The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

I hereby make my predictions for La La Land's November 30th titles:

1. Jerry Goldsmith's Star Trek V (Complete)

2. Michael Kamen's Die Hard (2CD Complete)

3. John Wiliams' HOOK (3CD Complete)

4. John Morris' Clue

4. John Morris' Clue

If that was indeed LaLaLand's haul, a massive Squee fart would envelope the planet from film score fans around the world.

And I'm buying all 4 of those.

4. John Morris' Clue

If that was indeed LaLaLand's haul, a massive Squee fart would envelope the planet from film score fans around the world.

And I'm buying all 4 of those.

I'd buy two, maybe three.

TFF would be amazing. A great end to the year.

Complete Die Hard? Complete Hook? Glad to see you're such optimists, mates, but let's just be aware here that great expectations often bring about great disappointments. ;) Anyway, should these two holy grails really come out, they're as good as ordered with me but we must be very alert, if Hook really does come out it might go as fast as the LLL Predator, possibly faster ... ;)

I highly doubt the batch will be anywhere near that impressive. I'll remain hopeful and say Die Hard is possible, but really that's the only one I'd expect to see. Even Clue is supposedly pushed back a bit, right? However, a title like The Towering Inferno would not be unlikely, I think.

I'd consider Hook out of that lot. I think 3 CDs may be pushing it a bit though.

Personally, I think we're most likely to see one or two 'mega' releases such as Hook, with two or three smaller but still impressive titles. I really doubt that all four will be gems.

It would be Hook and Trek V for me. I'm unfamiliar with the other two.

It's anticipations like these that cause me to thank my ignorance of the wider part of film music.

The financial triage is already brutal enough as it is.

Clue is definitely an entertaining movie and it's one I really do like a lot. As I said though I never paid attention to the score so when ever Clue is released I'll most likely skip it.

Question about the 2CD Alien Resurrection:

Just got this from moviemusic. Thanks guys!

Does this have all the tracks from the bootleg? I can toss that out, yes?

I think it was reported it does. I think it's safe to assume you can delete the boot.

After I got my copy of ID-4 I used the two boots to make clean intros and endings for cues that were meant to be separated for my iPod. After that I deleted both boots.

how would midnight be a hint?

Gremlins. :(

I wish it mattered for me...I won't be able to check till Saturday anyhow. Hopefully it won't sell out by then, right? :(

They won't go on sale until the following Tuesday. This is just the pre-announcement.

GREMLINS!!! I've wanted that for soo long! Though I would be a bit dissapointed if it ended up being that instead of Hook... though it was always speculation for that one. I'll definitely get either of them!

What's more likely for La La Land to release: Gremlins or Star Trek 5?

I would say Gremlins first.

Maybe some people are getting too excited. This from MV at FSM.

Yes, they shall be huge -- a HUGE letdown to most. I'm quite sure of it. smile

I think I may go with the morning announcement (just for you, Peter!). Although, with Ivy I know I will be awake at midnight. That baby never sleeps. Maybe if I read her Jeff Bond's liner notes for Batman. . .

LOL

j/k Jeff (those in the know get the joke)

wink

MV

GREMLINS!!! I've wanted that for soo long! Though I would be a bit dissapointed if it ended up being that instead of Hook... though it was always speculation for that one. I'll definitely get either of them!

I -almost- had no idea you wanted Gremlins so badly... ;-)

I wouldn't mind if it was nothing I was interested in, actually. :cool:

Totally agree. I must be the only person in the entire universe who does not think that the sun shines out of "Hook"'s arse. As for "Gremlins": I'm not fussed. I have a good boot, and that's good enough for me. Now, if they re-issue "Explorers", or "Matinee"... :D

Really people have been building this release up on their own. MV never suggested that they were releasing huge titles on Black Friday (aside from that list early in the year of their big release dates, but so many titles have been shifted around since then) - only that their final four releases of the year would be announced on that day. I'd expect more stuff of about the same appeal as Haunted Honeymoon, to be honest. Maybe one biggish title.

I wouldn't mind if it was nothing I was interested in, actually. :cool:

Me too. The emptiness of my wallet scares me to death. Don't push me any further in the coming weeks, please... :D

Karol