Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

1 minute ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Now, just a damn minute!

@crocodile, the front says 75p, and the back says £29.99.

What. Is going. On?!

You can  get plastic sleeves for 75p with any vinyl purchase. :)

Karol

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

As the double LP was never released in my country, all I had from this score at the time was the 10 track CD and equivalent LP.

Ouch. The double LP of Empire is one of the wonders of the soundtrack world.

2 hours ago, Bespin said:

The CD of Empire Strikes Back... one of the most traumatic events of my life.

This track list... WTF?

1680815594567651692955681043571.jpg

Especially when you had had the double LP! WHERE'S MY DEPARTURE OF BOBA FETT?!?

8 hours ago, Tallguy said:

Especially when you had had the double LP! WHERE'S MY DEPARTURE OF BOBA FETT?!?

On the other hand, it makes the severely truncated RotJ album feel more acceptable. Now if only we'd gotten a 10 track SW CD release 😉

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

It's always bothered me that, on the original vinyl release, sides one and two seem to be reversed.

This "promo" LP was organized as two EPs, like if it was for a radio DJ.

The ROTJ album shows us what life would have been like if Star Wars and Empire had been "normal". I can't even IMAGINE Star Wars being cut down to a single LP. Shudder!

Arrived from Amazon today:

20230408_184333.jpg20230408_184321.jpg20230408_184324.jpg

High resolution digital purchases:

va-42.pngDungeons-and-Dragons-Soundtrack-2.jpg

And found a decenaly priced copy of this gem:

ab67616d0000b273fe2c50b38737ec82d532651a.jpeg

Karol

30 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Have you decided to buy all the LPs now, as quickly as possible?

I have unhealthy spending habits, certainly. ;)

Karol

19 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Isn't Stephen Warbeck the guy that was supposed to score Game of Thrones before they settled on Djawadi?

Blimey that would have been an interesting choice. While Shakespeare in Love wouldn’t have been my choice that year at the Oscars, it’s still a fine effort. Although it’s much more of a drama score than Life is Beautiful despite them being comedy/musical and dramatic score winners respectively. Mulan or Prince of Egypt are easily the best two in comedy/musical… but I’d probably have picked Mulan as Jerry deserved a dozen Oscars and it’s one of his finest scores of that period.

On 09/04/2023 at 12:43 AM, crocodile said:

I have unhealthy spending habits, certainly. ;)

Karol

Glad to see Amazon apparently packaged them appropriately. Dented corners due to shoddy packaging were a regular occurrence back when I was collecting Laserdiscs.

I finally ran out of JW scores I wanted (for now), so decided to broaden my purchasing. Also bought the OST for the LotR trilogy, Empire of the Sun, and Schindler's List.

71Fgx7KVuHL._AC_UY218_.jpg

41Za-lOoY-L._AC_UY218_.jpg

51xppC2BVCL._AC_UY218_.jpg

51mHoUO7oHL._SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.webp

RobinHoodV2.gif

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

's implies ownership.

s is plural.

I am aware, thank you. I'm sure it would not be hard to find incorrect punctuation and grammar use in anyone's post history, including yours. I won't play grammar police if you don't.

1 hour ago, Schilkeman said:

I am aware, thank you. I'm sure it would not be hard to find incorrect punctuation and grammar use in anyone's post history, including yours. I won't play grammar police if you don't.

The fact that you've seen it written both ways doesn't mean both ways are correct, that's all.

On 12/04/2023 at 4:39 PM, Tom Guernsey said:

Blimey that would have been an interesting choice.

Indeed, a totally different direction. I wonder what specific decider made them go to Djawadi instead. I could assume it was 'traditional vs RCP', but that feels like a lazy criteria. There are lots of elements to consider for a composer for a long term TV show. Maybe it was just down Warbeck doing some demos, and whatever he did didn't click with them.

10 hours ago, Schilkeman said:

Not sure what this means.

I'm not a fan of the LOTR OSTs, especially the ones for TTT and ROTK. They don't do a great job of presenting Shore's opus. The Fellowship OST is okay, though.

1 hour ago, Schilkeman said:

I've seen it both ways. It's not a hard rule.

It is. I've also seen it both ways, more often with the apostrophe than without. You constantly see it in German, too, where the genitive generally doesn't use an apostrophe, but people still keep doing it (sometimes even in random places, not just before the "s"). That doesn't make it right though. I don't grammar-police, but since you explicitly pointed out the 's, I couldn't let it lie. ;)

36 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

It is. I've also seen it both ways, more often with the apostrophe than without. You constantly see it in German, too, where the genitive generally doesn't use an apostrophe, but people still keep doing it (sometimes even in random places, not just before the "s"). That doesn't make it right though. I don't grammar-police, but since you explicitly pointed out the 's, I couldn't let it lie. ;)

But I learned recently, that this is how languange works and evolves. When there is something wrong, but enough people keep doing it even when it logically makes no sense, then after some time it becomes right.