Which Is Your Least Favourite?  

64 members have voted

1. 1.

• Artificial Intelligence: A.I.
    • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone
    • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    • Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
    • Memoirs of a Geisha

In round one The Patriot was voted off, round two War of the Worlds, round three Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, round four Minority Report, round five Attack of the Clones, round six Catch Me If You Can, round seven The Terminal, round eight Munich, so place your votes for the next to go!

Artificial Intelligence: A.I.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

Memoirs of a Geisha

Again, REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE!

It's the votes in the POLL that count, not any comments. By all means - post comments, but your vote will only be counted if you vote on the actual poll.

The poll is open for 24 hours. My vote goes to A.I. again.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think A.I. is also better than Geisha.so out goes Geisha.

K.M.Who didn't like the Geisha album initially but likes it a lot better after seeing the film

Holy Toledo!

?! Toledo?

Believe it or not, that's a common expression in America. I don't know how it came about, but it's meant to express wonderment and disbelief.

Tim

Toledo city has not been a holy thing at least in spain. (i mean it is not like rome, the vatican or even Santigao de Compostela...)

Maybe the Mexican(? or US?) one?

EDIT: I think i found it regarding this Net information is right. One person had asked it:

: Does anyone know where the phrase "Holy Toledo" came from?

: Don't know if it's relevant but Toledo steel was used in medieval swords - renowned for it's quality - which may have been used in wars against the Infidels. (this one may not have any relation)

"holy Toledo! - This exclamation of surprise refers to Toledo, Spain, which became one of the great centers of Christian culture after its liberation from the Moors in 1085. Its thirteenth-century Gothic cathedral, one of the largest in Europe, is the seat of the Cardinal Archbishop of Spain." "Morris Dictionary of Word and Phrase Origins" by William and Mary Morris (HarperCollins, New York, 1977, 1988).

Its so strange we dont use it, at least in my region...

This is amazing. How is AI getting less and less votes each round? It's like you people are trying to spite me. :thumbup:

Anyways, I switched my vote to Azkaban. That score isn't good enough to have no one voting for it. We're getting down to the really good scores, with the exception of AI. Well, and Memoirs was kinda bland.

Luke, it's very common in American English (well, I feel like I could just scratch the "English" part) to use the word "Holy" before pretty much any noun, to use as an interjection. As in: "Holy cow", which I guess you've heard somewhere, or the less respectful "Holy shit". The "Holy Toledo", one can guess, is more popular because of the similar sound in "holy" and "tole" from "Toledo". Sort of like "Holy guacamole".

It doesn't express much about the holyness of the noun in question, though.

Sorcerer's Stone

Just wondering here . . . are the rest of you making your votes based on the Official CD that was released of the above films, or are you judging by the entire score used in the film, how it was used, etc?

For me, it's a bit of both. I'm primarily going of the CD though.

I vote based on the scores as presented in the film. That's what the music was written for, and how it should be considered.

Which is why I'm voting for "Sith" to go until my dying breath.

Can't believe Munich went....amazing how people's tastes differ and many of you have surprised me......but Geisha's gotta go next!

Gaaaaaahh....

Sorcerer's vs. Azkaban is going to...KILL ME.

*Hopes for an unbreakable tie*

They're both....two sides to a fantastic coin. One is a lighter side, and one a darker side.

What's with all the hatred for ROTS? Even with the tracks ripped from TPM and AOTC, it tops the list for me. Oh wait, lemme guess, I'm biased 'cause I'm a SW fan? Well, you're all biased 'cause your John Williams fans. How do you like them apples?

(On a sidenote, I bare no ill will towards anyone on here. It's hard enough to find folks in real life that like John Williams, let alone orchestral so I do value all the members of the jwfan.net board. However, I do feel the need to vent from time to time so pay me no bother. *waves hand* These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.)

Sorcerer's Stone. To me, it was an above-average wall-to-wall score from Williams, but it was a little bland. PoA's better. CoS is better. Both of those make me excited when I think about them. PoA on the whole does that, while "Flying Cars" and probably a couple other cues only do that from CoS. But I would seriously think about leaving this forum if AI were voted off. It's a fantastic piece of art and it's bullshit that you kids (yes, even the grownup ones) aren't mature enough to see that.

The Terminal was voted off. I think people should leave the forums. :roll:

Although TSS is pretty bland to me, comparing it to POA and ROTS. How many times can I listen to Hedwig's theme or the Flying theme?

What's with all the hatred for ROTS?  Even with the tracks ripped from TPM and AOTC, it tops the list for me.  Oh wait, lemme guess, I'm biased 'cause I'm a SW fan?  Well, you're all biased 'cause your John Williams fans.  How do you like them apples?

Who said they hated it? It's in the top four, isn't it? (though I don't think it should be). But I still don't see what's so fantastic about it; there were heaps of missed opportunities in it (largely thanks to the missed opportunities in the film) and the end credits suite is disappointing. Still, it's better than AotC (but not as good as TPM).

Then again, I hated the film.

What's with all the hatred for ROTS?  Even with the tracks ripped from TPM and AOTC, it tops the list for me.  Oh wait, lemme guess, I'm biased 'cause I'm a SW fan?  Well, you're all biased 'cause your John Williams fans.  How do you like them apples?

Who said they hated it? It's in the top four, isn't it? (though I don't think it should be). But I still don't see what's so fantastic about it; there were heaps of missed opportunities in it (largely thanks to the missed opportunities in the film) and the end credits suite is disappointing. Still, it's better than AotC (but not as good as TPM).

I love the film (I'm a SW fanboy) but I did listen to the score a long while before I saw the film, so I don't usually think about the movie when listening to it. There are great action cues, epic themes and I rather dug the end credits. Point being, I wonder if our viewpoint on the film has an effect (either concious or unconcious) on our choices. For example, I don't like the Harry Potter films. I just recently picked up the scores and have yet to really get into them (although I'm really diggin' PoA at the moment).

I love the film (I'm a SW fanboy) but I did listen to the score a long while before I saw the film, so I don't usually think about the movie when listening to it. There are great action cues, epic themes and I rather dug the end credits. Point being, I wonder if our viewpoint on the film has an effect (either concious or unconcious) on our choices. For example, I don't like the Harry Potter films. I just recently picked up the scores and have yet to really get into them (although I'm really diggin' PoA at the moment).

The film made me like the score more.

The Terminal was voted off. I think people should leave the forums. :roll:  

Although TSS is pretty bland to me, comparing it to POA and ROTS. How many times can I listen to Hedwig's theme or the Flying theme?

erm... about 3.897.786.876 and counting?

I'm sorry to deliberate like this but

POA: watery orchestrations, far too simple themes for Williams and very repetitive and borderline boring action cues

ROTS: Again action cues that leave you nothing to remember on the end of the listening experience, uninteresting orchestrations and even the main theme of Battle of the Heroes is unlistenable to me due to the bland orchestration and the weak recording.

Only two cues saved the soundtrack for me : Anakin's Betrayal and Immolation

Even the end titles were slow and lucked steam.

As for TSS I suggest you take another listen 'cause there are tones of inspiring, rousing themes.

Again for me this was the score that brought back the classic Williams style in terms of both Composition and Orchestration.

I enjoy both PoA and RotS immensely. RotS as a whole in the film does indeed have plenty of missed opportunities. I was so disappointed when Escape from Naboo appeared again, and the tracking of The Arena over the assault on the Jedi temple is unforgivable. But I like the music Williams did write for the film a lot (between the two, PoA is better, though).

- Marc, who so far has not voted once.