Jurassic Park 7, written by David Koepp

Jay

16 minutes ago, A. A. Ron said:

I certainly don’t know of any reason Powell wouldn’t do a Jurassic, unless it was heavy on human vs human violence, I guess.

I think the question is, is this going to be the type of Jurassic Park film that people are envisioning. Remember James Cameron's vision of Jurassic Park before Spielberg took over? It would have been closer to a horror film. A lot of people want Powell because they are drooling over the prospect of a grand sweeping orchestral score, but for all we know, this is some wilderness survival film with dinosaurs closer to The Revenant and the music will be minimalistic.

48 minutes ago, Mephariel said:

I think the question is, is this going to be the type of Jurassic Park film that people are envisioning. Remember James Cameron's vision of Jurassic Park before Spielberg took over? It would have been closer to a horror film. A lot of people want Powell because they are drooling over the prospect of a grand sweeping orchestral score,

Not @Kasey Kockroach

1 hour ago, Mephariel said:

A lot of people want Powell because they are drooling over the prospect of a grand sweeping orchestral score, but for all we know, this is some wilderness survival film with dinosaurs closer to The Revenant and the music will be minimalistic.

Powell is often still very interesting when doing minimalist stuff - in fact I think he's got a talent in that area that most composers don't. Give him the middle hour or so of KotCS and guaranteed he'd have come up with something more interesting than the middling underscore Williams did.

In fact that only scenario where Powell would be unlikely to produce something interesting is if he went the modern Bourne route.

Has Powell ever done "monster music"? Aside from maybe a few cues in stuff like Evolution? 

I don't immediately associate his style with the typical music for huge angry dinosaurs, but it could be interesting.

That said, we're discussing a VERY unlikely possibility. I doubt Powell will be the first (or the second, or the third...) guy that Edwards will approach.

He seems to be a guy that's like "my movies aren't your typical summer blockbuster, they are more serious and thus more superior to them!" and Powell may look to him as just a composer for funny animal cartoons for little kids.

58 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Who would hate this??

Anyone who never accepted Williams not continuing, maybe, or harbours a faint hope that he'll return this time. I'd be completely on board with Davis returning.

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

Anyone who never accepted Williams not continuing, maybe, or harbours a faint hope that he'll return this time. I'd be completely on board with Davis returning.

JP 7 would be the perfect project to ressurrect Davis's Hollywood career and give him his first blockbuster in over two decades. But I doubt that, people on Hollywood unfortunately seem to have forgot about him.

3 hours ago, DeltaPupJux said:

Don't hate, but I could be on board for bring Don Davis (from III) back to score.

Chance of this happening is slim to none. Is Don Davis still working in hollywood?

Was there ever any comment from Davis or Lana Wachowski about why he didn't do Matrix Resurrections? If he didn't do that I don't know why he'd do this. 

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

Hasn’t that been because Davis’s priorities have been elsewhere?

He did step away from Hollywood in the mid 2000s to work on his opera, which I think was a huge mistake. He was in the height of his career, coming from hugely popular movies like The Matrix trilogy and JP 3. When he finally came back, Hollywood had moved on, away from him and towards Giacchino and the RC composers. 

1 hour ago, mrbellamy said:

Was there ever any comment from Davis or Lana Wachowski about why he didn't do Matrix Resurrections? 

There's no need for commenting "No I saw that stinker coming from a mile away"

Alanis Morissette has joined the chat.

22 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Alanis Morissette 90S GIF

Beat me to it, you bastard. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2024 at 5:20 PM, Richard Penna said:

I wouldn't object to watching 65 based on the score which I rather liked.

Freudian slip, or have you decided one of the recent movies was so bad it doesn't exist? :P

I haven't seen Jurassic Park 6 (or whatever it's called).

On 15/03/2024 at 3:43 PM, Naïve Old Fart said:

I haven't seen Jurassic Park 6 (or whatever it's called).

No one has. Not even the people who saw it. 

I say give Williams a call. He wanted to do Indy 12 or whatever, and said "I'm not fu**ing leavin!" So screw it, make the call. Beg. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/03/2024 at 8:48 AM, Jay said:

Looks like this rumor was grounded in reality.  Both Hollywood Reporter and Deadline are saying she's in talks

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/scarlett-johansson-new-jurassic-world-movie-1235856099/

https://deadline.com/2024/03/scarlett-johansson-jurassic-world-1235867404/

• 4 weeks later...