Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

I don't buy from either place if I can help it. They're too expensive. I will check the brick and mortar stores every so often because they would carry a decent selection of film scores that can't be bought in other brick and mortars, but by now, I think I've nabbed them all and moved wholly to the specialty labels. Sometimes their discount racks offer goodies, and the "complete works by author for $10" are really good deals, except I have enough books I don't read.

Yeah, I only buy from them when I have giftcards. Other than that, there's no incentive for me to buy as long as the Amazon marketplace exists.

Just found Earthquake on eBay for $30! For that price I couldn't say no...I doubt I'll ever see it that cheap again, unless one of the labels takes it. Also reordered The Best of the Canadian Brass from Amazon marketplace.

Okay, my spending spree is officially over.

For somebody who aspires to be a JW completist, it is still a worthwhile purchase. And I remember liking bits of the score (well, only the main titles really).

For somebody who aspires to be a JW completist, it is still a worthwhile purchase. And I remember liking bits of the score (well, only the main titles really).

I'm a completist and I've never gotten it. It's prime for a reissue at this point. You should have held off!

I'm a completist and I've never gotten it. It's prime for a reissue at this point. You should have held off!

Ha. I am a completist. I have it. It literally sits in the shelf, helping to prop up The Towering Inferno and Cinderella Liberty.

Eh, I'll take that chance. If it's one of Intrada's January 10th releases, I'll be a little upset.

Well I didn't expect a re-issue of The Poseidon Adventure before any of those titles so you never know what the labels have in store.

I would love a remastered version of Earthquake without those damn sound effects mixed in the cues.

I haven't bought any film scores since Intrada's last batch and it's been a nice break.

Ghoulies / Re-Animator - Richard Band

Alvin And The Chipmunks - signed by Christopher Lennertz

Thanks to Lucas!

Lucas?

I love the Ghoulies theme music.

I would love a remastered version of Earthquake without those damn sound effects mixed in the cues.

My preference would be for a 2-disc release including the original Earthquake album rerecording (with the tracks correctly labelled this time!) and the original soundtrack as recorded for the movie - assuming the masters survive at Universal - much like Varese Sarabande did with The Fury, Damien: Omen II and others. The fact that a much longer take of the film version of Something For Rosa was used as source music for one of the additional scenes in the extended TV movie version in the late 70s gives me hope that the original film recordings must have survived away from the original movie soundtrack.

I'm still waiting on the SAE order I placed the day after Christmas to ship. Guess that's what happens when they take a week off. ;)

I'm waiting for my Nov 30 order (shipped on Dec 13) to arrive and my Dec 19 order to ship.

2001 (North -- Goldsmith recording)

Moby Dick (Christopher Gordon)

Seven Years in Tibet

Sleepers

I was supposed to get JFK too, but instead I got this:

41A9WC2PSEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

If I didn't have the other CDs to keep me busy till I got a refund/replacement I'd probably be more annoyed, but I'm having too much fun imagining the look on the face of the person who got a John Williams soundtrack instead of a New Age Flute CD.

I've listened to a little bit of it, it sounds nice. It's more a gap-filler than anything else in terms of why I bought it, although I'll give it some time soon.

My last purchase of recent times arrived today, although I'm almost ashamed to state what it is, as I should have bought it a long time ago: Jaws (collector's edition).

A bunch of CDs arrived today:

Pops Britannia (my final holiday present)

The Best of the Canadian Brass

Wish Upon a Star

Earthquake

Wish Upon a Star was a little disapointing. I haven't heard the music yet, but it arrived in an envelope with no bubblewrap, so naturally there's a giant crack in the case. There's a really sticky residue on about a third of the back of the case, and the booklet had a sticker that was really sloppily removed on it - so much of it remains that I can't even read whatever is written under it. I wouldn't mind any of this if it was indicated in the item listing, but this CD was listed as "Like New!"

However, that is offset by Earthquake. I only ordered it a few days ago,and it has already arrived. This thing is in pretty much flawless condition. If it were sealed and didn't have the little cut in the bar code (both of which were described very clearly in the item description on eBay), it could easily pass as a new CD.

Wish Upon a Star

Earthquake

Wish Upon a Star was a little disapointing. the booklet had a sticker that was really sloppily removed on it - so much of it remains that I can't even read whatever is written under it.

cant you just remove whats left?

Wish Upon a Star

Earthquake

Wish Upon a Star was a little disapointing. the booklet had a sticker that was really sloppily removed on it - so much of it remains that I can't even read whatever is written under it.

cant you just remove whats left?

Nah, it's one of those situations where the first layer of the sticker has been removed entirely but there's still a thick and visible residue left over. I could probably scratch it off if it were on the case, but this is on the booklet.

Regardless, this seller needs to advertise more truthfully. If I buy a Like New product, I don't expect to have to scratch a sticker residue off (or, in this case, just live with it).

Ordered:

- The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing

- Bugs Bunny at the Symphony

- Carrie (2CD)

- Rain Man

Received! Carrie and Bugs Bunny at the Symphony (just listening to it) are outstanding!

However, they probably made a mistake at SAE so I received a second package which I didn't order, looks like they mistakenly sent me somebody else's order. It contains Carrie, Big Trouble in Little China, Maurice Jarre's Concert Works and Les deux mondes. Did any of you guys order this? :P I'm contacting them on Monday to see what to do, I think the easiest was for me would be just to get the proper customer's address and resend the package directly to him/her ...

Needless to say, I contacted the seller. ;) Figure I'll give him/her the benefit of the doubt for now, considering the high levels of positive feedback (s)he has received. Still, it's annoying that my gratification has been delayed... EDIT: The seller refunded my purchase without incident. No harm, no foul, I guess...

Ben Folds: Stems and Seeds

After complaints about the too radio-normalised undynamic mix of his 2008 album Way to Normal, Folds re-released the whole thing in 2009 with a remastered mix, all bonus tracks, and a second disc with Garage Band files for all the original album's song's parts.

If someone did this for a Williams score, some of our hobby score editors here would be all over it. :)

I like Ben Folds (or, at least The Ben Folds Five). His big hit - "Battle of Couldn't Care Less"? - always sounded a bit like solo Bruce Hornsby, to me.

The other day, I bought three Kitaro c.d.s in a local charity shop for £4:50. Does anyone else like Kitaro?

Ben Folds can be great. I enjoy Rockin' The Suburbs (the album, not just the song that was adapted for Over The Hedge). Not familiar with him beyond that.

Introduced to him when he opened for Tori Amos in LA a few years back, round about the time Arnold was voted Governor.

Loved that show.

Got Keisuke Wakao plays John Williams 2010 reissue from CDJapan. Can't wait to listen to it.

Any way you could post the back and front cover, please?