Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

Last I knew, Kathleen Kennedy was attached to direct?  Is this still true?

-M-

If Kathleen Kennedy directs, it'll mark her directorial debut. More likely, she'll be producing it.

...as for JP4, while I think Rachel Portman would definitely come up with too subtle of a score when un-needed (Hart's War), why not hire James Horner. This time, I'm serious. First, having James Horner writing a score means more than a 95% chance of having London Symphony recording it, plus Horner can adopt other people's themes well and has a knack for writing loud and bombastic stuff that --according to early reports on JP4 script-- might be what the movie will require. Howard Shore could take it far too off, I think.

Jerry Goldsmith.

?then I'd humbly propose Ralph Vaughan Williams or William Walton over anyone else.

And I can imagine some other buddy proposing Anton Bruckner. Who could it be? :devil:

In a report at Nature detailing the find of a feathered ancestor to Tyrannosaurus Rex, Mark Norell, from the American Museum of Natural History in New York City, claims to have gotten a peek at Jurassic Park 4.

"However, the discovery of feathered dinosaurs at Liaoning is trickling down into popular culture. The first Jurassic Park film featured mainly scaly reptiles, Norell says, "But from what I've seen of the first shots of Jurassic Park IV, all the dinosaurs now have feathers."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6677

Here's the nature.com info on the dino

http://www.nature.com/news/2004/041004/ful.../041004-11.html

I really dont see the T-Rex with feathers, but well, if it is scientific, i can accept it ;)

That's interesting. I could never do that, you know. To me, real facts can't me accept or like something in a movie. If it doesn't work within a movie, it doesn't matter how "realistic" the fact may be. Same goes for historical films: as long as you keep a minimum historical accuracy, you can change some other aspects to make them more cinematographic. For instance, in Roman epics, people are supposed to dress only in white -- that may be more accurate, but it just doesn't work visually. I'm willing to accept a Roman dressed in colors just to make the whole thing more visually attractive.

A feathered T-Rex... I don't think I could accept that, no matter how accurate it is. I don't think I could accept a T-Rex not running too fast, just because a predator who isn't fast enough isn't menacing at all. And T-Rexes aren't supposed to be fast runners. So, the feathered dino -- I'd have to wait and see of course -- doesn't sound like a good idea.

A feathered T-Rex... I don't think I could accept that, no matter how accurate it is. I don't think I could accept a T-Rex not running too fast, just because a predator who isn't fast enough isn't menacing at all. And T-Rexes aren't supposed to be fast runners. So, the feathered dino -- I'd have to wait and see of course -- doesn't sound like a good idea.

So you are letting your own pre-concieved ideas stopping you from excepting a possible interesting vision?

Not at all. Just what works cinematographically and what doesn't. A feathered being doesn't look scary, it's usually stunning and majestic (like an eagle, or a hawk, or even Fawkes).

Meh.

Anything eating flesh is scary. Do you want 90 minutes of a feathered dinosaur eating flesh?

Picture those vultures flying in the sky. Not scary.

The penetrating stare of an Eagle owl is both scary and stuning.

Luke, who has suffered it ;)

And well thinking Raptors (birds of prey) are just majestic... well dont put yourself near an eagle without protection :) And for me, many JP scenes with dinosaurs, are majestic.

The feathers in JPIII are jokes compared to what they seems to be doing in JPIV. Anyway, i say a CGI docummentary which had feathered raptors and they still did look scary.

And justin, you say it would just look stupid, but if in fact they were that way, as stupid as they could be they still were successful species.

my only objection about the feathers thing is that there is inconsistency iwthin the series.

Luke 2, who prefers scaly dinosaurs, but has to accept new things, just think in the dinosaur-aves relation theory, it was unbelievable years ago, now is almost 'canon'

JS1-Feathered-Dromaeosaur-(.jpg

This is how it will look.

I have seen some forums and people seem to hate the idea and mock it. And it is not just for the movie, it is like they just dismiss the theory, though there are some proofs of it...

I saw in a National geographic a theory about T-Rex chicks having the same king of feathers a little chick has for insulation, it would work fine... the adult dont need them.

Luke, who thinks just the raptors will have feathers, i think only droameosaurians had them (though them and TREX are both theropods, related to birds, but just the former evolved to them, so maybe the report is exxagerating)

If you read th article carefully you will see that the feather issue only counts for a relatively small member of the tyrannosauroid family.

It is likely that larger animals (and adults of smaller animals) didn't need any insulation from feathers and lost them when they grew older. Depending on the mass/surface ratio they could've been endotherms from gigantothermy.

So I don''t think JP IV's T-rex will have feathers.

Besides, it's about proto-feathers and not about modern feathers as we know them from present-day birds. I guess I won't look that revolting :(

T-rex's were fast runners or so science say, so Ross got that part wrong.

I think nowadays theories sais the T Rex was slow and therefore a scavenger... (which i dont like but...)

The raptor in the picture, is wearing proto feathers in all his body (maybe just the wings are not)

How can it be revolting? Dont they actualy still move like chickens? And a chicken isnt even majestic!

Face it, one your enter the avian theory there is no return :(

That movie has so many great one liners. :D

"All me life flashed before me eyes. It was really borin'."

"I don't want to be a pie. I don't like gravy."

"They're gonna kill themselves... wanna watch?"

Justin - LOL

"Back from holiday?"

"I wasn't on holiday, I was in solitary confinement."

"Ooh, it's nice to have a bit of time for yourself, isn't it?"

"Is Edwina going on holiday?"

- Marc, :D

• 1 year later...

According to this site is that the site says Spielberg is expected to direct JPIV.

According to this forum i was just browsing it says that Jurassic Park 4 will begin after Indy 4.

Yes. I can hardly... Contain it. I wonder why it's taken so long to get off the ground. Oh, yes, the same reason Indy 4 will never dig itself out of its own grave; the idea was dead before it started. Please, let it rest.

After JP3 I *expect* Spielberg to director #4 as well. :)

Agreed. JP was hardly excellent - enjoyable - but I've come to expect better from Spielberg. TLW was kinda like a trashy JP (still vaguely enjoyable), JP3 had POPCORN written all over it. It wasn't even particularly enjoyable.

As for Indy 4 - NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I love the first three films, and would rather have no fourth film than a less-than-perfect one.

Wouldn't it be great if Williams got to score another Indiana Jones film AND a new Jurassic Park film? That's the stuff my fanboyish non-sexual-wet-dreams are made of! :)

Is Williams scoring JP IV?

That what im actually thinking right now, considering if Speilberg is to director JP4 then John Williams might do the score. Since Speilberg and Williams works together.