John Powell's HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD (2019) - 2024 Varese Deluxe Edition

Faleel

It's possible that Hellboy II does not start shipping until March 22, and therefore the bundles that include both also don't start shipping until March 22.  But then they accidentally put the message on the independent HTTYD3 page as well.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

It's possible that Hellboy II does not start shipping until March 22, and therefore the bundles that include both also don't start shipping until March 22.  But then they accidentally put the message on the independent HTTYD3 page as well.

That's what I was thinking.

Shipping today.... from the US store? The UK one still shows March and because the int'l site sucks, I seem to have ordered without making an account with which to cancel it.

:banghead:

1 minute ago, Richard Penna said:

Shipping today.... from the US store? The UK one still shows March and I don't seem to even have an account under which I ordered it.

:banghead:

Labels to international customersAngry Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

If there's evidence that the US store is definitely shipping them out now, I might summon the energy to try to cancel my UK order.

It's hardly a grail release though so I might just live without the CD for a bit.

4 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

If there's evidence that the US store is definitely shipping them out now, I might summon the energy to try to cancel my UK order.

Well, the March 22 date IS gone from the site last I checked.

Screenshot_20240223_184948_Firefox.png

I didn't even know about this UK store. I'd had the US store open in one of my tabs for a week or so, so I didn't get the pop-up about it until I refreshed... after I had already placed my order.

Wouldn't have mattered though, since the UK store somehow doesn't offer Serenity, which I had planned on buying along with HTTYD3 to begin with...

12 hours ago, Jay said:

Why go to reddit?  The answers you seek are always on JWFan... in the same thread you're asking the question in!

Good point 😆 

But to be fair, it was Google’s fault for bringing me to Reddit

Had something of a first in ordering this once it was firmly stated it's shipping now. When the order was initially being estimated, it was put at $34.09. However, once it was actually paid, it became $33.50. Turns out they decided to partially refund the tax, without really showing what it was besides the 59¢ they sent back. I'm used to CA having its own unique presence in recent billings, yet this probably was for the state in which the orders get processed at.

Very cool!

I have to wait for Hellboy II to be in stock before I get mine

So Jaws became available again right before Valentine's Day. This comes out right before my wife and son's birthdays. C'mon, labels, have a heart!

(You know, my son likes HTTYD a lot...)

Didn't Powell mention on his insta story that Hidden World would be shipping from the US store before March?

Well yes, that's not the point.  The point is that the Hellboy and Hellboy/Dragon combo pages ALSO went up with March 22 date on them, which ALSO turned out to be incorrect because everything is shipping now.

Mine shipped out of Richmond, Virginia.  I guess that's where their warehouse is?  Or do they have a west coast WH and an east coast WH?

Mine doesn't say where it originated but it's taken since yesterday sometime to get to East Rutherford, NJ. Being 5 hours behind there's still lots of today for it to get moving.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Mine shipped out of Richmond, Virginia.  I guess that's where their warehouse is?  Or do they have a west coast WH and an east coast WH?

Don't know if this means anything, but mine shipped from Virginia as well and I'm about 500 miles closer to LA than to Virginia.

I think they switched their shipping facilities sometime around last year or 2022, since I do remember my initial orders coming out of CA initially before switching to VA. My recent orders elsewhere have come out of that state funnily enough, so I'm guessing it'll get here sooner than the Tuesday estimate I've currently been given.

11 hours ago, Jay said:

My tracking info says it will arrive at my house on Monday

My info has changed to saturday.

Did you all order directly from Varese? I thought a lot of people advised against that these days(?). I had pretty bad luck the one time I did, so I ordered from SAE this time. Not sure if I just had a weird one-off bad experience, or if it was the norm, but from what I read online it seemed more like the norm.

Yes, directly from their US store (after cancelling my int'l order) and if it's at the point in shipping I hope it is (crossing the pond) it's getting here pretty speedily. Evri (UK side) says they're expecting it soon.

For the record the only company I've ever had a proper issue with is BSX - never from Varese, LLL or Intrada.

11 hours ago, Faleel said:

My info has changed to saturday.

Same!

1 hour ago, Tydirium said:

Did you all order directly from Varese?

I did, yes. 

1 hour ago, Tydirium said:

I thought a lot of people advised against that these days(?).

I do not recall reading any posts along those lines

6 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Yes, directly from their US store (after cancelling my int'l order) and if it's at the point in shipping I hope it is (crossing the pond) it's getting here pretty speedily. Evri (UK side) says they're expecting it soon.

For the record the only company I've ever had a proper issue with is BSX - never from Varese, LLL or Intrada.

I should add, while BSX is sloppy, and their email replies are dubious at best, whoever answers the phone number is very studious and fixed every problem that occurred in my last order (missing items).

I'll be specific that the only issue I had with them was years ago that I ordered one title and nothing happened for a few weeks. I then e-mailed them asking when they were going to dispatch it, and they apologised and sent it immediately via whatever the fastest reasonable overseas shipping option was then. My last order (couple of years ago) had no problems at all and I'd happily order again.

Dragon-wise I've had radio silence on tracking for about a day and a half (as of 9.30 Thurs) but I hope that means it's somewhere in the air travel process, and not still stateside.

As of a hour ago mine's in the hands of the UK courier!

That must mean it's passed customs so it can't be more than two days away. Could it arrive tomorrow.....

17 minutes ago, Jay said:

Mine has arrived at my house!

Min still says arriving Saturday, and arrived at Richmond 😢

Mine made it onto the mail route for my old apartment this morning, which is stupid but instead of just delivering it, the carrier at least figured out it needs to be forwarded. Annoying that I could have heard this today, but another day or 2 to wait isn’t so bad.

25 minutes ago, Andy said:

Did you happen to order Hellboy II as well?

Just now, Taikomochi said:

I love the aesthetic unity of all three looking like they were made in MS paint. What a choice!

You must be far more talented in Paint than I am. :)

Although I was struck by the different spine styles on 2 and 3 with 1 saying "2 DISCS"! Niiiiice.

The first is the only one that fully reuses the original OST cover, so it manages to look the best as a result.

The second just needs a font change to look decent. The third..... well, you already know.

8 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

Although I was struck by the different spine styles on 2 and 3 with 1 saying "2 DISCS"! Niiiiice.

That definitely is a difference in manufacturer, given you will occasionally see a few CDs across the past few decades have that on there randomly.

22 minutes ago, Taikomochi said:

If you’re asking me, I did not. 

No I was asking Andy In hopes he could tell us who produced, edited, mixed, and mastered that album