Will you be listening to JW your whole life?

Josh500

51 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, probably. I can't imagine not to.
    • No, probably not. It's just a phase.
    • Probably not when I'm eighty, but for the next twenty years, certainly.
    • Ask me something easier.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, definitely. As long as I live that long. Even if a superior composer comes along, Williams' music will always nourish my soul.

Duh.

Jeff -- who will be listening to "Funeral Pyre for a Jedi" on his deathbed

Are you going to make awful things so you need redemption?

Nah. I just want to go out with the best funeral music written, other than Mozart's Requiem, which is pretty long and I don't think I can hold on that long.

:)

I will listen at least till I die, if not later than that.

This isn't a phase for me like Pokemon or some computer game. My entire life, though? Doubtful. Who knows what may happen.

• 4 years later...

No, this poll is completely different. After all, you could listen to JW your whole life and then tire of it just as you died. So it's important that we have both polls.

Yes, but there is no option that lets us come back after we die and vote that we actually had tired of JW's music as we expired. Neither is there an option for the first day of the twenty-first year after voting for when we might tire of his music, as well. I have a feeling both of those choices are mutally inclusive for me.

I have been listening to the music of JW (and, for that matter, Jerry Goldsmith) for well over 35 years, and I see no reason to stop this very enjoyable practice. For the record, I have been listening to The Beatles for 42 years, Queen for 35 years, and Rush, Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, X.T.C., Earth, Wind, and Fire, and Pink Floyd for well over 30 years. My point is this: why on Earth should I stop? I LIKE listening to these artists, and my life is enriched because of it. The city where I live hosts a yearly Hi Fi show, and people of all ages go down there to listen to all sorts of music, played on all sorts of systems. The two types of music chosen to listen to most by the punters, however, are classical, and jazz. The people who listen to either classical and/or jazz, have probably been listening to these types of music for 30 years longer than I have been alive, and most have their favourite artists (Miles Davies is EXTREMELY popular). These people have not grown out of, or forsaken their chosen music because of fads, changing trends, or personal circumstances. Why would they? If people "go off" JW, then so be it. I regard it as their loss. If they return to his music later in their lives, then that is a cause for celebration. Music is like any other long-term activity; it needs to be nurtured, and grown in as an "organic way" as possible. Exposure to good music will always have its pay-offs, and I have certainly had my fair share of those, as I have travelled along Life's highway, with JW's music at my side. I hope to be listening be listening to JW's music until the day I die (and, perhaps, ON the day I die). JW's music is a part of my DNA, and I'm not sure that I could give it up, even if I wanted to!

Some new polls I thought of while I was showering this morning.

This post alone could inspire an entire new thread of wonder from this motley bunch.

Well you pretty much did a couple weeks ago with an almost identical poll. To find out who dug this up just go to the two posts that have the biggest gap and you'll find out that trentman did. It's usually Alan that resurrects old threads though.

Has Josh really been doing all these polls since 2005 years now? Wow!

It's what the 500 in his name stands for.

Well this poll is flawed because there is no way I could have listened to John Williams my whole life since I didn't begin until I was 8 or 9.

But.....maybe I'll die in a car crash tommorow morning? :thumbup:

Note to self - Put on a JW Cd before it's.........TOO LATE :o:D

Or you could be listening to Jerry Goldsmith when you check out.

You could, but why would you want to..?

Becuase he was a better composer.....

Oh my did I didn't just say that did I???????

It's possible. I am sure I will still always listen to the Star Wars scores every now and then for the rest of my life. There should be an option for just "Possibly".