Dial of Destiny vinyl

TJH132

They pushed the original August date from August to September 13th. Then they changed the date on the website to September 20th. Now that it’s the 20, it has the 27th. They didn’t send out any messages for the September push backs but I’m assuming it’ll be soon. 

IMG_1581.jpeg

IMG_1582.jpeg

On 29/09/2023 at 9:17 PM, JTW said:

Maybe we’re demanding too much from Disney, we should lower our expectations, like getting a DoD T-shirt. 

IMG_9803.jpeg

I would have settled with that if the girl came with it.

2 hours ago, Thor said:

Even without a head.

3 hours ago, Thor said:

image.jpeg

6 hours ago, BB-8 said:

It now says the vinyl is out of stock.

But I have no shipping notification. 

It shows back in stock for now. Oct 11th date now. 
So they’ve pushed it back one week at a time for an entire month. They really should have sent an email about delays by now. 

I'm taking bets as to whether it'll actually ship this side of Christmas or if Disney's licence rights expire before they get this out.

It's quite incredible that any major label could actually be this useless and incompetent!  One has to simply assume they really don't care about the physical media they're selling and/or they've put the Organisation's village idiots in charge of it all.

I'm really feeling quite sorry for anyone who pre-ordered this...

• 2 weeks later...

After a couple days of no tracking information, it has finally starting moving through the USPS system and it shows delivery on Thursday, November 2nd!

I love the large format of LP's and think it's always great to hold the artwork in my hands. I'm looking forward to doing it with this... but.... seeing those pictures it seems just so much more painfully obvious on the LP.... how did no one think "Tell you what, there's a huge empty spot in the top left that would be perfect for the logo." It baffles me. 

On 28/10/2023 at 12:04 AM, King Mark said:

I'm sure c.d.'s  will make a comeback someday

I can see why vinyl is big again, large cover art and that crackly sound, and all that. But CDs? They're tiny, delicate things and sound exactly the same as a download; the only real added value being liner notes.

On 30/10/2023 at 1:05 PM, Richard Penna said:

I can see why vinyl is big again, large cover art and that crackly sound, and all that.

Don't forget the 44-minute playtime for vinyl, as opposed to the 80 minutes of a CD with crystal clear sound. No wonder vinyl is big again. 

So with the vinyl currently still "in stock" and single CDs being shipped (see other thread), there is hope that the remaining vinyl and CD bundles will soon move from "in Progress" to "Shipped".

Hope GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• 3 weeks later...

I got the impression that this vinyl is of lower quality: finger prints (not mine), static charge, rough edges that cut through sides of the paper sleeves, major scratch in "To Marocco", overall wobbly sound.

Any similar experiences?

Yep. There is a slight “wubwub” effect on mine over the opening of “To Athens”, for example. I considered trying to return and exchange it, but figured I’d never get it back considering how the whole thing has been handled. I feel defeated. 

1 hour ago, BB-8 said:

I got the impression that this vinyl is of lower quality: finger prints (not mine), static charge, rough edges that cut through sides of the paper sleeves, major scratch in "To Marocco", overall wobbly sound.

Any similar experiences?

The only Disney JW LP I bought was TLJ, and it seemed poorly manufactured, including some audio glitches that shouldn't be present on brand new vinyl. So I never bought any others.