Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson 2017)

Dixon Hill

Never! Rey is a Child Of The Force! Born from the light side, like Ani was born from the dark!

2 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Truths beyond your perceivable field of vision and knowledge. 

Go watch some Star Trek and Doctor who and I'll buy a PS4!

Don't pretend to be any less disinterested in certain things then me.

Please please please don't just give us;

- Rey is trained to face Kylo like Luke was by Yoda.

- Luke dies in his little cave house like Yoda.

- Rey defeats Kylo, like Luke does to Vader.

Boooooring.

I want something mental like Rey to go evil and kill Luke, then Kylo redeems himself by killing Rey, who is revealed to be the daughter of Snoke or some shit.

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Never! Rey is a Child Of The Force! Born from the light side, like Ani was born from the dark!

Go watch some Star Trek and Doctor who and I'll buy a PS4!

It'd be just in time to form up with my mates and I in Destiny 2!

Anyway, your point is moot - because I am aware that Gold's Doctor Who music is very good. 

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

Kylo killed Han! There is no redemption for him. He must die!

The Prophets tell us even the worst of us can be redeemed.

53 minutes ago, igger6 said:

I love the first half of this trailer's soundtrack.  It's perfect, no matter who composed it—and it sounds awfully acoustic to me.

I LOLed at that Giacchino Lost moment. In any case, effective!

Would be very surprised to find JW had any involvement in it, though. The callbacks to Rey's theme, Kylo, The Abduction—it sounds like trailer composers who got to play in JW's sandbox of TFA themes.

I would like to see if they have balls.  Rey turns and Luke has to kill her.  But I doubt Disney would have the balls to kill off their first heroine.  She's a money maker for them for years to come.

2 minutes ago, Quintus said:

There's no chance whatsoever of that. Star Wars is and always will be a rousing and predicable story. 

Well, they did kill everyone off in Rogue One which was ballsy.

6 minutes ago, stewdog1 said:

Well, they did kill everyone off in Rogue One which was ballsy.

They had to die because they don't appear in the OT.

So, no, Disney doesn't have balls.

Bring back Lucas and his balls!

The Death Star's destruction of the Imperial archive planet explains why they only ever build Death Stars again at Endor and Starkiller planet. They forget how to build anything else. 

Listening to the first half again, the less and less like Williams it sounds—the Giacchino string slides, the awkward hit that it lands on, and the random male voice sample.

50 minutes ago, Quintus said:

The modulated choir is the only aspect which immediately stands out as being particularly un-Williamsy to me. 

Which is something that could have been added later on.

3 hours ago, Bespin said:

We have a poster

L’image contient peut-être : une personne ou plus, nuit et texte

Reveal hidden contents

It looks visually consistent with The Force Awakens, but obviously a different story and approach. Some really gorgeous shots and some beautiful new Williams music (it sounds like a mixture of Williams original score with trailer music).

I like how they revealed almost nothing about the film, in terms of spoilers.

3 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Note that Luke's face is red, too, which suggest he'll also turn to the Dark Side.

The fact that the sky is also red suggests that the sky could turn to the Dark Side too.

I'm not surprised to hear this overly simplistic interpretation from a rapid Transformers fan.

I think they will go where some (now non canon) novels went about Luke... he became so "visionnary" that is truth will tell him to do things that seems very bad... but that will enventually turns good. So in the next episode they will try to suggest that Luke has turned to the dark side.... or lost his mind... but it's not the case.

Also that poster... Like Father, like daughter.

L’image contient peut-être : une personne ou plus

I think some dark side temptation for Rey is inevitable but I don't think they'll have her straight up joining the First Order or anything. I can't imagine a scenario where that would feel anything but incongruous, but maybe something could happen in 8 that might cause her to abandon the Resistance and go rogue for 9. Perhaps with Luke and/or Kylo Ren.

5 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

I think some dark side temptation for Rey is inevitable but I don't think they'll have her straight up joining the First Order or anything. I can't imagine a scenario where that would feel anything but incongruous, but maybe something could happen in 8 that might cause her to abandon the Resistance and go rogue for 9. Perhaps with Luke and/or Kylo Ren.

I think the poster suggest that Rey will bring back Luke and Kylo to the light side.

She clearly replace the red by the blue...

3 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

So, how was your family dinner, Will?

Great! Haha. And no, I wasn't thinking about TLJ the whole time. Just occasionally. :)

So just saw the trailer again.  While the Kenobi line "seduced by the dark side" is there, when they show Leia, it has her quote "help me Obi-wan Kenobi", barely above a whisper.

Considering that Kenobi's voice was also in TFA, it is telling me a lot that Kenobi will somehow play a role in one of these last two movies.  Maybe her being the granddaughter of Kenobi might have merit.  Might.

Not that this in any way indicates that other composers couldn't have done this music, but as soon as I heard that opening blast I thought of this: