Star Wars is better than everything

Jay

15 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

Well Vader does have that huge "hatch" on the front of his armor. But perhaps he's more machine now than man...

"Elevate... elevate..." - no wait, thinking of Daleks.

Well, the Star Wars universe already established that the technology is advanced enough to create robotic hands, so I think it is quite likely that they can also create an artificial wang. 

I doubt it is able to give Vader pleasure though, because "a Sith must live in constant pain" or whatever.

29 minutes ago, Sweeping Strings said:

A Star Wars-related wang is perfectly capable of popping up repeatedly, if Mattris' constant reappearances in the Disenchantment thread are anything to go by. 

hey-now-hank-kingsley.gif

6 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

A Star Wars-related wang is perfectly capable of popping up repeatedly, if Mattris' constant reappearances in the Disenchantment thread are anything to go by. 

So you're saying Mattris is a dick? ;)

21 hours ago, Tallguy said:

Well Vader does have that huge "hatch" on the front of his armor. But perhaps he's more machine now than man...

Some armour…it seems to me the majority of Vader’s suit is leather, not armour.

12 hours ago, Chen G. said:

Some armour…it seems to me the majority of Vader’s suit is leather, not armour.

Really? I’ve assumed it’s an imperceptibly-high-tech space suit.

4 minutes ago, Pellaeon said:

I’ve assumed it’s an imperceptibly-high-tech space suit.

Well, yeah. But its more space suit than armour, is what I'm saying.

It became MORE armoured - and less cheap-looking - over the films. But its still primarily a space suit (or, as retconned in 1977, a life-preserving suit).

Damn. My media dance card for the year seems to be getting full. The only one of those I'll buy is Andor, but still. I know a couple of Moon Knight fans that will be happy. (I loved the show, I just don't need to own it.)

I might be the only person who dislikes the Steelbook trend, but I’m glad they’re putting this stuff out on physical media.  Kind of wack that the D+ documentaries for Andor and Obi-Wan don’t seem to be included in the features.

2 hours ago, Tallguy said:

Damn. My media dance card for the year seems to be getting full. The only one of those I'll buy is Andor, but still. I know a couple of Moon Knight fans that will be happy. (I loved the show, I just don't need to own it.)

I might pick up Kenobi for film scoring practice ;)

I just learned that in one of the original scripts of A New Hope, Obi-Wan was not supposed to die on the Death Star and was to guide Luke in his attack, from the command room alongside Leia. Lucas's wife, suggesting that Obi-Wan served no purpose after his intervention on the Death Star to rescue the princess, would have then suggested to Lucas to kill Obi-Wan. Lucas would have found it to be a good idea, and ultimately Obi-Wan gives exactly the same instructions to Luke during the Death Star Attack, but from beyond, rather than from the command room.

Additionally, this reinforced the notion of the "Force" so dear to Lucas. If this is true, allow me to say that this is the kind of feedback that would have been useful to give to Lucas during the writing of the prequels. Many things that didn't work in this trilogy could have been improved this way.

But as we know, no one, absolutely no one in Lucas's entourage during the making of the prequels dared to challenge him. With the result that we know.

1558af435d2655eff45ca366ceaf935f7e-02-RickMcCallum.rsquare.w330.webp

"Yes, George, we will do that. It will work perfectly!"

- Rick "Yes man" McCallum

While I'm in the "Gary Kurtz and Marcia Lucas made Star Wars better and Rick McCallum at best did nothing" camp, didn't Lucas get input from Ron Howard and Steven Spielberg? (I'm also not in the "George didn't do anything for Star Wars it was all other people" camp.) I seem to recall that Carrie Fisher also made contributions to at least one of the scripts?

I'm sure there's no way to get any kind of objective telling of any of the back and forth on the Prequels. It didn't work out, that's all I can objectively say.

1 hour ago, Tallguy said:

...didn't Lucas get input from Ron Howard and Steven Spielberg?

