The 2nd OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

I think TOD or Last Crusade could also be ripped apart by making a similar "top 50 reason it sucks list " if someone really wanted to write one.

K.M.

Yeah, I agree. In fact, I think you could do that even with Raiders, or any other film for that matter. This person obviously didn't like KotCS, but it would be just as easy if he didn't like any of the IJ Films.

You couldn't do that with ANY movie, but certainly with any Indy movie.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because a movie has flaws doesn't mean I'm not still going to enjoy it. Anything can be nitpicked to death if that's what you want to do.

I'm not "blindly accepting," and I'm definitely discriminating, and I loved the movie. Yes, it has tons of problems . . . so what? You want to explain to me how Indy survived that submarine ride to the island at the end of Raiders, or how he survived falling out of an airplane in a raft in Temple of Doom, or how Short Round knew fire would bring him back from the dark side? I could go on, but why would I?

This, to me, is a case of the good vastly outweighing the bad. Yes, some of it is silly; yes, the story/screenplay doesn't have the focus that it ought to have; these problems do not negate the rest of the movie, and the insults from some of you folks on the negative side are starting to become tiresome. Nobody's opinion is a consensus, and nobody's opinion is a good excuse to start calling people blind.

Mythbuster was unable to prove or disprove that the raft wouldn't succeed, mainly it depended on if the people stayed in the raft. As for Short Round there is a sequence removed from the film that provided the answer, it doesn't help what made it on screen but there was a logical answer?

In the original screenplay didn't one of the kids tell Short Round fire was the only way to wake someone from the sleep?

yea! A Fate Of Atlantis movie would have been way better than making a Indiana Jones movie about fracking aliens...

Now I want to play that game again, great game

I want to play that game, period. That and Day of the Tentacle are the only classic LA adventure games I haven't been able to get a hold of.

Oh man Day Of The Tentacle rocks!!

the Monkey Islands are still my favorites, though

Never got around to playing Grim Fandango...

Day of the Tentacle, Fate of Atlantis, the Monkey Island Series and Grim Fandango are the ultimate achievements by LucasArts. Great scores too.

Did anyone else notice the reference to Back to the Future pt III in the Doom Town sequence when Howdy Doody was playing on the TV?

Did anyone else notice the reference to Back to the Future pt III in the Doom Town sequence when Howdy Doody was playing on the TV?

how was that a reference to back to the future, it was a reference to Howdy doody and the popularity of that show

I'm not "blindly accepting," and I'm definitely discriminating, and I loved the movie. Yes, it has tons of problems . . . so what? You want to explain to me how Indy survived that submarine ride to the island at the end of Raiders, or how he survived falling out of an airplane in a raft in Temple of Doom, or how Short Round knew fire would bring him back from the dark side? I could go on, but why would I?

This, to me, is a case of the good vastly outweighing the bad. Yes, some of it is silly; yes, the story/screenplay doesn't have the focus that it ought to have; these problems do not negate the rest of the movie, and the insults from some of you folks on the negative side are starting to become tiresome. Nobody's opinion is a consensus, and nobody's opinion is a good excuse to start calling people blind.

Mythbuster was unable to prove or disprove that the raft wouldn't succeed, mainly it depended on if the people stayed in the raft. As for Short Round there is a sequence removed from the film that provided the answer, it doesn't help what made it on screen but there was a logical answer?

I don't have a problem with that. After all, fire would probably wake up anybody.

Karol

how was that a reference to back to the future, it was a reference to Howdy doody and the popularity of that show

i heard the doomtown sequence was on an early draft of BTTF?

yea! A Fate Of Atlantis movie would have been way better than making a Indiana Jones movie about fracking aliens...

Now I want to play that game again, great game

stop the game when you enter atlantis.

if not fracking aliens you will see...

Howdy Doody was also playing on the TV at the beginning of BTTF III. When I saw the doomtown scene I just remembered Howdy Doody also being used in BTTF, that's all I was pointing out.

Day of the Tentacle, Fate of Atlantis, the Monkey Island Series and Grim Fandango are the ultimate achievements by LucasArts. Great scores too.

Don't forget The Dig. And Full Throttle. :lol:

And I know this is going way off topic but I have to say again that any classic LA fan that hasn't played the new Sam & Max has to, it's superb.

And Sam and Max Hit The Road, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Maniac Mansion, Zak McCracken and the Alien Mindbenders, Loom...

