The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

On 4/5/2017 at 6:51 AM, DarthDementous said:

wow comparing them like that really brings out how much more fun I have with the soundtrack of the OT and how much more energetic it sounds.

The Falcon > Battle in the Snow

59 minutes ago, Jay said:

I had 20 years of loving Battle of Hoth before The Falcon existed.  I would imagine most people who think TFA is better than the OT are people who didn't grow up loving the OT and their music when they were kids

I've had 15 years of being indifferent about it.

Wow.  It was one of the sections of score from the entire OT that affected me the most when I first got into film scores.  

To each their own.

The opening of The Asteroid field, those flutes followed by a killer statement of The Imperial March on brass is mixed with it's film footage is possibly my favorite and most dynamic mix of music and picture.

Actually, I do like the rathtars sequence (or at least the escape cue) better than "The Asteroid Field"...

(prepares to be brutally murdered by JWFan purists)

7 hours ago, Will said:

Actually, I do like the rathtars sequence (or at least the escape cue) better than "The Asteroid Field"...

This isn't the answer we are looking for. Move along.

VsncgdF.gif

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

NeoNeoJWfan atlast!

Will's insane opinions regarding "The Asteroid Field" are not reflective of the values of AltJWFan (aka NeoNeoJWFan) and we condemn them in the strongest possible tones.

I thought NeoJWFan, AltJWFan and JWFan Pro were the same.

NeoNeoJWFan refers to Will's breed I believe.

I resent that Djawadi was included among the idols of NeoJWFan, especially by a bigger Djawadi fan than any of us!

1 minute ago, KK said:

I resent that Djawadi was included among the idols of NeoJWFan, especially by a bigger Djawadi fan than any of us!

Is anybody here a fan of Djawadi anyway? 

As a NeoNeoJWFAN, I resent the fact this place even is called JWFAN. Should be called "MGFAN". 2004 will commence again, our one TRUE lord, Giacchino will rise again. The NEW John Williams!

7 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

And that's why you'll never be part of it! Only people who know who the One True Robin Hood Composer is are allowed to enter!

Of course! 

korngold-stamp-a.jpg

I love Rozsa,  but also love The Kraken, Indy 4, 50/50 on Giacchino,  not a big fan of Elfman or Arnold, where do I fi in?t

31 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Never said that to be part of one group means that you cannot like some of the stuff liked by another group. Sure, you can like a select few works that defines another group, but what truly matters is where your heart truly lies, what your preference is, deep down. You like some of Giacchino and Zimmer's music? Fine. But if your house was burning down and you could only save your CD collection of one composer, would you chose one of them, or would you go for someone like Williams or Rosza? That's what defines who you truly are, Fal!

John Wi...Jerry Go...Jo...no wait Jer....ummm.

Jerry Williams!