Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Hmm, okay. Not even a little teaser poster? So, we'll probably see the trailer in late September or some time in October. November seems rather late. It seems obvious that we won't hear any music (aside from trailer music) until the soundtrack the released.

Yeah, November would be too late. I think we can probably assume that it'll be around the release of one of the next IMAX movies. Either Everest (9/18), The Walk (9/30) or Crimson Peak (10/16)

Maybe they'll attach a trailer to The Force Awakens in December.

starwarskorea.jpg

The bad guys outfits of the original trilogy where inspired by Nazis... this one seems to be a little Mao-esque!

I thought the costume design of the Imperial officers in the OT was inspired by the Imperial Japanese uniforms of the Second World War.

The OT designs were a little more subtle. This looks so blatantly Eastern inspired.

starwarskorea.jpg

The bad guys outfits of the original trilogy where inspired by Nazis... this one seems to be a little Mao-esque!

I thought the costume design of the Imperial officers in the OT was inspired by the Imperial Japanese uniforms of the Second World War.

The OT designs were a little more subtle. This looks so blatantly Eastern inspired.

Yep, the film will be banned in China!

And we never got to see the storm troopers on parade grounds like that in the OT. The closest scene is when the emperor arrives but it is not quite "reviewing the troops" moment.

I think it looks rather cool.

New Photos from Entertainment Weekly

The captions on the photos on that link do reveal some of the context of the pictures, so I'm posting the photos on this post in case some of you wish to avoid reading them, although is still oficially revealed information

ep7-26115-1377-1378-03_0_0.jpg

EP7-34101-1377-1378-05_1.jpg

EP7-30985-1377-1378-04_0.jpg

ep7-38176-1377-1378-07.jpg

EP7-38369-1377-1378-08_1.jpg

ep7-175875-1377-1378-01.jpg

ep7-38539-1377-1378-09.jpg

ep7-34568-1377-1378-06.jpg

ep7-22591-1377-1378-02.jpg

ep7-128464-1377-1378-11.jpg

ep7-00000-1377-1378-001.jpg

There's also a JJ Abrams interview http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/12/star-wars-luke-skywalker-hooked-jj-abrams with some new information. And apparently some new exclusive info in the print version (or at least exclusive for a few more days until the rest of the content is put online)

Weird that we've only seen one character holstering a lightsaber in the entire movie.

I'm curious if the raw, reddish, primitive style of Kylo Ren's is just for his or simple a re-interpretation over the stupidly clean and boring sabers that Lucas inflicted upon us in the prequels. It seems to be attempting to replicate the imperfections of the OT sabers.

Wow, a pretty meh collection of pictures.

What else were you hoping for?

I wasn't hoping for anything; I never knew there was an EW spread coming until it was posted here. Clicked it open, saw a bunch of meh pictures, and that was that. I dunno what you're really asking

Who's the Gestapo?

I was wondering where his hands were until I looked more closely.

We've already seen some of those pictures before. Abrams really doesn't want to show Hamill in costume for some reason... At least with his face showing.

Almost all of the marketing imagery has taken place on Jakku. Without anything to go on but the official info, I get a real feeling that the majority of what they're releasing is from the first 1/4 or 1/3 of the movie (to preserve story secrets, etc).

Wait, what the heck? When I clicked Romão's link earlier, the only pics were a bunch of set pictures of JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy, the guys working on R2, etc. Now he's updated his post with a bunch of different, much cooler pics I never saw on the EW site. Strange!

Yea, those pics posted here are pretty good!

EDIT: The "meh" pics I was talking about earlier are these: http://www.ew.com/gallery/star-wars-celebration-photos-fans-saw/2165733_jj-abrams-and-lucasfilm-president-kathleen-kennedy-millennium-falcon-they-make-jump-hyperspace

I dunno how that happened!

Wait, what the heck? When I clicked Romão's link earlier, the only pics were a bunch of set pictures of JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy, the guys working on R2, etc. Now he's updated his post with a bunch of different, much cooler pics I never saw on the EW site. Strange!

EDIT: The "meh" pics I was talking about earlier are these: http://www.ew.com/gallery/star-wars-celebration-photos-fans-saw/2165733_jj-abrams-and-lucasfilm-president-kathleen-kennedy-millennium-falcon-they-make-jump-hyperspace

Same happened with me

Can't wait to see what Williams has in store for this sequence.

That's what I was wondering when looking at this, the other pictures and teasers. How is Williams going to score these scenes?

Can't wait to see what Williams has in store for this sequence.

It'll be interesting to see how that whole Jakku section plays out, in general. Seems pretty lengthy and involved from everything we've seen...that's gotta be some serious make-or-break time for this new incarnation of SW, introducing all those new characters, establishing relationships, getting the conflict going with (probably) the first major setpiece and somehow bringing the Falcon back into it. I'm sure Williams has a huge part throughout.

Same happened with me

I had put the wrong link at first, I corrected it just a couple of minutes after posting. That is why

Same happened with me

I'm just now going through the thread with the corrected images, so I was about to say "what the hell are you talking about, these pics are cool!"

Love this one especially

EP7-30985-1377-1378-04_0.jpg

They're definitely not those things from AOTC. They look like modified AT-AT, at least the legs do.

I'm sure there were explicit instructions by JJ to the artists that anything remotely resembling the prequel trilogy would be discarded, resulting in immediate termination.

Oh yea the actual new pics are not remotely meh at all; I didn't know at the time I was looking at the wrong ones!

Based upon Kyle Ren and what was revealed today, it makes one wonder if he is a twin...

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk