Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

"I might have said things in the past that were characterizations of how I felt at the time," he said. "That was then. This is now. It doesn't matter."

- Harrison Ford

Source

Translation:

I have a chance to be relevant again and wash the taste of KOTCS, Cowboys and Aliens and every other bad film I've done. And Callista's kids wanna see me be Han Solo.

;)

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly. That strategy would dilute the remaining anticipation for these films, and people are eventually going to stop paying to see them.

They're taking the Marvel Universe approach to Star Wars. Specifically the Avengers. The Avengers movies are like the Episodes that come out every couple of years, while the individual Iron Man, Thor, Hulk movies fill in the rest. Yet people still go to see these films. So why handle Star Wars any different in this day and age? There's a galaxy worth of stories to tell.

As for Williams, if Episodes 7, 8, and 9 are meant to be the new conclusion to the saga, he only has six years to wait to complete the trilogies. Not as bad as waiting 9 that's for sure.

I think their strategy will work.

Every two years? I doubt Disney will make that summer 2015 date... if anything, it'll probably be fall 2015 or likely summer 2016. They have Avengers 2 for May 1st and Pirates of the Caribbean 5 for July 10th. Their summer dominance is pretty much assured with those two titles alone.

If Disney was sure they were going to make summer 2015, they would've booked a release date already. If they're sure they'll make it, they'll book May 22, 2015 -- Memorial Day weekend. (The exact same weekend the original Star Wars opened.) But the kicker is, they haven't.

I think Disney will let Avengers 2 dominate May 2015, and maybe save Star Wars Episode VII for December 2015.

Huge interview with JJ Abrams published in Playboy today in which he says he will be collaborating with George Lucas for Episode 7

WARNING: NSFW Ads on the side!!

http://www.playboy.com/playground/view/playboy-interview-j-j-abrams-on-star-trek-star-wars

He also discusses Cloverfield 2, Alias, and whether or not he will direct Star Trek 3

They're taking the Marvel Universe approach to Star Wars. Specifically the Avengers. The Avengers movies are like the Episodes that come out every couple of years, while the individual Iron Man, Thor, Hulk movies fill in the rest. Yet people still go to see these films. So why handle Star Wars any different in this day and age? There's a galaxy worth of stories to tell.

As for Williams, if Episodes 7, 8, and 9 are meant to be the new conclusion to the saga, he only has six years to wait to complete the trilogies. Not as bad as waiting 9 that's for sure.

The are taking the Disney approach.

Carrie Fisher likes that Star Wars was bought by Disney; They are sending a trainer to her house to get her into shape for Episode 7

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/6512/20130430/star-wars-episode-7-plot-rumors-cast-unveiled-carrie-fisher-confirms-princess-leia-role-leaked-photos-trailers-future.htm

ILM is looking at opening up a London facility to take advantage of tax credits. It also mentions that Episode VII might be partially shot in England as well.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/ilm-considering-opening-london-office-star-wars-work-exclusive-88566

Looks like Disney's already looking at basing shooting and post-production for Episode VII in the UK. Seems like whoever will end up scoring Episode VII (whether it's Williams or Giacchino), will be 'encouraged' to record the score there.

That could actually turn out to be the deciding factor whether Williams signs up or not. Apparently he doesn't like long haul flights anymore.

That could actually turn out to be the deciding factor whether Williams signs up or not. Apparently he doesn't like long haul flights anymore.

He could send someone to conduct the score for him in London, like William Ross did in COS. Or maybe he'll decide to do a last farewell trip to the UK and conduct the LSO one last time, for old times sake...