SAVING PRIVATE RYAN 20th Anniversary Edition from La-La Land Records

Jay

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I've been poor for years!

I didnt wanna tell you because you probably wouldnt speak to me anymore.

Understand me well, I have nothing against poor people, as far as they don't touch me!

:sarcasm:

3 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

SPR will do better than Hook, I presume. Hook the movie has almost no fan base whatsoever. The only people craving the full Hook score are the film score fans.

Hook has been a Christmas staple on TV for over 2 decades now. I'm sure it has a fanbase of some sorts. It's score is certainly far more noticeable in the film than SPR's.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Hook has been a Christmas staple on TV for over 2 decades now. I'm sure it has a fanbase of some sorts. It's score is certainly far more noticeable in the film than SPR's.

What's your favourite movie, ever?

Nobody says Hook, ever.

People say, E.T., Star Wars, Titanic, Saving Private Ryan, The Godfather, even Home Alone etc. But never Hook. 

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Do they say Saving Private Ryan? Favourite movie? really? Must be an extreme minority? 

Yes. Many do say SPR.

Seems like you're out of the loop. If you google "best" or "most beloved" war movie, SPR is almost always in the Top 3. Go figure.

Week 2 of JWFan University: Saving Private Ryan has a massive fanbase, one that eclipses childhood nostalgia favorite of many Hook. I only presume Joerg Stadler gets booked  for conventions left and right, signing autographs and reciting, "Fuck Hitler!" and "Betty Boop, what a dish!" for legions of fans that span all ages.

1 hour ago, phbart said:

Ask her if she wants to see you shaving your private parts. When she says "Wat???", you say "Oh sorry, I meant did you see Saving Private Ryan".

No if she answers "Yes!!!" to the first question... well...

That's worse than my own humour I think.

4 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

Update: Awaiting Shipment.

Heh that was the message I got immediately after ordering and then again this morning.

11 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Certainly not the kind that collects soundtracks and posters or whatever.  More like they're happy when it comes on cable.

Yeah, certainly not the Star Wars or Harry Potter kind of fanbase, or even Titanic or Pulp Fiction.... Not at all.

But my point is, if a movie has a fanbase, any fanbase at all, it can only be advantageous to the soundtrack sales as well!

Well as I said before in this thread, this is probably the one Spielberg/Williams collaboration that didn't acutely need to be expanded.  But hey it has about 2 minutes of unreleased music and the film version of the High School Teacher cue so it is alright. :P 

18 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Well as I said before in this thread, this is probably the one Spielberg/Williams collaboration that didn't acutely need to be expanded.  But hey it has about 2 minutes of unreleased music and the film version of the High School Teacher cue so it is alright. :P 

Not to mention MM's liner notes!

“SHIPPING UPDATE: E.T. 2XLP and SAVING PRIVATE RYAN are unexpectedly delayed a bit by the manufacturer. We will start shipping immediately upon their arrival, which we anticipate being 9/13 (if not before). We apologize for the additional wait and thank you immensely for your patience.”

Fubar...

The same thing happened last year with E.T.

2 hours ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

Anyone else remember Real Player?

I remember Winamp.

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

Anyone still listen to their music on actual CDs played by a CD-player?

Anyone still listen to Josh?