What does your username mean?

King Mark

I already asked this in a past message board,but now there is so many new members I thought it would be interesting to repeat.Another way to put it is how you came about choosing your screename and why?

King Mark is a name I would always use when I used to play role playing computer games like the Ultima series.

K.M.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chs058 was my first login name on a computer at my universuity (ETH Zürich) that was back 8 years ago. I was chemistry student number 058. Not very spectacular.

Mine came about because of the weird way I was named when I was born My first name is Brian and my middle name is Jeremy but everyone has always used Jeremy. So Years ago when I started sigining up for things on the internet I went and used Brian, the 99 came when I noticed that on this particular site Brian was already used and so was Brian99 SO I added the _1 and it has been my username for almost every internet thing I ever use. :(

Exciting huh! :):):(

Brian99_1 - who has though about changing the name several times.

I'm Joe in Arkansas, Little Rock to be exact. Its wholly original and and a vastly exciting screen name.

And as Stefan will sometimes note my first name is Walter, but only the nuns in 1st to 6th grade ever called me that.

To my friends and family I have always been Joe, Joey, JoJo, Little Joe(my dad was big Joe), but never Joseph since that isn't my name.

I use the same screen name in all film and music forums, but in my sports forums I am known as joehogjoe, which is similar to the football cheer Go Hogs Go, I forgot to put the s on hogs in my screen name.

I was Stefancos 2, but when we move here someone else registered that name.

My name is Dave Stewart. Stewdog1 is just a play on my last name. Back in high school somone for some strange reason called me that. So it stuck as a username. The 1 is just because I'm #1 :)

I'm no good at making up usernames so one day I went thru the phonebook and found this name.......

I'm kidding :) this is my real name and I'm not in the phonebook.

"If everything is ready here on the dark side of the moon, play the five tones." -- Close Encounters of the Third Kind

The CE3K motif is one that goes beyond likes and dislikes, beyond style and fashion or historical context; it's simply a signal: a symbol of cosmic intelligence, and a reflection of nature's grand sonic designs -- namely, the harmonic series and the auditory system.

Did it have to be those particular five tones? Of course not, but they're great choices!

The five tones as a set of harmonic ratios is 9:10:8:4:6

By contrast, the first seven notes of Luke's Theme as a set of harmonic ratios is

24:36:32:30:27:48:36

The Five Tones, in a mad scientist kind of mood.

By contrast, the first seven notes of Luke's Theme as a set of harmonic ratios is

I have no idea what that means :)

Joe.

I have no idea what that means :)

Joe.

Don't worry. Neither do I.

The surname(¿?) of the main character of one of the best films of the nineties, directed by an odd, eccentric but great director, producer, sketcher and writer named Tim Burton.

coughcoughripoffcoughcough

Just kidding, I just did the same post a few months ago.

My name says it all, I'm Ross. Malcolm is my other name. My parents are huge Hamlet fans. Thank they're not Julius Caesar fans, or my name would be Trebonius Artemidorus Worinsky. LOL

-ROSS, who once toyed with the idea of making a post similar to this one only about the signatures and avatars.

My name came from a string quartet, The Romantic String Quartet, from a cruise I went on a few years ago. I liked to listen to them every evening before dinner. That's all. It has no meaning otherwise.

~Conor

My username is a cop that is more or less a secretary to Comissioner Gordon in the Batman Graphic Novels Batman year one and the Dark Knight Returns. He's really a inor character, but I hope some fo the comic fans of the board know what I'm talking about.

'Dalboz' was a powerful wizard and the third Dungeon Master of the Great Underground Empire of Zork . . .

:) The Rocketeer, Horner

Which reminds me, I've been meaning to ask,

What happened to RÉn with the thingy on the E? I thought it was good.

-ROSS

ah,

thé é

how i lové the é,

lét mé count thy ways.

I changed it when I turned into "boring Ren" because my style took up too much space.....I just never changed it back.

:(

PBL are my initials... I kept signing like that since high school when I'll have to book in advance the piano room for the week... instead of writing my long odd name, in just 1 second: PBL ! that was done.

Btw, my real name is Philippe Barbey-Lallia

and not Pretty Beautiful Lady LOL (cause, you know... I'm a man...)

