Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Yup, here's a link to where the live stream will be

http://www.starwars.com/news/watch-star-wars-celebration-anaheim-live-on-starwars-com-powered-by-verizon

It indeed begins at 10am PST, which is exactly 2 hours from the time of this post.

Alex, did you really not notice that all those posters were already posted in this thread just a few posts before yours?

Too similar to Darth Revan... and Mandalore:

4311228477_037e38d85f.jpg

BTW, Though i dont like the posters per se, i like the drew struzan style (it could be him but I cant see his signature anywhere)

The posters could be the film adaptation covers, so then they are fine.

Alex, did you really not notice that all those posters were already posted in this thread just a few posts before yours?

No, I didn't notice it. Corrected.

The Kylo Ren design looks more like something you'd see in fan-fiction rather than a mega-blockbuster. The storm troopers are cool.

This one's interesting with one style of Stormtroopers on the left, and another on the right

starwarstfakylotroopers_large.jpg

I kinda like the ones on the right.

Snow stormtrooper on the right, right?

I dunno, but I certainly wouldn't mind another trip to a snowy location!

So... how all those look any different from the prequels again? Another version of stormtroopers, men in cloaks with fancy lightsabers?

Let me play a devil advocate here: Prequels might have been shit but I never ever criticised their look. At least they offered something new to look at.

All I'm seeing here (and hearing from the rumours) is that the new film makes grand victory at the end of Return of the Jedi completely irrelevant. 30 years after, Empire is still there, so is Rebellion. Yet another Sith (?). I'm guessing some new superweapon as well. Hardly worth bothering in the first place, Han, Luke and Leia!

Let's see if that new trailers also leaves sour taste at mouth.

Karol

So... how all those look any different from the prequels again? Another version of stormtroopers, men in cloaks with fancy lightsabers?

Let me play a devil advocate here: Prequels might have been shit but I never ever criticised their look. At least they offered something new to look at.

You answered your own question!

All I'm seeing here (and hearing from the rumours) is that the new film makes grand victory at the end of Return of the Jedi completely irrelevant. 30 years after, Empire is still there, so is Rebellion.

This actually kind of makes sense. It can be an Alexander the Great situation. It's a Empire of galactic size after all.

You answered your own question!

It was new back then. It's not anymore.

Karol

All I'm seeing here (and hearing from the rumours) is that the new film makes grand victory at the end of Return of the Jedi completely irrelevant. 30 years after, Empire is still there, so is Rebellion. Yet another Sith (?). I'm guessing some new superweapon as well. Hardly worth bothering in the first place, Han, Luke and Leia!

Let's see if that new trailers also leaves sour taste at mouth.

Karol

The look of the prequels is one of the worst parts!

But I agree with you. This whole film seems kind of pointless...

I'm still not sure how exactly the intend to reintroduce the Empire's full force return in any satisfyingly logical way in the film (given the fact that you still have to introduce the peacetime era, 30 year gap, etc etc). And it's starting to look like the same story again, but with new characters and designs...

I guess it's still early to tell, but we'll see...

the "victory" at the end of Return of the Jedi always seemed like a minor setback for the Empire to me

It certainly seems they have a lot of explaining to do after 30 years.

In 30 years, they barely changed the Stormtroopers' uniforms! Lazy Imperial designers!

More than that. Remember clonetroopers? They were "ordered" them right after The Phantom Menace. Almost 66 years.

I'm more excited for Williams' music than the film itself.

This.

Karol

Does anyone know if these panels, or some of them, will be uploaded later?

I was wondering myself. If not, I'm sure they'll be made available somewhere by someone.

In 30 years, they barely changed the Stormtroopers' uniforms! Lazy Imperial designers!

Maybe the Imperial designers got these uniforms at a bulk discount from a used military gear shop on a planet far far away and they didn't have money to tune them afterwards.