Jump to content
Jay

Michael Giacchino's SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME (2019)

Recommended Posts

What a coincidence! I'm listening to Spider-Man Homecoming right now. It's so groovy and fun (Academic Decommitment) and also great action writing (High Tech Heist and An Old Van Rundown) and relatively memorable material. Lots of fun to listen to. I am excited for the next, especially in the light of Giacchino's most recent sequel scores, Fallen Kingdom and Incredibles 2, which are just so great.:rock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

Awesome news, I thoroughly enjoyed the first movie and OST!

 

Agreed!

 

1 minute ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

What a coincidence! I'm listening to Spider-Man Homecoming right now. It's so groovy and fun (Academic Decommitment) and also great action writing (High Tech Heist and An Old Van Rundown) and relatively memorable material. Lots of fun to listen to. I am excited for the next, especially in the light of Giacchino's most recent sequel scores, Fallen Kingdom and Incredibles 2, which are just so great.:rock:

 

Agreed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't move them because Mark posted the videos in the same post as a reply to an unrelated conversation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only really big blockbuster type movies that open after it this summer are Lion King and Hobbes and Shaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully we get a digital release on Friday June 28th ahead of the physical release on Friday July 5th!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow that's cool Sony put out two tracks like that today!

 

Far From Home Suite Home is pretty good!

 

0:00-2:30ish is a nice update to the Main Theme, I love the new direction it takes after the familiar opening!

 

2:30ish-4:13 ish = sounds like a new love theme?  It's pretty melancholy though, so perhaps its more of a theme about him thinking about Tony and his role as the "new Iron Man"

 

4:13ish-7:10ish = Avengers theme cameo?  Then perhaps Mysterio's theme?

 

7:10-end = main theme reprise, with a slightly updated ending

 

 

Bridge and Love’s Burning is the new love theme I guess?  It's... not as good as the love theme from Homecoming.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^

Well that 4:13ish-7:10ish bit is clearly a Mysterio theme. It's nice, like a classic "evil mechanism on the lab" theme, akin to Giacchino's Syndrome theme.

 But more classic RCPish.

 

Come to think of it, the 5:00 onwards does remind me of this bit from Powell's handcock:

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me it kinda sounds like 4:13 is Silvestri's Avengers theme, and then with each permutation after it begins morphing towards a new version of theme until it's fully Mysterio's Theme.  This could make sense because IIRC in the film he's from a parallel universe, so perhaps in his universe he's one of the Avengers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jay said:

Wow that's cool Sony put out two tracks like that today!

 

Far From Home Suite Home is pretty good!

 

0:00-2:30ish is a nice update to the Main Theme, I love the new direction it takes after the familiar opening!

 

2:30ish-4:13 ish = sounds like a new love theme?  It's pretty melancholy though, so perhaps its more of a theme about him thinking about Tony and his role as the "new Iron Man"

 

4:13ish-7:10ish = Avengers theme cameo?  Then perhaps Mysterio's theme?

 

7:10-end = main theme reprise, with a slightly updated ending

 

 

Bridge and Love’s Burning is the new love theme I guess?  It's... not as good as the love theme from Homecoming.

 

 

It's better.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

To me it kinda sounds like 4:13 is Silvestri's Avengers theme,

Perhaps it's a theme for Nick Fury?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...