The Force Awakens For Your Consideration (FYC) Album

Jay

There's Disney Infinity - they have a whole TFA expansion.

I'm wondering when Marvel is going to start publishing comics in this era.  Might be hard to do with Rey (I'm sure they'll want to save a lot of her story for Episode VIII), but they could easily do something with the Resistance vs. First Order troops (either shortly before or shortly after TFA).

My guess is that is more likely.  Marvel's only announced new comics for 2016 are a C-3PO one-shot (showing the genesis of the red arm) and a limited series about Obi-Wan and Anakin between TPM and AOTC.  I'm sure things will bust open in the new year.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

"You Got A Name?" is the cue for Rey and Solo talking to each other outside The Falcon before going into Maz's cantina right?

I think so.

I want to make an edit but my God there are seemingly a ton of micro-edits in here from what I hear and read here, then the low bitrate too. Big headache to do. Then do it and a higher quality version comes along, or a 2-CD set, lol.

That edit at 0:32 in The Ways of the Force on the FYC is extremely ugly. I'm happy to use the OST version of that cue. The Scherzo can take care of the action music heard at the beginning of that FYC track.

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

I wonder if its possible to fill in the missing music from the OST Sherzo track...

At about 0:30 on the FYC (just before the brass starts Luke's theme), there is a possible edit point where you could possibly splice in the sherzo.

5 minutes ago, pete said:

I wish every week was this exciting.

Haha. It has been a crazy week. I certainly didn't think I'd be discussing editing FYC with the OST within days of the official OST release.

Imagine if it had been the other way around, and the FYC site was live a week before we got the OST?  Like we got used to that, and then were gifted this CD with more cues and 4 concert arrangements?  That'd be crazy.

I'm forgoing the micro editing and just moving around some tracks and leaving others as alternates at the end of my Force Awakens playlist. One edit I did make was I separated Jedi Steps so that lovely melody has its own track and the finale starts with The Force Theme before the credits start.

8 hours ago, crumbs said:

I found the Superman reference a bit surprising. 

I don't think it was an actual reference just a coincidence, unless Williams was trying to say that Poe is the "superhero" of the Resistence, but I highly doubt it.

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

It's just another case of Williams being lazy.

In his defense he probably doesn't even remember what his music for Superman sounds like. And there definitely was no love theme in Supes. ;)

33 minutes ago, Jay said:

"You Got A Name" 0:58-1:08 reminds me of War Horse

Yeah there are a couple moment in Han & Leia and Farewell and The Trip that remind me of that score too.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

This is the simple playlist I've been doing to listen to the score.  It's the best way to get the most amount of music without having to do any in-track editing and without repeating anything.

Jay, you are a machine.

Thanks for all you do on this forum! Happy Holidays! :music:

Not really, because the X-Wing attack happens at the 0:45 mark of The Ways of the Force track

It goes like this:

Rey Gets the Saber (OST Ways of the Force 0:00-0:45)

X-Wing Attack (FYC Ways of the Force 0:00-1:20)

Rey Vs Ren Duel (either OST 0:45-end or FYC 1:20-end)

It's annoying because if the film had kept Williams' intentions for Rey getting the saber instead of tracking in Burning Homestead, then the FYC track would be the entire sequence in one track, likely.

Anyways, I specifically like having hte concert arrangements grouped together at the beginning or the end, and not intermingled with film cues, but of course can do whatever you want with your own playlist :)

I just wanted to replace the TFA recording with some other random version but it wouldn't work well

I made an edit, but what bothers me is if you edit those 160k MP3 you lose further quality

You only lose further quality if you re-encode to MP3.  If you leave as WAV (or convert to FLAC), you don't.