About publicist

• Rank

Contact Methods

• Website URL
Profile Information

Berlin, Germany

Recent Profile Visitors

14731 profile views
  1. Alan Silvestri's READY PLAYER ONE (2018)

Not a very high benchmark, though. Reminds me of 'The Rescuers Down Under' and several early to mid 90's - not 80's - scores by the likes of Silvestri, Debney & Co. It's nice.
  2. Alan Silvestri's READY PLAYER ONE (2018)

You were the only one to get it;)
  3. What Is The Last Score You Listened To?

Go on. It's a kind of 90's sweet saccharine, with strong Horner and Barry touches. Not bad as such! McKenzie learned the ropes with the best.
  4. What Is The Last Score You Listened To?

In cues like this you hear old, complex Jerry quite uncommon for the crash/bang days of 'Air Force One' and 'The Mummy':
  5. Spotify

I gladly pay the 10€ for the better audio quality.
  6. What Is The Last Score You Listened To?

Just re-discovered this (very lyrical) foundling in Hollywood's huge 'rejected' basket from the 90's. Typical Nyman, but at least it's his own brand of minimalism (tidbit: he coined the term), ranging between peppy and bittersweet. Compared to the lame rom-com score Silvestri turned in for this witchcraft whimsy, it's out-and-out Oscar-worthy.
  7. The Classical Music Recommendation Thread

Groundwork for oh-so many of Goldsmith's bigger action/adventure cues, i. e. Star Trek: Nemesis or Total Recall.
  8. Another Spielberg possibility: Robopocalypse

Just that he stopped pleasing them a long time ago. Again, what's your frame of reference here? The way you use this term suggests that there are boatloads of them in the profession.
  9. Another Spielberg possibility: Robopocalypse

It's easy to spot Spielberg's directorial trademarks - his fluidity even in a total lame-o bland movie like 'The Post' is remarkable and towers above the pictorial tendencies of workmanlike directors like Ridley Scott (probably held in the same regard today). It's just that he denies his true talents to churn out award-friendly cabbage no one needs. Something like that Montezuma story done never happens, instead we get The BFG and The Post.
  10. Another Spielberg possibility: Robopocalypse

'Everyone else'? You mean apart from the 0.3% film directors who have? (e. g. von Trier and such)
  11. What Is The Last Score You Listened To?

A love theme to fall in love with...
  12. Another Spielberg possibility: Robopocalypse

You're just an old brown noser.
  13. What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Oh, i find Sirk a much more sophisticated kind of fellow. Imitation of Life, ie, features insightful commentary on american race relations and the role of women hidden between the lines that is better than many overt dramas of the last 20 years.
  14. What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

The film that inspired Luke Skywalker's theme - or so legend has it - and its a romp. But i struggled manfully through 2 hours of more or less glorious Hollywood kitsch full of blissful small town camp. Ronald Reagan gets his legs amputated by a mad doctor!