Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

It would make more sense as the daughter of lando or descendant of Mace windu, really.

But anyway, a granddaughter or grandniece of obi wan could be black... Kelly from the Lost world was more unbelievable...

Picard bulked up?

The most recent few series of Dr. Who has had episodes that looked very good visual and SFX wise, but I guess they never have the budget to sustain that level of quality throughout a series.

Also, the way British TV shows are lit and shot just seems different, even if they do have a budget.

The episodes I've seen of Who simply don't look that striking -- apart from the 3D Day of the Doctors special, which is ruined by terrible editing and Dalek shrieking. It's constrained by a typical TV-level budget, nothing wrong with that.

TV shows that tend to be more grounded (i.e. stories that don't require CGI or SFX) tend to look better because the budget can be spread out and used accordingly instead of a huge amount spent on subpar CGI.

It would make more sense as the daughter of lando or descendant of Mace windu, really.

But anyway, a granddaughter or grandniece of obi wan could be black... Kelly from the Lost world was more unbelievable...

In a galaxy with magical energy fields, faster-than-light travel, giant space monsters and lightsabers, do we really need to pay such close attention to racial accuracy? People trashed the 90s Cinderella film with Brandy because of its obviously incongruent character races. But so what? It was a fairytale.

I'm surprised at you Luke. Surely a man of science knows that a child of mixed parentage doesnt have to be a precise 50/50 mix when it comes to skin color.

i'm not racist anyway. Star wars could use more people from other races.

It's just that if they want a non caucasian main character, they can create new ones not neccessary to have them relate to old characters.

I'm surprised at you Luke. Surely a man of science knows that a child of mixed parentage doesnt have to be a precise 50/50 mix when it comes to skin color.

i'm not racist anyway.

I'm a pretty big racist myself; really dislike a lot of humans. Not much of an ethnicist, though.

Giving Mace Windu a daughter is a bad idea. It suggests that Anakin wasn't the only Jedi to give in to his basic evil human desires, and it perpetuates a basic flaw of the Expanded Universe that new characters are somehow related to existing ones.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Just can't get used to the Disney logo in there with the Star Wars one, ugh.

Still, as has been pointed out elsewhere we'd already reached the 'Yoda in mobile phone ads' point BEFORE the sale so I guess things can't get any worse.

It's an absolute disgrace that the series has still yet to have its first black robot. What is this, 1962?

All imperial R2, Protocol and interrogator droids are jet black... seen in SW 1977.... ;)

It's an absolute disgrace that the series has still yet to have its first black robot. What is this, 1962?

All imperial R2, Protocol and interrogator droids are jet black... seen in SW 1977.... ;)

Don't forget the mouse droids!

So I guess Darth Vader is a pretty clear cut case then. Black armour and all that... ;)

I love the bit in Chasing Amy about Darth Vader. Three movies of him being this grand powerful Nubian god, but they remove his helmet to reveal a crusty old white man.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

I don't mind that S7ar Wars logo as long as they ditch the stupid prequel style titles that sought to emphasise the word "EPISODE" above everthing else.

Besides the Disney one looks like the old SW vinyl cover!

I think in the vacuum of official information that we've had basically since JJ Abrams was named director, some people (SW fan blogs/Twitters, movie news sites, etc) will grasp onto anything.

the film will be normal.

Normal as in Episodes 1-3 or normal like Episodes 4-6?

Normal as in Episodes 7-9 of course!

Lens flares ahoy then!