I actually prefer the name Lucasfilm Games... ahh nostalgia... these are the only games I love to play The Dig of course as you can read in my signature! :lol:

I actually prefer the name Lucasfilm Games... ahh nostalgia... these are the only games I love to play The Dig of course as you can read in my signature! :lol:

Wait, you're female, into film music, AND Adventure games??

I'm in love

I actually prefer the name Lucasfilm Games... ahh nostalgia... these are the only games I love to play The Dig of course as you can read in my signature! ;)

I'm in love

And she evidently looks like Natalie Portman! :lol:

Howdy Doody was also playing on the TV at the beginning of BTTF III. When I saw the doomtown scene I just remembered Howdy Doody also being used in BTTF, that's all I was pointing out.

oh ok, I thought you meant that David K. SS, and George Lucas were all sitting around going, lets put in a movie reference here from Back to the Future, and here will put in a reference to Debbie Does Dallas, and over here we'll put in a reference to Day the Earth Stood Still (ok so they did on this one).

I actually prefer the name Lucasfilm Games... ahh nostalgia... these are the only games I love to play The Dig of course as you can read in my signature! ;)

I'm in love

:lol:;) well...If you a really in love.. tell me the Secret of Monkey Island NOOWW!!!! :lol:

Well, rumor has it that the relationship of Austrians and their northern neighbours aren't free from harassment :lol:

Btw, you're from "Corinthia"? Is that somewhere near a town I might know? Because I'm going to Austria on vacation regulary.

I'm in love

:lol:;) well...If you a really in love.. tell me the Secret of Monkey Island NOOWW!!!! :lol:

Hopefully someday Ron Gilbert will get to make the REAL third MI game and we'll know ;)

The ending of MI2 is one of the best endings to a video game ever...

Hopefully someday Ron Gilbert will get to make the REAL third MI game and we'll know :lol:

yes I agree.. and I thought the explanation of that ending in the MI 3 prologue was rather lame... but that was a great game too oh yes!

Bloodnose the Pirate! :lol:

looking forward to Deathspank.. finally gilbert will produce a game again... hmm but well I guess this topic is an Indy IV topic.. ;)

Hopefully someday Ron Gilbert will get to make the REAL third MI game and we'll know :lol:

yes I agree.. and I thought the explanation of that ending in the MI 3 prologue was rather lame... but that was a great game too oh yes!

Bloodnose the Pirate! :lol:

looking forward to Deathspank.. finally gilbert will produce a game again... hmm but well I guess this topic is an Indy IV topic.. ;)

Yea I still enjoy MI3 despite the non-Gilbert involvement.... Murray was great!

Deathspank? I have not heard of this...

*heads off to wikipedia*

I'm in love

My girlfriend is also female (duh...), into film music, and adventure games...

... and Austrian. Have we discovered a pattern? :lol:

You know, it's RELLY wierd reading these names in English. Steiermark sounds about right :lol:

I've just recently been to a small town near Krems, next to the monastery of Melk, right next to the Danube. I can't tell you how utterly beautiful it is there ...

I'm in love

You might be more interested in a Sex and the City type of girl.

:lol:

Did you HAVE to destroy Jason's dream of Miss Padmé being available?

This is a good way to also scare away female members.

I believe I read something about adding plants to the jungle chase for safety reasons. And they sure wouldn't want to get sued by Shia for whacking him repeatedly in the balls

Well there's a good chance someone getting whacked in the family jewels 10 times in a row might die from the trauma.

Okay, I've seen the movie 3 times now, and I still haven't been able to figure this out: When Indy opens the switchblade in the truck, we hear fabric tearing (the truck canopy?), and Mutt says, "Oh, sh**." Did I miss something? Why did he say that? Was there a problem?

Okay, I've seen the movie 3 times now, and I still haven't been able to figure this out: When Indy opens the switchblade in the truck, we hear fabric tearing (the truck canopy?), and Mutt says, "Oh, sh**." Did I miss something? Why did he say that? Was there a problem?

It seemed like a throwaway joke that was never expounded upon or explained. Otherwise known as sloppy film making (sorry Steve).

I must admit that my first thought was that Indy cut his own pants...

Yeah, I seem to remember thinking that his pants ripped for some reason. Odd joke, in any case.

I also thought that.

And the next shot of him cutting Mutt wraps could have been perfect to show his ripped pants, and get a few laughs.

But then it didnt happen, and well indy would have ripped pants for the rest of the movie...