I don't know if he sought their advice on the script level, but I recall Lucas having trouble with the last act of 'Episode I', and in particular how to crosscut between the droid invasion, lightsaber fight, and knocking out of the command ship—which Howard and Spielberg were said to have advised him on.

4 hours ago, Edmilson said:

It summed up the trilogy pretty well lol

429640335_942072417549652_447200699960541283_n.jpg

Inaccurate, the praxis ring should be horizontal in the last one.

1 hour ago, Holko said:

And Order 66

And some of the opening sequence: the oner that starts the film is pure Spielberg, and is unlike anything in Lucas' oeuvre. I think Coppola also gave the rough cut a look.

Its another failing of the "The prequels is what Lucas flying solo looks like" narrative.

This shirt is to celebrate starwars.com's month of March spotlight on villainy, with a nod to John Williams...

image.jpeg

Well that didn’t paste the way I wanted from my phone 😂. All 9 skywalker saga movies showing in theatres on May 4th

Hmmm.

"Let’s be honest, people would only go for the first 6."

Nobody in my house would be seeing 1-3. My wife would only want to see (if any) 7-9. (Probably 7.)

They're going to be the SEs. So... Pass.

At least you wouldn't get tracked Imperial March and Leia's awkward silent anguish in ESB.

I'm not that jaded. I still welcome any chance to see the OT, tweaks and all, on the big screen.

The only thing that bothers me is putting money in Disney's coffers. It's obviously a cash grab, but hey, I need some escapism!

7 minutes ago, enderdrag64 said:

No you'd just replace it with looping in the Wampa caves and obvious terrible tracking for Vader's return to the Executor

and nothing of value was lost ;)

As someone who was born in 93, the only versions of these movies that I know are the SEs. They're the only versions available that I saw in DVD.

In fact, I can count how many times I watched start to finish the original trilogy: three. One as a kid back in 2004 or 2005, other as a 16 or 17-year-old teen and other as a young adult back in 2013. Every one of them were the SEs because, y'know' they were the ones available at the video rental.

Also my father kinda ruined these movies for me because before we saw them he had the brilliant idea of telling the plot of the three movies to my younger brothers (who were like, 5 or 6 at the time), including the "I'm your father" reveal - even though that one is so famous that I think I was aware of that before (maybe because of Toy Story 2?... Not sure)

So yeah, by most fans's standards my Star Wars experience wasn't ideal. If in the future they release the original versions of those movies and also create a machine that deletes specific spoilers from stuff so you can experience it like it was the first time I'll be able to fix that. Both of these things pretty much have the same odds of actually coming true, in fact I think the spoiler-forgetting machine is more likely to happen than Disney releasing the original versions...

18 hours ago, Faleel said:

Leia's awkward silent anguish in ESB.

Which scene was this? I know of some of the other bad edits but this one I don’t remember 

10 minutes ago, Brando said:

Which scene was this? I know of some of the other bad edits but this one I don’t remember 

When the Slave I takes off with Han Solo the music cuts out in the theatrical cut. The Special Edition undoes the edit so the cue's used as intended

Just now, enderdrag64 said:

When the Slave I takes off with Han Solo the music cuts out in the theatrical cut

I never saw that as an issue.

13 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

I never saw that as an issue.

SE version more emotional.

31 minutes ago, enderdrag64 said:

When the Slave I takes off with Han Solo the music cuts out in the theatrical cut. The Special Edition undoes the edit so the cue's used as intended

Oh okay that’s what I was thinking of but wasn’t sure. Gosh I can understand some edits sometimes but that one completely baffles me

18 hours ago, enderdrag64 said:

Just checked the theatrical cut, and it sounds like the cue was actually shortened there.  The part that was meant for the close-up of Leia plays over 3PO's "Look what happened to me!"

On 21/03/2024 at 7:02 PM, Dr. Rick said:

Well that didn’t paste the way I wanted from my phone 😂. All 9 skywalker saga movies showing in theatres on May 4th

On 25/01/2024 at 8:19 PM, Jay said:

Just have to paste it in with twitter.com instead of x.com in the URL