Frequent Poster

Contact Methods

• ICQ 0

Profile Information

• Gender Male
  • Location Austria/Styria

Recent Profile Visitors

9823 profile views
  1. I want to continue my search for the best John Williams tracks of each of his music types/styles (Action Music, Adventure Music, Downbeat/Sad Music, Romantic/Love Music,...). If someone would ask you for a John Williams playlist of his best Upbeat / Positive / Feel Good music, which tracks would you choose? My random order of John Williams best Upbeat / Feel Good music would be: 01) "Journey to the Island" (From Jurassic Park) 02) "Space Camp" (From Space Camp) 03) "To Charleston" (From The Patriot) 04) "Throne Room and Finale" (From Star Wars) 05) "Return to the Village / Raiders March" (From Temple of Doom) 06) "Rouge City" (From Artificial Intelligence) 07) "Jim's New Life" (From Empire of the Sun) 08) "The Flying Sequence" (From Hook) 09) "Short Round's Theme" (From Temple of Doom) 10) "Olympic Fanfare and Theme" (Comissioned for the Los Angeles ’84 Olympic Games) 11) "Follow Me" (From Always) 12) "Doctor, Lawyer, Lutheran" (From Catch Me If You Can) 13) "Main Title" (From Star Wars) 14) "Entry into the Great Hall" (From Harry Potter 1) 15) "Arrival in New York" (From Home Alone 2) 16) "The Open Sea" (From Jaws 2) 17) "Banning Back Home (Film Version)" (From Hook) 18) "Snowy's Theme" (From Tintin)
  2. The Force Awakens ALBUM Discussion (No Film Spoilers)

A good but disappointing score. I share the criticism some of you brought up. Rey's theme is great, very versatile and gets developed a lot across the soundtrack. I also like most of the old theme appearances ( Force theme, Luke, Han and Leia, Leia, Rebel fanfare and the Imperial March) and its orchestrations. The action music is problematic in its anonymity. Why is the recurring action motif / Finn's motif appearing almost always in the same orchestrations. The other problem is the lack of engaging themes apart from Rey and Poe's themes. I don't dig the March of the resistance. Kylo Ren's theme is solid but not developed enough. Finn's theme seems to be the above mentioned action motif. Then there is the anonymity of the First Order. Why isn't there a first order theme? A missed opportunity for a catchy and classic JW march. All in all sadly the weakest of the Starwars scores... my ranking 1) TESB 2) TPM 3) SW 4) RotS 5) RotJ 6) AOTC 7) TFA I really hope JW returns for Episode VIII and IX. Even though this score wasn't as good as expected it is better than everything else which was composed this year.
  3. Can i buy the lalaland releases (Home Alone, Braveheart) also from the intrada store (Jaws 1 and 2), cause i don't want to pay shipping to Europe twice?
  4. Somebody's Getting Married!

Congrats, all the best to you and your wife!
  5. ? Why do you think the June sessions were 3 days when there are all these reports and twitter posts posted around 5 days (monday to friday). Then there also is Ricards Main Page post about his source attending a session on June 25th (a date which he later removed out of unknown reasons) So in June alone we should have had at least 6 days of recording sessions!
  6. Your Top Picks 2000-2015!

Your Top 5 JW scores: 1) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 2) War Horse 3) Starwars Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith 4) Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone 5) Starwars Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones Your Top 5 film scores, regardless of composer: 1) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 2) The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring 3) War Horse 4) Starwars Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith 5) The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Your Top 5 movies: 1) Starwars Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith 2) The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring 3) The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King 4) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 5) The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers And i like so many more: Minority Report, Meet the Parents, Mission Impossible 4, Skyfall, Interstellar, Dark Knight, Gladiator
  7. The Force Awakens Score Details

Ricard post it on the main page and a few posts up in this thread, another report about an additional recording session on june 25 which is described as "beyond anything I have experienced musically in my life". It also means that there were already at minimum 6 session days, probably more ( first 5 days in june, june 25,...). There are probably around 12 minutes recorded on average per day which means most of the score is already in the can
  8. The Force Awakens Score Details

Great news, thanks for the report Ricard! Don't let you wear down by posts like the last three here from Crumbs, Bespin and BB who had nothing better to reply than sarcastic non comments in response to big and fantastic news like this. It's such a bummer to nowadays have to read through all these bollock and totally unfunny non posts littered around every thread and making it difficult to discuss or even find serious quality discussions. Nevertheless there are still those who are positive and get gossebumps looking forward to this magical event of a new and seemingly fantastic JW Starwars score.
  9. After the wonderful HTTYD scores i think John Powell would be a great choice!
  10. AOTC is ugly, terribly acted, and nonsensical, but I wouldn't call it boring. There's so much to gawk at. It's hilarious how miscalculated the romance is. Anakin is clearly a psychopath (and later in the movie, a murderer) yet Padme still falls in love with him for some reason. Prequel bashing deluxe. Wait till you see how hard episode VII sucks. At least nothing will be as bad, ugly and ruined as the Hobbit films!
  11. 2015 Forum Language discussion

Just saw this thread now... my replies from the other thread! Thanks for your understanding. I know that i should just ignore trollposts and believe me i usually do... just sometimes it gets too much. Sometimes you have to face and respond to a troll (even if that's what the troll wanted to provoke). Well back to TFA. I really like the color timing of the trailer. I hope that this is pretty much final. It's vibrant and realistic but not too overbearing. Only the troop shot on the snow planet looks a bit iffy but that may be wip CGI. And the white winged TIEs have style. Quintus, on 17 Apr 2015 - 12:47 PM, said: Yeah well, someone kinda had to face the troll Jay i agree with you! Jay, on 17 April 2015 - 05:52 PM
  12. 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' SCORE speculation

That was the "main" factor but the scoring process of POA certainly didn't encourage him to continue (allegedly). It's crazy that there is almost nothing known about the PoA scoring process considering it got us one of JW post 1993 masterpieces.
  13. 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' SCORE speculation

Jaws was underwhelming in that department. The real scary stuff as a child was the vodoo ceremony in TOD. As an adult the only Spielberg film i found a bit scary was Minority Report, which still remains his best film after Saving Private Ryan. Lol!