La-La Land announces Home Alone (Complete)

Jay

I consider it one of Williams' worst sequenced albums, next to The Terminal. Any other composer would've put the entire score, correctly sequenced, with maybe the 20 second cues such as 'storm's coming' left off.

Basically, as an album producer, Williams has done little except annoy me <_<

I am extremely happy to get a complete Home Alone score. Not only is it my favourite Christmas time score but it is such a lovely and varied score that really rises miles above the general comedy score fare. I guess the Christmas spirit with which Williams imbues everry track in one way or the other makes it so special. And somehow it taps the nostalgia of Christmas and childhood in the best possible way being just the right amount about the wonder and glitter of Christmas but balancing that with the sense of warmth, family and even a sense of melancholy and reverence.

Perfectly stated. Williams, more than any other film composer, manages to capture that Christmas-sy sound. It just sparkles.

I can only second you two, as well as ETAndElliot4Ever. Home Alone has always been one of my top 3 favorite JW scores and I've been for years hoping and praying for it to receive the treatment it deserves. :P I was also Mac Culkin's age the year HA came out (well of course I'm still his age :D) so I also love the film (and its sequel) very much and watch it at least 2-3 times a year. :) So, after 8 years' wait since 2002 when Varese's great edition of HA 2 came out, this one finally coming out is definitely one of my JW dreams come true and I know I'll be listening to it over and over, instantly make a copy to listen to it in the car etc. :D CAN'T WAIT TO ORDER AND RECEIVE THIS!!! <_<

The film version of the Prologue in JFK is an edit that basically inserts a snippet of the Conspirators into the material during the Cuban Missile Crisis footage. There are a few repeated bars in the following flute interlude but it is obviously edited.

The second part of the prologue sounds totally different from any rendition on the CD. The part where Kennedy talks about Vietnam and gives the speech. That's definitely unreleased.

Don't forget the "Boss, the President's been shot" sequence that introduces the character of Garrison.

ok let me ask this

Are Lalaland available to order from SAE at the exact moment they go up for sale at the Lalaland site?

It's weird I bought Lost in Space directly from Lalaland last year and I don't have any registration info noted. I forget, do you just buy directly there without registering on the site ?

ok let me ask this

Are Lalaland available to order from SAE at the exact moment they go up for sale at the Lalaland site?

It's weird I bought Lost in Space directly from Lalaland last year and I don't have any registration info noted. I forget, do you just buy directly there without setting up a registering on the site ?

Yeah, it's done through a third party vendor (Yahoo I think) so they don't keep your details. Not sure about SAE.

Yes, Lalaland does go through yahoo shopping so there is no history, SAE does it all on their own site so they do keep history.

SAE should have them up for sale shortly after LaLaLand announces the titles.

where are all the great Christmas songs on this release. How disappointing.

Joe, it would have been too much to license them, plus they are readily available on so many other CDs.

Yeah LLL use Yahoo and I've had to enter payment details every time I've ordered.

Certainly put a jolt in my heart when I realised I had to fill in everything from scratch to order ID4 ;)

Yeah. I already knew you had to add everything over, so I had the card set out and ready to go when it hit 3PM. Nowadays though, I have everything memorized, so I can just speed type it and easily make it within the first 10 orders.

Someone else who complained about songs not being on this disc? Not surprised in the least.

If you want the songs buy the original CBS disc, they're on there.

Mike Matessino (and John) said it would have been too costly for them to license them for the score and would have spread it out to 2-CD's instead of one. Personally I just want Williams score, I could careless about the songs.

So 2 was on ABC Family last night. I tuned in a little late, but stayed the course since it was HD and I was having fun. What struck me was that there didn't seem to be any noticeable editing. When I've seen the movie broadcast in the past, it seems they hack out all the best parts and present some shitty abridged hour-long version. But yeah, this broadcast didn't offend. Then I got to the toy store scene and the entire intro was cut out with the Merry Christmas/Duncan's theme fanfare. Immediately changed the channel in disgust.

Yes, Lalaland does go through yahoo shopping so there is no history, SAE does it all on their own site so they do keep history.

SAE should have them up for sale shortly after LaLaLand announces the titles.

where are all the great Christmas songs on this release. How disappointing.

Joe, it would have been too much to license them, plus they are readily available on so many other CDs.

sorry but that's a shitty excuse, to make a perfect cd then you'd have to make your own cd from mulitple sources.

