What is the Last Cue You Listened To?

Sharkissimo

4 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

The cue when Luke finds his aunt and uncle burned. The clarinet accompanying the force theme is... wow. The sound quality is anything but wow.

That's good, wow is hard to remove, even with the latest plugins. ;)

16 hours ago, LSH said:

First cue from his first Bond score and he certainly set a precedent with it

Technically it's an album track containing 4 cues ;)

1. 0:00-0:51 = Terrorist Base [Revised]
  2. 0:51-2:57 = Mod Squad
  3. 2:57-4:45 = Missile Launch
  4. 4:45-end = Blowing Up The Base [with 2 seconds removed]

The new "Original Version" track on the LLL, incidentally, is:

1. 0:00-0:58 = Terrorist Base [Original]
  2. 0:58-3:05 = Mod Squad
  3. 3:05-4:53 = Missile Launch
  4. 4:53-end = Blowing Up The Base [complete]

19 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

The chess game (extended), 6:01. I'm a fucking moron. It takes me 236126 WATCHES before I fully grasp how awesome the accompaniment in the lower brass is. God.

Am I missing something?

What is THE CHESS GAME from?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unbelievable, that Goldsmith wrote such sophisticated music for his very first film score assignment.

That has an emotional depth, that I miss in his much later scores. 

And now please nobody say "Listen to Ruby".

It is not the same. To me at least.

Anyway, I love this.

First time listening to this lovely score. Strongly prefigures An American Tail, The Land Before Time and Field of Dreams in places. I love how even as early as 1985, Horner had established such a distinctive musical voice. This track was a definite highlight - Love to hear his "taking off" sequence referenced at 1:47.

• 2 weeks later...

What everyone thinks about this (mostly the first minute, because the other half is a bit Zimmeresque)? It's from a Greek series about an old saint, by a Finnish composer, Tuomas Kantelinen. @Thor do you know him?

Sometimes I forget why I love film music, and then I listen to “Binary Sunset” and I’m immediately reminded why John Williams is the greatest film composer and why I’ve been absolutely in love with film music since I was 6 years old and first heard The Force Theme and saw Luke Skywalker standing in the binary sunset dreaming about leaving and going on adventures. This, to me, is The Greatest cue ever composed that encapsulates my entire childhood, all the feelings I had back when I was a little boy, and many of what I feel now as an “adult”. And I owe it all to Maestro Williams.

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to David Arnold's Stargate after all these years - what a brilliant, brilliant score. So epic, I was priviledged to see Arnold do ID4 at RHA (give me a two metre wood mallet to perform that score) and then to hug the man at one of the great meet the composer events at the London fan sessions, one of the true legends!

• 4 weeks later...

I saw this movie as a teenager and this scene left me emotional. Just an amazing flashback montage with a delicate and nostalgic Marianelli score. The piano and strings part that begins at 2:35 is just superb and never fails to bring a tear to my eye.

13 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

One of my favorite themes by McCreary.

The guitar first which then gets joined by the strings and woodwinds. Gorgeous stuff!

His themes for Outlander I think are my favorite from all of his scores. They're all amazing and I have a very special connection to all of them. This is also one of my favorites, but I also love John Grey's theme and the Fraser's Ridge theme. Well, in fact I love all of them and I think they're brilliant! Cannot wait for the rest of S7!

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely hate this movie, but Horner did provide a great score even when he didn't need to. Some nice echoes of "Rolfe Proposes" from The New World, both the OST and the much longer version found on the FYC. The ending on the piano is surprisingly touching precisely for not being too melodramatic.

It's unfortunate that Horner thought the sequel was too awful (and it was indeed horrible) and thus decided not to score it. It wouldn't saved the movie but it would've saved us from Zimmer's horrific Electro dubsteps.

Newman was right when he titled this cue. It's like God Himself was working through him to make music that would make people better appreciate His creation:

This whole score is absolutely magnificent. Why don't we get more like this these days? Someone please get Thomas Newman a romantic melodrama about horses!

• 3 weeks later...

Wish Delerue would've lived 20 more years so he would be able to give us more pieces lile this.

God, I'm crying. This is just astounding music. Hadn't heard this in a while. Maybe it's the headspace I'm in, but this really hit me and I was sobbing my eyes out.

• 4 weeks later...