FSM Reissues "The Accidental Tourist"

Delorean90

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes!!!!!!

Thank god I've always held off on buying a copy off of eBay.

Spacecamp & The Accidental Tourist are the only 2 Williams albums that I don't have the actual CD for, just CD-R's.

FSM reissues the original album program (which was thoughtfully assembled for listening purposes and comprised almost all of the score), remastered from the original Warner Bros. Records tapes and chronicled with new liner notes by Williams authority Jeff Eldridge—including reel and part breakdowns of the component cues.

They've also released Bruce Broughton's Ice Pirates. laugh.gif

Man was that a silly film.

Ice Pirates? God, I'm glad I wasn't alive for most of the 80's. Then again, I wish I hadn't been alive for most of the 00's, but we have to make do with what Hollywood gives us, I suppose.

So is it going to sound better than the original?

Wish I would've known this before I bought the CD off amazon marketplace (even if it was worth it)

FSM reissues the original album program (which was thoughtfully assembled for listening purposes and comprised almost all of the score), remastered from the original Warner Bros. Records tapes and chronicled with new liner notes by Williams authority Jeff Eldridge—including reel and part breakdowns of the component cues.

That's fine with me. Not every score has to be released in it's complete form, although I won't complain if it is.

I'm going to grab Ice Pirates, it's Bruce Broughton. :lol:

Accidental Tourist - no.

Ice Pirates - 3000 copies

Hmm looks like FSM is going thru Warner LPs, wonder if Twilight Zone Movie is coming?

real JW fans would have bought it back in the 80's :lol:

This is great. I remember buying the original for $9.99, selling it on ebay a couple years ago for over $40 and now I can buy it again and still be at a profit. John Williams soundtracks are good investing.

I don't think there's unreleased music

real JW fans would have bought it back in the 80's :(

tell me about it

K.M.Who just fixed a 20 year old mistake

Excellent, ordered mine plus Horner's Legends of the Fall. :(

Even the reaction on FSM for this is good, I can't wait!

Contrary to popular belief quite a few people at FSM like John Williams.

Its a beautiful melodic score. Easily the best of that year.

YES!

At last, I can stop regretting having bought it on cassette back in 1989!

Somebody's shopping for Father's Day just got REAL easy.

Ordered!

Finally I can get this small gem of a score :) Kudos to FSM for re-releasing this score!

Some people on FSM are passing this up because they say they have the original. Well with FSM's version they have said it's been remastered. I for one would spend the money and get this one since it's remastered.

Some people on FSM are passing this up because they say they have the original. Well with FSM's version they have said it's been remastered. I for one would spend the money and get this one since it's remastered.

I think passing on it because you have the original is perfectly understandable.

Miguel, you mentioned that this might have extra music.

Are you sure??

I thought the ad made it quite clear it's a remastered reissue

I think Miguel was saying was thay the cd does not contain all the music composed for the movie, not that this re-issue contains new music.

I think Miguel was saying was thay the cd does not contain all the music composed for the movie, not that this re-issue contains new music.

Argh... yes... I realize that... now.

:)

From mxmx on FSM...

I helped out Jeff Eldridge with some of the research on this and I'd like to just say that the new release is worthwhile for any serious film score and/or Williams collector. Some fascinating tidbits were discovered and documented, for instance that one of the tracks on the album was actually an unused alternate main title! I've also heard the new master (got to read the manuscript along with it) and I think it sounds noticeably better than the original.

Mike

If you want unnatural boosted highs, you can always add more treble yourself.

They'll probably screw with the original dynamics too.

Alex

From mxmx on FSM...

I helped out Jeff Eldridge with some of the research on this and I'd like to just say that the new release is worthwhile for any serious film score and/or Williams collector. Some fascinating tidbits were discovered and documented, for instance that one of the tracks on the album was actually an unused alternate main title! I've also heard the new master (got to read the manuscript along with it) and I think it sounds noticeably better than the original.

Mike

Care to guess which cue that was to be the alternate main title? My guess is "Trip to London."