It also would mean they'd have to push it to two discs wich would have boosted the price for what many would argue is a duplicate (original) to the complete score to Home Alone II... I'm ok with what's missing. The only big things to me were "Have yourself a merry little christmas" which has the album version (on the album) and the film version which can somewhat cleanly be made.

The christmas songs, I already compiled for my Complete Home Alone score edit so I'll just replace disc 1 with this and viola! lol

sorry but that's a shitty excuse, to make a perfect cd then you'd have to make your own cd from mulitple sources.

I don't recall any bitching when Intrada released BTTF without any of the songs. No one seemed bothered that they had to buy the original CD for the Huey Lewis songs for example.

These are score releases, first and foremost. Paying an expensive license for songs that have nothing to do with William's score isn't relevant for the product.

And I bet that if they had included them, and spread it across 2 CDs and charged $30 for it all, there would be bitching that "we don't need those stupid songs and we're paying $10 extra".

We don't need those songs, they are commercially available elsewhere on quite a few CDs.

You can keep the original album if you want the songs. I hate score material being sacrificed by including songs that are already available elsewhere.

Ya I don't need the songs either. As Mark said they're on the original CBS album, so if you want them and don't have it, get it.

We finally get all of Williams music for this score and people complain about SONGS not being on the CD? Sad, very sad.

Just listened to the original issue yesterday. Nice, but I'm really looking forward to the smaller moments the expansion will likely offer.

As for the Mel Torme song, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, did Williams do the arrangement or conduct?

As for the Mel Torme song, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, did Williams do the arrangement or conduct?

Yes, I've always wondered that--the arrangement (esp. the film version) is pretty Williams-esque.

And talking about obscurities, I still remember a TV spot that had a version of Jingle Bells with the lyrics "Home alone, home alone" instead of "Jingle Bells"... Did anyone remember such thing?

Yes, I've always wondered that--the arrangement (esp. the film version) is pretty Williams-esque.

Indeed, especially the orchestral surge in the middle.

And talking about obscurities, I still remember a TV spot that had a version of Jingle Bells with the lyrics "Home alone, home alone" instead of "Jingle Bells"... Did anyone remember such thing?

I sure do! It's somewhere... in my memory. ;) Barring that, I'm sure it's on youtube someplace.

The trailer is on the DVD.

I sure do! It's somewhere... in my memory. ;) Barring that, I'm sure it's on youtube someplace.

Here it is:

However, I don't think Williams had anything to do with this trailer.

I can't wait for this. I'm ordering it tomorrow as soon as it's available. How has LLL been on shipping recently? Just curious how quickly to expect it. I'm in the USA. I want this thing to enjoy for the Christmas season. ;)

If you place your order tomorrow, there is a great chance it will ship the same day or Wednesday.

Now these are mega titles and there will probably be a huge rush of orders. So depending what time of the day you place the order will dictate when your order goes.

I'd advise everyone to give them some time this go around and be patient.

ok let me ask this

It's weird I bought Lost in Space directly from Lalaland last year and I don't have any registration info noted. I forget, do you just buy directly there without registering on the site ?

Tuesday is not only the day that these CDs go up for sale and begin shipping to us, the consumer, but also the same day they begin shipping to other retailers such as moviemusic or SAE.

In other words, if you order directly from LLL on Tuesday, LLL will ship it to you THAT DAY, and you will get it very quickly. If you order from SAE or whoever, then the CDs will have to travel from LLL's WH to SAE's WH, then SAE has to process your order, re-package your CDs and mail them to you, so you get it later.

I'll be ordering direct from LLL.

I'm really excited about this release. I listen to the OST every year at least once around Christmas time, but it honestly frustrates me. I ALWAYS skip over the 3 source cues, but also the way the OST is structured is kinda weird. Halfway through it suddenly gets bogged down by all the songs. And the score tracks jump all over the place, I never feel like I'm following the movie at all. Looking forward to hearing things complete and chronologically.

Coincidentally enough, I was in my car listening to the Home Alone OST when MV made the announcement!

See, this is what happens when I don't come around here much anymore. I narrowly miss this announcement. Thankfully I got here just in time! Whew! I think I can reiterate what has already been said about Hook. Can I please get a complete release before I die?

Tim

ok let me ask this

Tuesday is not only the day that these CDs go up for sale and begin shipping to us, the consumer, but also the same day they begin shipping to other retailers such as moviemusic or SAE.

But we'll be able to order them from SAE on Tuesday, even if it'll take longer for them to get here, right?