What is the Last Cue You Listened To?

Sharkissimo

Silvestri's Sandcastles is goddamn gorgeous. Anyone interested in Mummy Returns should start there.

I'm listening to the finale cue from Lone Ranger, and I kinda admit I have a soft spot for this.

(Even the movie feels like a first draft of something that could have been quite fun, I even like the casting, leaving silly looking Depp aside. I keep picturing Armie Hammer as Superman for some reason)

4 hours ago, Maglorfin said:

Classic cue.  I like that visual accompaniment.

It's exactly the kind of thing I meant the other day when I said that my imagination goes to something more like paintings/imagery while listening to instrumental music.

The Mummy Returns credits is currently keeping me sane (while driving me possibly insane with repetition after being on a loop for 20 minutes) and from throwing this hellspawn S7-300 PLC out the window.

So weird that The Post sounds way more transparent and full than both of his new Star Wars scores. Is it the orchestration, the mixing and mastering, the performance? The latter two scores just sound so thick and stuffy, and it's hard to hear Williams' trademark sense of harmony. I don't get it.

39 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

So weird that The Post sounds way more transparent and full than both of his new Star Wars scores. Is it the orchestration, the mixing and mastering, the performance? The latter two scores just sound so thick and stuffy, and it's hard to hear Williams' trademark sense of harmony. I don't get it.

One score is for one of his best lifelong pals!

The other two scores are here because, well, someone's gotta do it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's the 20th of August, state holiday for the founding of our country and our first king, so here comes the customary listening of the classic 1983 rock opera about it.

Or at the very least, the overture, which is the overture of Beethoven's unfinished opera (König Stephan, op. 117) with an... '80s facelift to fit the genre.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

One of the greatest Williams cues EVER. 

I think someone rolled a little something extra in John's cigars around that time.

So bizarre, yet somehow so compelling.