woj

Star Trek: Picard (2020 TV Series)

He does look less 'fake' than he did in the original trailer. Funny he actually had to say to them 'hey, you don't need to make me 80s Data, just Nemesis Data'.

They didn't know that they could just make Data look like he did in Nemesis, and didn't know that Marina wore a wig and more importantly contact lenses, until the actors said something. Are the producers even really paying attention to what they're doing? lol

From that article:

“If you feel that each piece is handcrafted with care, then I think people really appreciate it,” said Alex Kurtzman, an executive producer of the many new “Star Trek” series. “If you feel like a universe is being shoved down your throat for speed and dollars, there’s no faster way to lose an audience.”

Oh boy.

Yeah, hopefully there's some spark there with Stewart involved - and the old returning cast.

Unfortunately they're definitely going to hybridize the TNG Trek with STD's action-oriented shenanigans.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

It's really hard to get excited about anything Trek at CBS as long as Kurtzman is still in charge.  But I'm still going into Picard with cautious optimism.

I find Trek is solid on All Access.  I find the criticism over the top. Don't get me wrong, I am the master of over the top criticism but not for this. 

28 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Why though? Why did he age through the series and the films, and then stop aging after Nemesis?

Because he's dead?

13 minutes ago, Giftheck said:

Because he's dead?

Well, he or B-4 are obviously in this new series. Perhaps in flashbacks though... I've avoided most spoilers, so I don't know and don't want to know. But perhaps that renders my question pointless. Mainly I was thinking of how Spiner argued back then that he couldn't keep playing the character as he aged, because Data wouldn't age, but now he's arguing that It's alright to make him look like older Data rather than younger Data.

18 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Mainly I was thinking of how Spiner argued back then that he couldn't keep playing the character as he aged, because Data wouldn't age

Spiner is ofcourse incorrect, since the season 7 episode Inheritance states that Data does age physically.

The software inside the android might be Data or enough of him, but the hardware is B-4. A prototype. They could explain that he would age more dramatically than the later Data model. I don't know why because changing outer appearance requires more resources and a dynamic skin, but it's scifi. Look at any desktop computer that you might have lying around from the 1980s. Aside from dirt and dust, it didn't get wrinkled.

Data's body is space dust. 

You'd really describe his scores for Fargo as "great"?  While watching, I didn't note anything particular about them one way or the other, beyond the parts where he just imitated Burwell.

1 hour ago, Bryant Burnette said:

Good episode; seems like it's going to be a good series.  Too bad they couldn't be bothered to get some good theme music for it.  Whose ass did Jeff Russo eat to continue to get these jobs, as mediocre as his work is?

It's the way it is these days, unless you watch The Orville.