Star Wars Disenchantment

John

oh well the TIE are established to be flimsy and JJ made the choice to have them with a new coat of paint

2 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Of course not, but that was Lucas' choice, and who are we to argue?

the audience, who else is going to argue?

Mattris is all talk. He's NEVER going to give us his predictions or he would have by now. 

He's been wrong about so much, I can't take any more of his predictions seriously. 

1 hour ago, Demodex said:

Mattris is all talk. He's NEVER going to give us his predictions or he would have by now. 

He's been wrong about so much, I can't take any more of his predictions seriously. 

I haven't disclosed my full Star Wars assessments and theories for many reasons, not least the fact that I want to keep my options open.

What have I been wrong about? Regarding Star Wars, I've been 'right' more than anyone on this forum. And with a Rey movie on the way, it seems I'm right again. As Daisy Ridley said years ago, Episode IX was "not the end, just an end."  Rest assured, the upcoming film is Episode X.

What do you predict, @Demodex?

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

Maybe, but I don't complain too much because it allowed Williams to write one of my favorite Star Wars themes ever:

I love the performance of the theme on The Spark in TLJ, one of the most poignant moments in the entire franchise.

If I watch that part, my brain retroactively rewrites the OT to make it as if this was the idea from the beginning. I like their interaction there.

If I watch Star Wars and Empire, I rewrite the future.

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

it allowed Williams to write one of my favorite Star Wars themes ever: 

I love the performance of the theme on The Spark in TLJ, one of the most poignant moments in the entire franchise.

Possibly his very finest melody.

I watched TROS again this weekend. I forgot how little sense this movie makes.  And Palpatine's return is still stupid. 

I hope that Rey's movie isn't the start of another trilogy.  If Palps can't be killed then what's the point?

9 hours ago, Mattris said:

What have I been wrong about?

That the sequel trilogy had anything planned in advance

That Episode 10 is already filmed

That Trevorrow's script was a fake

I've haven't been proven wrong about any of those things, @Demodex. They're just the contrary positions of my informed assessments and theories.

Unlike me, you have presented no evidence or logical reasoning to support your positions or assessments. 'They couldn't be trying to trick people!' doesn't count. Doubt is meaningless.

In 2019, I was right when everyone here dismissed my 'wacky' predictions.

Why do you think you're right about all this? What do you think is going to happen in this Rey movie?

3 hours ago, Mattris said:

In 2019, I was right when everyone here dismissed my 'wacky' predictions.

As I recall, in 2019 you were slamming TLJ, saying that Kathy Kennedy & Rian Johnson were ruining Star Wars and pushing a "SJW agenda".  

6 hours ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

As I recall, in 2019 you were slamming TLJ, saying the Kathy Kennedy & Rian Johnson were ruining Star Wars and pushing a "SJW agenda".  

By March 2019, I was coming around and predicted that Emperor Palpatine would return, having cheated death by transferring his life force into a cloned body... that Rey would be related to Palpatine in some way... and that Ben Solo would turn back to the light, having realized he had been living a lie, with Palpatine being the voice of Darth Vader in his head, not his grandfather.

5 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

"I won't tell you. It would go viral and destroy the internet."

"Yeah, right."

My point was that, if I'm right, I would be responsible for spoiling Star Wars for the fans.

16 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

C'mon, be more courageous. 

Fine advice. It's being reckless and careless that I want to avoid.

5 minutes ago, Mattris said:

By March 2019, I was coming around and predicted that Emperor Palpatine would return

You were right about that. But then a broken clock points the right hour twice a day, too...

@Mattris What good is a prophet, who says, "I know everything, but I won't tell you to not spoil your enjoyment."

You act like the woman in that sketch who has a job interview and had written in her CV that she is able to predict the future. And the interviewer wants to challenge that and asks her to predict something. But to everything he says, she is only permanently responding "I knew that you were going to say that."

59 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

You were right about that. But then a broken clock points the right hour twice a day, too...

I was right, wasn't I? I didn't back down because of naysayers like you. What have you been right about?

Perhaps you are a Star Wars clock that never tells the right time.

55 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

@Mattris What good is a prophet, who says, "I know everything, but I won't tell you to not spoil your enjoyment."

I never claimed to be a prophet. I'm just a Star Wars fan who decided to approach it like a puzzle... a thinking experiment to be solved. Turns out, I was right to do so. I'm very good at puzzles.

If I am proven right about Star Wars, do you think it would be a good idea to spoil it? Assume the whole world would hear about it.

15 minutes ago, Mattris said:

If I am proven right about Star Wars, do you think its a good idea to spoil it? Assume the whole world would hear about it.

I think, you misunderstand how information sharing on the internet works. You say, when you put the result of your analysis out, every fan will be spoiled and be sad about losing the surprise.

But from the perspective of the community you are just one more guy of all of those who put out their theories. It would not impact aything. Why would anybody take your theories more serious than all the others out there?

You didn't answer my question.

But to answer yours...

People would take my theories more seriously than the rest because I would submit a mountain of supporting evidence mostly comprised of canon excerpts that date back to the original film/novelization. All told - and organized/presented accordingly - these consistent and corroborating pieces come together to form a complete picture which makes sense of literally everything in the grander story. All told, they point to an obvious explanation:

Star Wars was planned in advance... and the plan it still active. George Lucas and Lucasfilm have been teasing and deceiving for decades in an effort to keep this audience from 'getting it'. All this, while also providing an abundance of sly, foreshadowing clues that pointed to what was really happening.

No logical person would be able dismiss my theory. Star Wars will either turn out to be what I deduced, or it won't be a story worth remembering or discussing. It will only be something that could have been.

11 minutes ago, Mattris said:

You didn't answer my question.

