JAWS - 2015 Intrada 2CD Release (Complete film tracks & original LP re-recording)

Jay

So, I guess his score to Jaws will be shipped out sometime next week, if not this weekend, since I was one of the first, if not the first, to order it. Am I right on that?

Next week per Intrada.

I thought so. Thank you.

Eight days since ordering and still no shipping notice for me.

I am sure they are super busy at Intrada at the moment. My Jaws 2 took two weeks to ship.

Mine is still in Cali after two days. Says it should be delivered Friday, though. Unless, of course, they messed up my zip code again :angry:

Hey according to tracking my copy of Jaws 2 was in Spain last night before continuing to Finland. What a curious detour.

Jaws was shipped but still in California 2 days ago. No update after that.

I am hoping our postal service strike will end as soon as possible as I have no idea when will our own post deliver it to me here.

Mine is still in Cali after two days. Says it should be delivered Friday, though. Unless, of course, they messed up my zip code again :angry:

Hey according to tracking my copy of Jaws 2 was in Spain last night before continuing to Finland. What a curious detour.

Jaws was shipped but still in California 2 days ago. No update after that.

I am hoping our postal service strike will end as soon as possible as I have no idea when will our own post deliver it to me here.

Damn i should have ordered from intrada!

Eight days since ordering and still no shipping notice for me.

I am sure they are super busy at Intrada at the moment. My Jaws 2 took two weeks to ship.

It finally shipped! Now I have to contend with slow delivery to Canada.

This postal tracking is the worst. Expected delivery is still showing today but I've already received my mail and its last update location is California, a mere 2800 mile discrepancy. I'll hope for tomorrow, otherwise it'll be next week.

This is what I get for not getting over to the JW forum for a while. How the hell did I miss this one. . . ? I knew about Jaws 2, and have been appropriately excited about getting my copy of it. I wonder if, when I glanced over the list of new releases, I misread "JAWS 2-CD" to mean Jaws 2. On CD, I guess. (Please don't ask me to explain how my brain works.)

This is great news as well, though I have to say for once I'm slightly less interested in the new material than in the new sound of the old material. I've always thought this had something of a distant, "dusty" sound to it, not completely inappropriate for an ocean mystery but sadly inferior to so much of JW's usual Golden Age sound. It gave some cues (like "Ben Gardner's Boat," for instance) a sort of melancholic, almost disinterested manner, like the orchestra was too distracted to put a complete effort into their performance. I know that wasn't the case, and I'm thrilled to get to hear what it should've sounded like all along.

This is what I get for not getting over to the JW forum for a while. How the hell did I miss this one. . . ? I knew about Jaws 2, and have been appropriately excited about getting my copy of it. I wonder if, when I glanced over the list of new releases, I misread "JAWS 2-CD" to mean Jaws 2. On CD, I guess. (Please don't ask me to explain how my brain works.)

Someone over at FSM has a similar experience and I doubt it's just you two. :P

By the way, the new release sounds wonderful. Much livelier than the Decca. And the liner notes! They're long, but very detailed and interesting throughout IMO.

Listening to the OST disc now. I disagree that the original release is better, but it's definitely not on the same level as the score presentation, as far as sound quality goes. Really a shame that a more homogenous sound wasn't possible between the two recordings, but I'm not that surprised. I'm sure Mike and the gang did the best they could.

Edit: WHOA TRIPPY PANNING VIOLINS IN "THE INDIANAPOLIS STORY"

Just checked and my package is being delivered today! So excited to hear what Matessino's magic touch has done to the sound of the original score! :)

Plus there is always the great OST to re-experience.

Yay Jaws is here! Listening to the first disc now! It sounds brilliant! :woop:

Did you order it on the monday morning when it was announced on Intrada? I'm still waiting for mine.

Did you order it on the monday morning when it was announced on Intrada? I'm still waiting for mine.

Yes, as soon as it came available.

In comparison I ordered Jaws 2 the day after it was released and the package took 2 weeks to ship and about 3 weeks to arrive although the postal service strike here might have affected the delivery time.

Yes, as soon as it came available.

In comparison I ordered Jaws 2 the day after it was released and the package took 2 weeks to ship and about 3 weeks to arrive although the postal service strike here might have affected the delivery time.

Okay thank you. I'm hoping I get mine soon then.

I wouldn't go quite as far, but since i was mainly interested in the MCA record i say that i can let this score rest now, it finally doesn't sound like it was recorded in an empty yellow barrel. One minor problem i have with both remasters, JAWS and JAWS 2: while both have the expected modern sheen to it and aren't brickwalled or anything i find them tad too...let's say unanalogue. The sound is so technicolor-bright it feels like one of these ultra-brilliant de-grained 4k remasters of old movies. Minor issue, since i JAWS is a definitive presentation but still...

A friend sent me some choice cuts from JAWS 2 and i think no upgrade is necessary.

Film music can be a life and death issue, i know.

All things considered i find releases as this, complete with the high school band performing Sousa marches and Joplin rags, more than a little over the top. I just don't see what many fans get from this stuff, even many of the alternates i found to be throwaways but this is pure academic reasoning since i have ripped the LP program and lo and behold, it's all i need. Others may want 120 minutes and they got it.

The new governing doctrine is that old albums are redundant artifacts that sound too "analogue" and don't have enough music. They are now obsolete and must be replaced by cleaner, more "digital" sounding complete sets to be filed away in people's personal Library of Congress archives.

Ordered on the 17th, fulfilled on the 27th (delayed because of Jaws2 being in the same order).

Package arrived yesterday...in Los Angeles, after 10 days in Oakland... :angry:!!!!

BTTF part3 took 3 days (made the two orders the same day...) with Varese Sarabande to get here to UK, same delivery service (USPS).

Hope I will get it delivered this week.

The new governing doctrine is that old albums are redundant artifacts that sound too "analogue" and don't have enough music. They are now obsolete and must be replaced by cleaner, more "digital" sounding complete sets to be filed away in people's personal Library of Congress archives.

vlcsnap_2015_12_06_17h44m09s177.png

"Am I being replaced?"

"You're being supplemented by a new complete/chronological version."

"If you'd like my advice, you should delete this album. Now that I'm here, why would you need an archaic piece of media like that?"

Jaws 2 Soundtrack? Really?

There's a sucker born every minute!

I'd put my money on JAWS 4: THE REVENGE.

There was some very John Williams inspired music going on there, long after John Williams said "FUCK IT!!!!!!"