Mine is from my middle name (Ray) and my street (Barnsbury Rd.) I think that's the formula for finding your soap opera name: Middle name, street name. Kind of fun. :(

Ray Barnsbury

Mine is pretty simple: the name of the lead character of the greatest TV show ever, Farscape. So great it got cancelled. :angry:

By the way, John IS my real name, it's just an amazing coincidence!

It took me 10 minutes to post this, my computer at school is soooooooo slow. :(

Last December, I wrote a list of the five best films of 2001 for my newspaper. As an added bonus, they added a new category: what role we would like to play in a movie. Instantly, I knew I always wanted to be the trumpeteer playing the Imperial March every time Darth Vader entered the room. I thought of that as something Mel Brooks could have done in "Sapceballs," but I thought Lucas should have really added that for the Special Edition.

And that should also explain my signature.

Jeff -- who can't play one decent note on a trumpet :(

At the old messageboard another member already took peterpan as a username, so I skipped the r and it became Petepan.

I chose it because of Hook. And because I want to be The Flying Dutchman

My real name, well it is Rinze Anne van der Sluis. So, no international career for me...

Too often English speaking people think it is a girl's name, because of Anne. I get a lot of letters for mrs. Rinze Anne. Jeeezz!

My dad's name is just Anne. He is subscribed to a Swiss magazine and the keep writing him as Frau Anne. LOL

If somebody could make a nice international name for me, since my own is not to pronounce I guess.

When I was in Chna for half a year my name was Ray. R.A. --> you see?

I chose mine in a rush and am no longer satisfied with that. I thought I wouldn't keep returning here for that long. Had I known better before, I would have chosen something litle more normal. Although I take that no one could care less about my nickname, I will change it to my favorite character from HP, Draco Malfoy, so from tomorrow I'll be signing in as Dr.Malfoy unless someone else pinches it........ I won't change my avatar though, R2D2 looks a bit like me, plus using a picture of my favorite character (actor) could be in discord with copy rights. :(

Yoda Longbottom, your nick is fine, but still it's better to keep a mediocre nick than change it, unless you are trying to escape a reputation :(

Magnus, just my name... I could have been nicked as 'Dark Dingus' or Rascal One, however... these are pretty silly :(

Yoda Longbottom, your nick is fine, but still it's better to keep a mediocre nick than change it, unless you are trying to escape a reputation :(

Okay, I'll keep it then. Only thought almost 3 Yodas on one MB were a bit too many (Yoda Claus had registered before plus we have Adoy here too). Thanks, Morn.

YoL.-)

My username is a cop that is more or less a secretary to Comissioner Gordon in the Batman Graphic Novels Batman year one and the Dark Knight Returns. He's really a inor character, but I hope some fo the comic fans of the board know what I'm talking about.

Yes, I know what you're talking about... And loved you're new avatar!

Only thought almost 3 Yodas on one MB were a bit too many (Yoda Claus had registered before plus we have Adoy here too).

I used to think Yoda Claus and St. Yodes were the same, but I never confused your nick with somebody else's. :)

Marian - who thinks "Yoda Longbottom" is a fun nick.

Well my first name is John. Obviously. My friends and I used to listen to, and sing along to, a NJ punk band called "Bouncing Souls" a lot. They wrote a song called "The Ballad of Johnny X" which, to them, related very well to me and my life at the time. It still does, kind of. Anyway, so they started calling me "Johnny X". When I started using that as my nickname, pretty much everywhere, "Johnny X" was already taken up. I liked it so much, that I decided to just spell out the letter "X" which is E.C.K.S. and I low and behold, that nick wasn't taken anywhere. So I've been using that one everywhere. I used to have a nick of Soundtrack Fan, spelled Sndtkfan, but it is so generic and boring that I decided to go old school and pick a nick that had meaning behind it.

There, thats my boring story.

I knew I always wanted to be the trumpeteer playing the Imperial March every time Darth Vader entered the room.

Jeff -- who can't play one decent note on a trumpet  :)

OK, I get what you're saying, but for reference Vader's theme is usually played on the lower brass -- the trombones and the horns (but not always).

Five Tones, who always hated when people called his bass a "guitar", his congas "bongos", and his synthesizer an "organ."

My favorite thing about the SW movies was always the epic space battles. I always envisioned myself zooming down the Death Star II shafts chasing after Lando Calrissian.

I thought of naming myself Wedge Antilles, but that seemed to close to a specific character. I wanted something more impersonal. So I chose Rogue Leader since Rogue Squadron is the most ass kicking force in the galaxy.