just… a wonderful film and I know it’s going to be grand. I got to read the script and subsequently I’ve seen half of it and I can tell you and the fans this, Honest to god, it is far and away probably going to be THE BEST Star Wars you’ve ever seen. … Well it’s beautifully made and it’s a wonderful story.

It's a shame his D23 poster didn't live up to his comments. Although, it could have been worse. It could have been something like this:

StarwarsDVD1.jpg

I'm hopeful the actual poster will be significantly better.

You know what's awesome about his full quote? The first person JJ mentions as a way to sell him on the film is JOHN THE MAN WILLIAMS!

about a year later, we get together and meet and he says we’re using all the original people – John Williams, Kasdan, Harrison Ford’s in it, everybody’s in it and everybody’s writing and making the music and we have to have your art to make it the real thing. So, of course, I’ve got to do it for George and I’ve got to do it for Star Wars. I’ve never worked with J.J before and so we started working on it and he showed me like half the movie and it was just… a wonderful film and I know it’s going to be grand. I got to read the script and subsequently I’ve seen half of it and I can tell you and the fans this, Honest to god, it is far and away probably going to be THE BEST Star Wars you’ve ever seen. … Well it’s beautifully made and it’s a wonderful story.

Yeah, I noticed that too. In the D23 clip, look how childishly happy he looks when he tells the audience they're going to be excited by the music.

Screen_Shot_2015_08_19_at_8_18_33_PM.png

Note "everybody's writing and making the music", so it's not just John Williams. Ghost composers!

Note "everybody's writing and making the music", so it's not just John Williams. Ghost composers!

Indeed! Korngold, Steiner, Rózsa and others are with him.

about a year later, we get together and meet and he says were using all the original people John Williams, Kasdan, Harrison Fords in it, everybodys in it and everybodys writing and making the music and we have to have your art to make it the real thing. So, of course, Ive got to do it for George and Ive got to do it for Star Wars. Ive never worked with J.J before and so we started working on it and he showed me like half the movie and it was just a wonderful film and I know its going to be grand. I got to read the script and subsequently Ive seen half of it and I can tell you and the fans this, Honest to god, it is far and away probably going to be THE BEST Star Wars youve ever seen. Well its beautifully made and its a wonderful story.

Kloser and Wanker!

Even more, he says it's "far and away the best..."

That's mighty praise.

There are only two good Star Wars films, which can also be called sci-fi classics, but not necessarily great films.

The competition for a good SW movie isn't that great.

about a year later, we get together and meet and he says were using all the original people John Williams, Kasdan, Harrison Fords in it, everybodys in it and everybodys writing and making the music and we have to have your art to make it the real thing. So, of course, Ive got to do it for George and Ive got to do it for Star Wars. Ive never worked with J.J before and so we started working on it and he showed me like half the movie and it was just a wonderful film and I know its going to be grand. I got to read the script and subsequently Ive seen half of it and I can tell you and the fans this, Honest to god, it is far and away probably going to be THE BEST Star Wars youve ever seen. Well its beautifully made and its a wonderful story.

Kloser and Wanker!

Don't bring that Wanker any Kloser to these films!

Give me tech, deserts and corridors! That's Star Wars!

That's Alexcremers' Star Wars. I quite like the forests and swamps of Star Wars. Endor was only spoiled by its indigenous teddy bears.

Trees in sci-fi = Stargate SG-1

Fucking rat Christ. Star Wars had Mexican trees. Empire had soundstage trees. Jedi had Californian trees. Long before Canada gave us Stargate and Battlestar Galactica.

It's weird that those appear to be the OT Stormtroopers. Also, kinda funny that the Falcon has the circular dish again.

The stormtroopers apparently do look almost exactly like that from behind though. Now that you mention it though, these have the rim above their legs (the ones in front of the closest stormtrooper are flipped - cover fail)

It's weird that those appear to be the OT Stormtroopers. Also, kinda funny that the Falcon has the circular dish again.

The stormtroopers apparently do look almost exactly like that from behind though. Now that you mention it though, these have the rim above their legs (the ones in front of the closest stormtrooper are flipped - cover fail)

Apparently it was a mistake on the part of designers from Empire magazine. They probably used stock photos of old stormtroopers

Troopers.jpg

Episode 7 news thinks the same:

As many of you have noticed the Stormtroopers featured on the cover are wearing the uniforms from the Original Trilogy. Since this is not a real photo, but a photoshopped image, this is most likely a mistake and not some grand conspiracy. :)

The same thing with the Millennium Falcon shot

They're keeping things pretty close to the chest. Hard copies of the novelization, for instance, won't be available in stores until January (ebook coming out shortly after the film's release). I think they want to avoid having things sitting around in the stockrooms of stores (aka leaking prerelease) that may spoil things they don't want spoiled.