Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

There's a 3-minute clip of some tracks from the HBP album on YouTube (
). So far, the score seems more robust than the last score; still it's not the sound I want to hear for Deathly Hallows. Those scores need to be epic!

Blegh. Terrible.

Quite the opposite. I love what I'm hearing there - can't wait for the album now.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really tell if I like it or not from just those samples, but they sounded okay to me. I'll wait to get the album, though.

No, after that sample there's a cute horn motif - it follows Hedwig's Theme. If you want to hear it in full go to harrypotter.com.

Just coincidence or is that a little bit of Window to the Past I'm hearing in Inferi in the Firestorm? (About 1 minute in.)

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of numbers, according to Metacritic, the latest film is third best reviewed Potter film at 80 (out of 100), right behind Azkaban and Goblet of Fire, which are tied at 81.

• 3 months later...

CoS doesn't need to be any longer, though.

If they're going to milk the cash cow together with the release of the final movie the time would be right for some complete scores.

They're not really extended editions; I think they're just restoring the deleted scenes from the DVDs back into the movies themselves. They've been showing PS and CoS like that on Australian TV anyway. It doesn't make much of a difference. There's tracked music and in some cases unfinished special effects. It's certainly not going to be the impressive labour of love that the LOTR extended editions were.

In my opinion they were all far too long, with the exception of PoA which was just the right length.

Re-inserting deleted scenes results in extended editions. :) It depends on the scenes (I don't recall these) whether it's worthwhile.

CoS doesn't need to be any longer, though.

Well... it needs to be more coherent. This could be done with scenes that tie the current patchwork together, but it probably ended up the way it is not because too much was cut but because it was written that way.

I've seen Fan Edits that re-inserted the deleted scenes for the first 4 movies. They were all improved by the additional scenes. It's still annoying what they never FILMED, like explaining the map in POA, the awesome maze stuff from the book in GOF, the Dept of Mysteries Chase and better explanation of the prophecy from OOTP, and ending battle from HBP.

Here's the video teaser for the special editions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riH1ZYYkAoM

So I guess it's

Harry Potter 1 & 2 Extended Editions - Dec 2009

Harry Potter 7: Part 1 in theaters - Nov 2010

Harry Potter 3 & 4 Extended Editions - Dec 2010

Harry Potter 7: Part 1 on DVD: May 2011

Harry Potter 7: Part 2 in Theaters: July 2011

Harry Potter 7: Part 2 on DVD: Dec 2011

Harry Potter 5 & 6 Extended Editions: Dec 2011

Harry Potter 7: Parts 1 & 2 Extended Editions: Dec 2012

Yea its too bad they weren't releasing expanded scores alongside the new DVDs. Well, I suppose there's still time

Actually, I don't even know how much music from movies 4-6 didn't make it to their OSTs. I only like 1-3

Yeah...actually, I don't even know that much about how much was unreleased for COS. I really just care about SS and POA. (And, of course, I hope that DH will fall under that category, too...)

I only like 1-3

And hopefully 7a and 7b :)

Indeed!

They could at least have isolated scores.

That would be incredible, but not bloody likely

A 5.1 isolated score would make me buy the first three instantly.

I don't think it'll happen though. They didn't take the opportunity when they did the extended 3 disc of Gladiator and that's Zimmer, who's a God in lay terms.

• 1 month later...

I just heard David Yates has been sacked after completing only 70% of Deathly Hallows Part II, to be replaced by Richard Lester, who will re-shoot much of Yates' material and complete the film in a more comedic manner. John Williams has walked off the project.

Hahahaha.

In all seriousness, though, looks like there will be some degree of nudity in two scenes of DH. Sounds like a lame attempt at maturing the series to me. Then again, I was pleasantly surprised by Yates's work on HBP (mostly), so maybe the same thing'll happen with this one.

"There is another scene in Kings Cross station, where Harry almost diesand sees Dumbledore. In that scene he will also be naked," he added.

So it follows logically that Dumbledore will be naked as well? Yeah, okay... :)

Sarcasm detector is on the blink, so I've got no idea how to take that last post. Harry will be naked in the Kings Cross sequence while Dumbledore will be fully clothed, as described in the chapter. The article states that Dan is getting his kit off twice, no mention of Michael Gambon. That's what I assumed you meant in the first place, that they were implying Dumbledore will be naked too. It's really hard to tell with your minimalistic comments.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviewshd/bdreviews120409.html

By the way, for those of you wondering if Warner plans to continue this series of Ultimate Editions with all the rest of the films, the answer is yes. Inserts in the packaging claim that the Ultimate Editions for Years 3-7 will be "available soon", and the packaging even lists the tentative titles of the future installments of the Creating the World of Harry Potter documentary series (Part 3: Magical Creatures, Part 4: The Music of Harry Potter, Part 5: The Evolution of Harry Potter, Part 6: Special Effects, Part 7: Growing Up Potter and Part 8: The Harry Potter Phenomenon) that will be included on them.