Rodgers & Hammerstein's THE SOUND OF MUSIC (1965) - 2023 Deluxe Edition remixed and remastered by Mike Matessino

Jay

I have no idea about the history and differences of the releases, but I tried the OST a week or two ago. I was disappointed that the voices sounded disjointed, and especially that Andrews' vocals seemed to be misaligned, just slightly late on the beats in tracks like Do Re Mi. Well not only is that fixed here, the stereo placement of the voices in that song is just... well it almost made me squeak with delight!

Bugger. Email from HMV saying a delay from the manufacturer means they won't be able to ship my Super Deluxe in time for release date. 

Oh well, at least it's going to streaming services at the same time :)

For those who purchased the Super Deluxe Edition, please make sure to check Disc 4 (Alternates/Playbacks/Instrumentals) as there is the possibility that it is simply a copy of the contents of Disc 2 (although labeled properly.)

On 26/11/2023 at 1:22 PM, Jay said:

Mike has received the physical Super Deluxe and posted pics and a video

image.jpeg

I hope he checked his copy!

His copy also had the error!

I ended up picking up the deluxe instead of the 2-disc, mainly because I can swing it and want to support this kind of release, but I haven’t received it yet.  I was going to hold it for Christmas anyway, but now I’ll probably open it and check it when it comes in.

I’d recommend following the FSM thread for updates (and to report your copy including disc details) if you got the bum disc 4.  MM is engaging pretty directly about it over there.

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=152245&forumID=1&archive=0

As was noted in the FSM thread, Craft Recordings are now delaying further orders of the super deluxe edition in order to rectify the issue so looks like it won't get here until February 2024.

Due to the madness that comes with wanting to get your partner that perfect Christmas/Hanukkah present (as if the Cher Christmas album wasn't enough...), I've ordered the regular version from Amazon as a placeholder. Sure he'll be happy enough!

4 hours ago, Tom Guernsey said:

to the madness that comes with wanting to get your partner that perfect Christmas/Hanukkah present (as if the Cher Christmas album wasn't enough...), I've ordered the regular version from Amazon as a placeholder. Sure he'll be happy enough!

Don't make him too happy, then you've set the bar too high for next Christmas. 

If anybody receives a copy of the Super Deluxe edition where Disc 4 accidentally contains the contents of Disc 2, there is an email address that Craft set up now that you can use to request a corrected disc:

Craft Recordings has set up an email account for requesting corrected discs. Send a message there and that will get the process started. Please pass it along if you know anyone else who's purchased the set from the U.S.

Mike M.

THE SOUND OF MUSIC SUPER DELUXE EDITION Disc Replacement Email contact:

thesoundofmusicsupport@craftrecordings.com

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=3&threadID=152245

Started listening. Let my admiration for Mike Matessino's restoration capabilities be a testament to my willingness to endure these songs a second time. Hoping to get to the instrumentals soon. My God, the sound is amazing.

19 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

That's because you like them.

Not always. Sometimes you may listen to an awful pop song that you won't be able to get out of your head for weeks, like "Barbie Girl", "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Japsen, "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley, "Africa" by Toto, etc. I had a cousin once who HATED with a passion Ed Sheeran's "Shape Of You" because he couldn't get it out of his head.

39 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Not always. Sometimes you may listen to an awful pop song that you won't be able to get out of your head for weeks, like "Barbie Girl", "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Japsen, "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley, "Africa" by Toto, etc. I had a cousin once who HATED with a passion Ed Sheeran's "Shape Of You" because he couldn't get it out of his head.

Africa and Never Gonna Give You Up are very nice songs and nowhere near as sickening as Dow, Ray, Mee...

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Funnily enough, I've never even seen the film!

In "Addams Family Values" movie, Wednesday and Pugsley Addams are sent to Camp Chippewa, a cheerful and excessively wholesome summer camp, which starkly contrasts with their dark and unconventional nature. Due to their unconventional behavior, the "different" kids are relegated to a cabin to watch Disney movies and "The Sound of Music," aiming to promote positivity and conformity among the campers.

My advice: never watch that movie, unless someone forces you.

Wednesday's reaction after this "reeducation" session speaks for itself! :lol:

image.gif

So does anybody have any favorite moments of previously unreleased music they can now enjoy?