Has John Williams now completed the Indy 5 score?

Amvanquish

• 3 weeks later...

Did John Williams do the music for the trailer at his first recording session a few months ago.

Maybe some musicians out there who worked on the film and trailer can clarify ?

It's definately not Williams. There are people/companies that specialize in trailer music. Williams has written for a few trailers in the past, but this isn't one of them. I'll stake my life on that. Regarding the trailer itself, I have to admit it gave me chills. I like how you see younger Indy for the fast time just after older Indy says the word "magic", and wow, the young Indy looked absolutely amazing.

For those of you horrified with Indy 5's trailer music, I have some depressing news: most music these days written for big budget Hollywood movies/TV Shows sound exactly like that, without the John Williams themes of course. 

I believe it was Inception who inaugurated a brave new era for Hollywood where the music for the trailer and the actual movie sound exactly the same.

23 hours ago, Amvanquish said:

Did John Williams do the music for the trailer at his first recording session a few months ago.

Maybe some musicians out there who worked on the film and trailer can clarify ?

Not a chance. It is pure modern trailer house music with JW's theme. There is even less of an attempt to sound like JW than any of the SW sequel trilogy film trailers. It's more like the Jurassic World trainer music.

6 hours ago, Edmilson said:

I believe it was Inception who inaugurated a brave new era for Hollywood where the music for the trailer and the actual movie sound exactly the same.

Yes, and in the recent interview, Zimmer claims that it annoys him to no end.