Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Have we not been told Finn and Rey's last names yet, because they are Skywalkers? Did Leia end up marrying Lando instead of Han? Is Finn's last name Calrissian?

This is even worse than the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull one.

I thought Struzan's KOTCS work was beautiful.

This? It seems like Struzan was being yanked in different directions while designing it. I can imagine the dialogue between him and Abrams:

"Why do you want this at an angle?"

"Look, slanted artwork is in now."

"Why can't I do it like I've done it before? Why do I have to put Harrison here, why not Mark or Carrie?"

"Drew, I'm calling the shots here. Just do what I want."

Have we not been told Finn and Rey's last names yet, because they are Skywalkers? Did Leia end up marrying Lando instead of Han? Is Finn's last name Calrissian?

I hope that's not the case.

It's rumored Kylo Ren is the son of Han and Leia. It's been hinted that his relationship with whomever may be revealed before the film is released.

I'm starting to wonder if Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are even in the film...maybe they will only be in the deleted scenes

(actual major spoiler. Do not read)

Leia, yes. Luke, mostly no

So Leia is actually not in the film?

Karol

Someone has to lead.

What Matt said is exactly what transpired too. To the letter.

This is even worse than the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull one.

I thought Struzan's KOTCS work was beautiful.

I thought the surrounding composition was great, but Harrison Ford just looked weird on it to me. There was something very off about his face.

I'm starting to wonder if Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are even in the film...maybe they will only be in the deleted scenes

Karol

No, she is. Just in a relatively small supporting role. Han is the only one of the big 3 to get significant screen time

Karol

No, she is. Just in a relatively small supporting role. Han is the only one of the big 3 to get significant screen time

Yeah, I sort of expected that anyway. It looks like Luke might have a role to play in the future episodes, though.

Quint, what's wrong with Crystal Skull teaser poster?

indiana_jones_and_the_kingdom_of_the_cry

Karol

Oh yeah, the other one was underwhelming. But this The Force Awakens poster is a teaser too, obviously. And, as such, it looks ok (again, apart from Ford).

Karol

Yes, if the image is real and not a fake.

I made that comparison picture. It's simply comparing the painting Drew himself posted on Facebook and the photos of the D23 poster print posted everywhere.

By the way, they did change the above Crystal Skull poster in a similar way (original on left):

GhagnRK.jpg

They used the face from THIS promo photo.

Um struzan being critisized for not drawing Ford correctly???

lol

you can count the 'ugly' fords with your fingers, while the correctly drawn ones are too many.

And in reality, probably the original face is more close to the actual photo they provided than the other one. He has the serious ford face. They later wanted the ford sidegrin face.

And Ford is getting old, you know.

KOTS final poster was spot on.