Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

I don't really see why it wouldn't be in the movie, but I'll be surprised if it's more than just something that passes by in the background.

Honestly, that's exactly what I expect it to be for. Looks like alien crowd filler for a marketplace. Something like that doesn't need to be front and center or attract attention.

Yes, it's also for Wave 10 of the Hasbro action figures

So in the end...isnt it ironic that a new Star Wars film is going to have the 'lets use muppets and not CGI everywhere' sentiment that the hobbit was going to have with Del Toro?

That's not irony.

Ironic has become the new word for "funny".

I dont know. In spanish it is an old phrase. Not a trendy thing of today....

i think you could see them in the senate pods from far

probably, but i have promotional close ups of wookie senators, alderaanian senators, mon calamari... that they looked like they had a little scene...

they did a fully animatronic calamari head (i think) and we dont see calamari (at least close) in any of the prequels

'Star Wars original cast looked 'a little melted' for Episode VII - Carrie Fisher'

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/may/25/star-wars-original-cast-little-melted-episode-vii-carrie-fisher

"We are doing it over again so I can get Princess Leia right this time. I think less British. I looked a little pretentious faking the accent. It was sort of a viral accent it came and went."

'Star Wars original cast looked 'a little melted' for Episode VII - Carrie Fisher'

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/may/25/star-wars-original-cast-little-melted-episode-vii-carrie-fisher

"We are doing it over again so I can get Princess Leia right this time. I think less British. I looked a little pretentious faking the accent. It was sort of a viral accent it came and went."

Why is the word 'actor' used for carrie fisher?

LOL you're so confused.

Sigh ... okay.

I'm just wondering why Lucas gets crap for revisiting the original movies and doing it the "right" way, and Fisher doesn't for wanting to portray Leia "right" "this time".

And just for the record: I don't care.

Actually I can understand why some woman take issue with it. 'Musician' and 'artist' apply to both sexes, so why should the acting profession be any different?

In Britain, "actress" can even be interpreted as sexism.

Does the same happen with "woman"?

"Actor woman"?

"Person who acts?"

"Acting person"?

"A physical entity that is in a profession defined as acting"

Gotta to love the gender neutrality bug that has been going around the world these days.

Nope. They've already banned 'girl', so I think 'woman' is next.

Ronnie Barker's "Ministry of Sex Equality" sketch seems oddly prophetic now.

Holy crap.

Why don't they leave language alone and make equality in the important things like same salary for both sexes. It is bewildering how a thing so simple to fix has still not been done.

Well to steer us back to the topic I have to say that the token (hopefully) appearance of the original trilogy trio as old geezers might be a nice nod of nostalgia if they keep it sweet and brief. Of course so as not to take away screen time from non-melting people.

Wish there were some females here to find out what they think about the actress thing, but oh well. The sausage party continues.

I understood that in modern English actor referred to everyone and actress, with the French suffix, to women? I don't see the big deal. I wonder what the word for this was before the 16th century, as actor is also a loan.

(In Castilian it's actor and actriz, but the terms are exclusive. Some jobs have gendered words and some don't.)

Actor isn't one of them. The english word is non-gender specific.

It doesn't make a difference to me, quite frankly, since I am unaffected by it. However, many female actors completely dislike the term "actress". If you listen to acceptance speechs, many of them even go out of their way to refer to themselves as an "actor"

It would have made more sense to make 'actor' the exclusive male word than eliminating a word from the dictionary.

Don't English people see that their language is already a little crippled regarding gender words?

I still don't know how the f*ck i'm supposed to differenciate between male and female cousins, if no other references are given!

What's even more annoying than that is the dual definition of "Brother In Law". It could refer to my sister's husband, or my wife's brother!

Don't English people see that their language is already a little crippled regarding gender words?

This is coming from a man whose native language has gender association for objects.

This is coming from a man whose native language has gender association for objects.

OK let's not go there guys. This gender-meander in the discussion has been interesting but perhaps we could return to the topic at hand. Please.

That's just categories of nouns.

I have been thinking on this film and its story. I am concerned that it won't be anything particularly original when compared to all previously existing films. They might prefer to preach to the fanbase retreading stuff. But one can hope.