Heath Ledger dies

Miguel Andrade

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be insensitive....

Did he finish the new Batman movie?

yes, regardless of whether he was or not.

Very sad. He'll become a legend now though.

People are already drawing parallels to River Phoenix.

On a side note, shooting has been completed on TDK.

He doesn't leave behind a great body of work to make him become a legend like say James Dean or Marlon Brando.

"I don't know how to quit you"...he has now.

sucks for those guys making The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. I call for a re-shoot!

Actually, it sucks for his family and friends. That film's production is not an issue right now.

Bad form.

sucks for those guys making The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. I call for a re-shoot!

Actually, it sucks for his family and friends. That film's production is not an issue right now.

Bad form.

perhaps :(

It's very sad, but that's what can happen if you dabble in drugs.

I feel pity for those he left behind, but not so much for him.

I don't think it's so cut-and-dried Stefan. IT sounded like Ledger's personal life was a bit of a train wreck so perhaps he was depressed. There are many anonymous people who kill themselves as a result of chronic depression each year and no one says "it served them right". It's a pity that this talented young man did do himself in whether he meant to or not. It wasn't like Phoenix who was partying and indulged in excess. From what the news says, Ledger was alone which suggests suicide.

Tragic news, I wasn't expecting anything like this at all. He had such a long career ahead of him. He picked his roles wisely, and his most recent films were all incredible. A great actor he was, and he will be greatly missed. Rest in peace Heath Ledger...

Crap. I just got home from seeing Cloverfield, turn on the TV, and see "Heath Ledger 1979-2008" behind Shep Smith. Shocking indeed. He was the type of actor that I admire most: serious about the craft, professional, and not an attention seeker or diva. He had a hell of a future ahead of him.

Bad form.

If only that were true. Unfortunately, however, the film is the latest by visionary film director Terry Gilliam. He is renowned for production on his films being "cursed". Munchausen was a nightmare to finish, Brazil was shoddily re-cut by bureaucrats after Gilliam finished it, production on Don Quixote was halted after only a few days because of a freakish string of on-set disasters, and now this most awful of all. Sources say that Heath Ledger hadn't finished filming his scenes on Parnassus yet. If the plug is pulled on Gilliam's film I have a feeling he will never get behind the camera again. As far as I'm concerned that IS an issue.

My heart truly goes out to Heath Ledger's family, friends, and legions of fans (of whom I am one), but the person I have the most concern for at the moment is Terry Gilliam. This has every possibility of crippling him, both emotionally and professionally.

It's a big shock RIP Heath Ledger. I liked him in "the Patriot" "4 Feathers and Yes Brokeback Mountain as well

I cannot believe he died I thought someone like Britney Spears or LOhan would die (not that I want them to)

but not Heath. THis is truly a shock He was and is one of the only true actors left in Hollywood.

We won't know what happened for a few days.

It could be

A heart Attack

An accidental overdose of illegal drugs

An accidental overdose of prescription medication

A deliberate suicide by overdose

Not an overdose but somekind of rare drug side effect or interraction

I honestly didn't believe this when I heard it.

Its so completely and utterly shocking.

I mean, we laugh and prod at the idea of the AP having Brittany's Obit already written, and then BAM...

I have to say I first really started to notice him after Brokeback, although I'd seen some of his other films.

I was utterly drawn into his dark, deep-ness in Brokback, two senses that NEEDED to be there for the character. Someone you didn't know; couldn't know. Someone who loved and lived and felt far deeper than he let on.

And in a way, I wonder if that wasn't Heath as well.

I mean, I know when he first was announced as being the Joker, many people were like "WHAT?!" but I mean... honestly... I look forward to this film and the fact that he could go from such roles to other roles with controversy, but confidence, is such an amazing tribute to him.

How unfortunate that we will never fully see the fruition of his talents... but how fortunate that we can still have a piece of him with us in those films he has left us.

If anyone is truely curious AICN reported this regarding Ledger:

Hey folks, Harry here... There's a lot of rumors swirling around right now in regards to Heath and where his involvement with THE DARK KNIGHT was. I got it confirmed from a source involved in Post-Production on THE DARK KNIGHT. Heath's post work was complete. He had indeed finished it, as to not interfere with the production of the film he was doing with Gilliam. We're now working to find out what's going to happen there. The last known photo of Heath was as a clown in that film. Will Terry re-cast? What will happen? We'll try to find out for all of you. But there will be no-dubbing on Heath in THE DARK KNIGHT - his performance was finished.

Supposedly now news sources are saying that Ledger was sick with pneumonia at the time and the death was accidental even though the sleeping pills were contributed to his death...but still very tragic indeed.

Sounds awful - but I couldn't help but think when I heard the news that this is yet another great piece of viral advertising for The Dark Knight!!!

A sad loss - a seemingly genuine man and an actor who was streets ahead of the rest of his generation..........whatever his demons were - RIP Mr Ledger.

All together now:

We Will, We Will Rock you!!!!!!!!!!!!!