Last Time I Cried At A Movie.....

Greg1138

I know there's another thread about this somewhere, but I couldn't find it and just wanted to show off to the world that I cried like a baby at "It's a Wonderful Life" last night.....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost cried when Bruce Willis has the flashbacks of his daughter Grace just before he saves Earth from the asteroid in Armageddon.

And where Jack dies in Titanic.

Such a wooss.

The Human Stain (the ultimate plot-twist with taste)

Now THAT'S a good film  :|

It is a good film, but I wouldn't say it's the ultimate plot-twist...

I cried when I finally got to see the opening credits to Superman - The Movie on the big screen, with that gorgeous John Williams score blasting.

Neil

It is a good film, but I wouldn't say it's the ultimate plot-twist...

Well not the ultimate plot-twist perse, but the ultimate plot-twist with taste AKA in a more serious production. Very different from the plot-twists were so familiar with (Se7en, Saw, etc.)

I guess it's how you define crying. Do you count just tearing up, or your eyes watering as crying? Or are we going on the tears actually falling down your face?

I suppose its a matter of just being emotional rather then crying. If that's the case, then I take back what I said about 'Crash', becuase I've never had tears streaming down my face when I watched a movie in the theater.

But I did watch an HBO documentary on the terrorist take over of the school in Beslan that resulted in the deaths of over 120 kids and parents. The documentary was told scrictly through the interviews and words of the children that survived. That had me balling...

Tim

Its ok Greg to cry at Its a Wonderful Life, its probably one of the two or three best listed here.

I think it was Terms of Endearment recently for me, it always gets me when she says, my baby.

RotS,in the Jedi purge sequence  with Williams Lament cue.

k.M.

Agreed. When I first saw this sequence I couldn't help but choke up and get teary eyed.

The ending for Armageddon is also a movie that chokes me up every time I see it.

Its ok Greg to cry at Its a Wonderful Life, its probably one of the two or three best listed here.

I think it was Terms of Endearment recently for me, it always gets me when she says, my baby.

Haven't seen Terms of Endearment.....

.....but I bought It's a onderful Life for my better half the other day as an anniversary present and we stayed up glued to the TV watching it.....I hadn't seen it for ages.....forgot what an incredible film it was!!

Yep - cried like a baby.....

^_^

And it's not the killing of the characters themselves...it's that feeling of the end of an era.

The end of wooden characters standing around uttering "Shakespeare-type" English in a lifeless, droning way?

I was rooting for Hitl...eeehhh Anakin all the way!

Titanic... two nights ago now... wait...no

Just kidding! lol

Return of the King... yesturday

But In theatres, was Return of the Sith... about 5 times in that whole movie... oh god...here they come again...

Characters who were not very well established killing characters who were not established at all?

Do you mean like the women and children in the Helm's Deep Battle?

Those scenes have sentiments and you dont even know their names.

Shawshank Redemption about a month ago. The end combined with the music is pure magic and the feeling of freedom is so very tangible. I cried for the sheer emotion of the story.

Yes but the 3 heroes were well developed, and the scenes were better directed.

We didn't actually SEE Anakin kill any kiddies, did we?

In the DVD audio commentary, Lucas said he didn't want to show Anakin actually slaughtering the Younglings. He only wanted to give it a hint that he was going to. So no we didn't however it's definitely a mirror image of when the doors close to Leia's cell when Vader brings in the interrogation droid in ANH.

Yes but the 3 heroes were well developed, and the scenes were better directed.

We didn't actually SEE Anakin kill any kiddies, did we?

I didnt see any kiddies killed in the LOTR movies.

And since when killing kidies makes a movie better in stablishing characters?