But to answer yours...

People would take my theories more seriously than the rest because I would submit a mountain of supporting evidence mostly comprised of canon excerpts that date back to the original film/novelization. All told - and organized/presented accordingly - these consistent and corroborating pieces come together to form a complete picture which makes sense of literally everything in the grander story. All told, they point to an obvious explanation:

Star Wars was planned in advance... and the plan it still active. George Lucas and Lucasfilm have been teasing and deceiving for decades in an effort to keep this audience from 'getting it'. All this, while also providing an abundance of sly, foreshadowing clues that pointed to what was really happening.

No logical person would be able dismiss my theory. Star Wars will either turn out to be what I've deduced, or it won't be a story worth of remembering or discussing. It will only be something that could have been.

You are hilariously naive if you think even the most immaculate collated and cohesive document would cause a flood of people to change their minds. All you have to do for a good chunk of fans is disagree with a conclusion they've already reached and it won't matter how you got there, especially if they have an emotional attachment to the outcome. Your evidence will do nothing because most people haven't formed the belief you're trying to challenge based on evidence

11 minutes ago, Mattris said:

Do think I need to 'publish my productions properly, in book form' to be taken seriously?

If your theories are as sensational as you claim, I'd absolutely try to get them published as a book. Star Wars sells, you know. But of course, if you don't want to bother with that, you could just publish them here on the forum.

22 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

You are hilariously naive if you think even the most immaculate collated and cohesive document would cause a flood of people to change their minds. All you have to do for a good chunk of fans is disagree with a conclusion they've already reached and it won't matter how you got there, especially if they have an emotional attachment to the outcome. Your evidence will do nothing because most people haven't formed the belief you're trying to challenge based on evidence

My intention would not be to "cause a flood of people to change their minds". But their minds might be changed once I start to be proven right in significant ways. But ultimately, that will probably up to Lucasfilm... if that's their intention, of course.

One's "emotional attachment" is irrelevant when confronted with facts and official evidence. We're talking about a story being told - not one's personal preference or opinion of, say, a certain food entre.

It's clear to me that "a good chunk of fans" haven't thought Star Wars through... like, at all.  For starters, they have not approached it on its own terms as an allegory.

On the other hand, my conclusion takes everything into consideration and explains everything. What if my presentation was convincing based on the specific evidence presented?

If I was proven to have been spot on - as revealed in the next SW film - do you think people would take me seriously? Perhaps convincing the masses that the rest of my theory is correct would be not be difficult.

22 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

If your theories are as sensational as you claim, I'd absolutely try to get them published as a book. Star Wars sells, you know. But of course, if you don't want to bother with that, you could just publish them here on the forum.

What I have to decide is if I want to risk being infamous.  If I share my theories on any single forum, I expect they would be found... elsewhere.

32 minutes ago, Mattris said:

People would take my theories more seriously than the rest because I would submit a mountain of supporting evidence mostly comprised of canon excerpts that date back to the original film/novelization.

That's the solution!

Just provide your theory without the evidence et voilà: You can prove afterwards you were right, but in advance people will not take it too serious.

Win-win for everyone!

12 minutes ago, Mattris said:

How would we win?  What is the benefit spoiling and being spoiled?

You could get rid of your troll image and people might take you serious. Wouldn't that be something?

But we all know you won't, because you have got nothing at your hands. 

My posts over the last 4 years are evidence that I've figured out Star Wars better than anyone on this forum. This includes noticing numerous clues throughout John Williams' scores.

People not taking me seriously is not my problem. I'm not looking for validation or vindication. I simply enjoy the debate and discussion. (It helped me get to where I am now, so I'm thankful for it.)

Being called a "troll" for talking a lot about Star Wars in Star Wars threads is just silly... and doesn't affect me.

@GerateWohl: If I'm proven right about Star Wars in the future - and my theories spread around the worldwide fandom in the meantime - do you think it would be a good idea to spoil it?

To celebrate this homecoming, I present this hot take:

In the Original Trilogy, Darth Vader was an utter failure, whether for the Imperial cause or his own person endeavors.

My posts on this page alone contain the essence of my theories. To summarize:

- Star Wars was conceived as an allegory, a lesson and challenge for its audience to look past the surface-level spectacle for a deeper meaning.

- The vast majority of the Star Wars audience has fundamentally misunderstood it.

- Clues to it's true purpose can be found in the films and other canon material in droves  as proof that...

- There was a plan for Star Wars from the beginning.

- The Star Wars Saga isn't finished and will continue with the next theatrically-released film.

- Episode X has already been made.

- Things will not go well for Rey Skywalker, as they didn't for her predecessors.

Mattris, maybe people would take you more seriously if you had a shred of humility and sense of humor.  Your personality makes me hope that you're wrong. Whereas someone more likeable could have the same conclusions and be well received here. 

4 hours ago, Demodex said:

Mattris, maybe people would take you more seriously if you had a shred of humility and sense of humor.  Your personality makes me hope that you're wrong. Whereas someone more likeable could have the same conclusions and be well received here. 

I do have humility and a sense of humor. Do you?

3 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

No, his arguments are ridiculous enough to be dismissed on their own, regardless of his personality.

Remember, I predicted that Emperor Palpatine was behind Ben Solo's fall to the dark, the creation of Snoke, with Rey being related to him when everyone here doubted me. To support my "ridiculous" arguments and theories, I provided a swath of logical reasoning, facts, and canon excerpts, including the relevant clues in John Williams' scores.

While most Star Wars enthusiasts bicker about what they like and didn't like about its many volumes, I choose to spend my time researching, thinking, reading... and debating here.

My approach has borne fruit, so I think I'll stick to it.