Worst Soundtrack from a major composer....

hoby12

Post Below the name of the WORST soundtrack composed for a major film by a major composer.....

lets just say you cannot use any James Horner films......

or else this would be too easy

I guess after some thought my choice is

Cats Eye - Alan Silvestri

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god please let me add:

Gods And Generals

which might be the worst soundtrack of all time ---- considering its the prequel of my all time favorite score Gettysburg.

Possibly Pirates of the Caribbean . . . Badelt isn't really major, but I always think of it as a Zimmer score for some reason.

Ray Barnsbury-who does not own any bad scores

Worst soundtrack from a major composer has to be (excluding Horner) without a second thought

Howard Shore: Copland

A score has to be pretty bad to be worse than this. Absolutely hideous. Bought it by mistake. Listened to it only twice in the 4 years I've had it.

Oh god please let me add:

Gods And Generals

which might be the worst soundtrack of all time ---- considering its the prequel of my all time favorite score Gettysburg.

Frizzel and Edelman are concidered major?

Morlock- who think both G&G being the worst and Gettysburg being the best is lunacy.

Worst soundtrack from a major composer has to be (excluding Horner) without a second thought

Howard Shore: Copland

I've only heard it in the movie, which I've seen only once, several years ago. That was before Shore's LOTR time, and I wasn't a Shore fan or anything in those days. As far as I remember, it seemed a typical "hard to listen on its own" score to me (which goes for Se7en as well, which I nowadays find very good even on CD), but worked very well within the movie.

Marian - who therefore remembers it being a good score. ;)

John Barry -- Enigma

John Debney -- I Know What You Did Last Summer

Danny Elfman -- Flubber

Jerry Goldsmith -- Hollow Man

James Horner -- Enemy at the Gates

John Williams

Hans Zimmer -- tie between Pearl Harbor and The Thin Red Line

David Arnold -- The World Is Not Enough

Elmer Bernstein

Patrick Doyle

Randy Edelman (Heard Too Few To Judge)

Cliff Eidelman (HTFTJ)

Elliot Goldenthal -- Heat

Lee Holdridge (HTFTJ)

James Newton Howard -- Runaway Bride

Trevor Jones -- Cliffhanger

Mark McKenzie (HTFTJ)

Thomas Newman

John Ottman (HTFTJ)

Basil Poledouris -- On Deadly Ground

Rachel Portman -- Hart's War

Alan Silvestri -- Eraser

Christopher Young (HTFTJ)

John Barry -- Enigma

Danny Elfman -- Flubber

Nothing wrong with any of these.

The World Is Not Enough is brilliant!

John Barry -- Enigma

Danny Elfman -- Flubber

Nothing wrong with any of these.

The World Is Not Enough is brilliant!

Steef, any difference of opinion is the key to the way our music collections look like. They're not the same and that's fine.

Anyway, especially with Basil it was hard to mark one as the "worst". Here I hope "the worst" doesn't imply "generally bad and unlistenably flubby, just picked the ones I think I like the least of all I know per each note penner.

With Hans Zimmer, it was tough to pick just one. ;)

John Williams-Attack of the Clones

expectations were so high and the results were so low, not quite garbage, but for John it's easily the worst score in the last 10 or 15 years.

I was already wondering why AotC didn't get mentioned earlier... :roll:

- Marc

;) John Williams - Indy's Very First Adventure from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Dammit. I forgot an emoticon. Let me fix that.

I was already wondering why AotC didn't get mentioned earlier...  :roll:  

- Marc

;) John Williams - Indy's Very First Adventure from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

There we go.

To your choice, most of the others above, and the thread in general.

There was music in the Patriot??

Obviously you have not heard cat's eye.

I am not positive but I am pretty sure that people can still have opinions in the year 2004. But I will have to double check that.....

The Patriot comments - :)

And then one said - whats wrong with Enemy at the Gates??? :roll:

And why not James Horner???

An Oscar winning "A Beautiful Mind"..... WHATEVER!

Oh the most horrible ST in my collection: Troy.

The Patriot is Awesome and Excellent!!

I'm going to have to mention Horner here: Troy.

Elfman: Flubber

David Arnold -- Die Another Day

Completely agree with you. I happened to get my hands on the recently "released" boot of the score and it's quite good, despite being not up to par of the others. The score is definitely not well represented on album. Stupid Madonna extras... Anyways, even though it's Arnold's worst (that I've heard, o' course), it still ranks among one of my favourites. "Moneypenny" is beautiful. Even better than "Going Down Together" (on the album; "Diamonds" on the boot).

By the way, I'm well aware Yoda said TWINE. I just happen to disagree with it.

There's a prmo version of the DAD score! How on earth did I miss that and where on earth can you get this little gem

Brian99_1 - who loves his Bond music!

Obviously you have not heard cat's eye.  

I am not positive but I am pretty sure that people can still have opinions in the year 2004.  But I will have to double check that.....

I have heard it, I think Silvestri's Identity was worse. It's just the answer's going around here...opinions are fine, but concidering all the completely unremarkable and bad scores people have done- The Patriot? AoTC? The World is Not Enough? Enigma? Enemy at The Gates? Gods and Generals? Troy? Mr. Baseball? Die Another Day?

Have any of you heard Daddy-o?

I hope that I do not get yelled at for this, but it is my opinion...

Howard Shore - Lord of the Rings (All of them)

I say this because any composer could have made that soundtrack. To me, the soundtrack is very close to the works of Carl Orff.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Jerry Goldsmith's S*P*Y*S. It's hideous, and actually replaced a score written by John Scott. I wonder how awful that was...

Its true, there are plenty of bad sountracks.

Because it's true. Handel and Monteverdi ripped off Orff too. That's how great Carmina Burana is.

Seriously where would Orff have been without good old Mozart Requim or Haydn -The Creation ??? I think the Mozart is one of the first

truly aggressive, spiritual type. Sure there are the Bach masses which are great and other pieces of opera - but mozart did something different. The Mozart Req = Beethoven 9.

I think what Orff did that is really cool with burana is legit the childrens choir and using the low range of men vocalists in a barbaric sense. In otherwords the other pieces besides o fortuna. Which surely Mr. Shore had laying around during LOTR. Its a really great piece - but anything would sound good with that many people scratching away and screaming.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Jerry Goldsmith's S*P*Y*S.  It's hideous, and actually replaced a score written by John Scott.  I wonder how awful that was...

Speak for yourself! I love Goldsmiths S*P*Y*S. I'll listen to that again before I ever play Logan's Run.

Neil

So Duel Of The Fates is a rip off, according to you?

If you were referring to me, than no.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Jerry Goldsmith's S*P*Y*S.  It's hideous, and actually replaced a score written by John Scott.  I wonder how awful that was...

Speak for yourself! I love Goldsmiths S*P*Y*S. I'll listen to that again before I ever play Logan's Run.

I concur. A very, very fun score, I loe listening to it.

Neil

You don't even like the "outdoors" cues and the love theme?

K.M.Who thinks Logan's Run has 3 or 4 of Goldsmith's best cues ever,but doesn't care for the rest of the score.

K.M.2 Who never heard SPYS

Because it's true. Handel and Monteverdi ripped off Orff too. That's how great Carmina Burana is.

:?

What's all this?

It's ridiculing the comment that all big choir stuff are ripped off of Orff. I assumed that would be more clear.