Upcoming Films

Quintus

Most anticipated movies of 2023 according to Fandango's users:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
  2. Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse (June 2)
  3. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (Feb. 17)
  4. John Wick: Chapter 4 (March 24)
  5. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30)
  6. Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (Dec. 25)
  7. Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One (July 14)
  8. The Hunger Games: The Ballad of the Songbirds and Snakes (Nov. 17)
  9. Creed III (March 3)
  10. The Super Mario Bros. Movie (April 7)

https://deadline.com/2022/12/top-movies-2023-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-fandango-1235203078/

I'm looking forward to two of those movies (Indy 5, Mario)

I'll certainly eventually see two of those movies (Guardians 3, Ant-man 3)

I only saw the first one once and need to revisit it which will probably make me hype for the sequel (Spider-verse)

I don't really care about the rest (MI7, Hunger Games 5, John Wick 4, Creed 3, Aquaman 2)

On 17/12/2022 at 8:41 PM, Jay said:

I think that's a hot take. I don't think the average person would say that this teaser is "ridiculing" 2001.

If anything, the trailer is deliberately ridiculing the film it promotes by comparing it to 2001.

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

Ridley Scott Says Joaquin Phoenix’s ‘Napoleon’ Performance Was So Good, They ‘Rewrote the Goddamn Movie’

After shooting the film, Scott called Phoenix "the most special, thoughtful actor I’ve ever worked with."

Intriguing!

Jon Finch was originally cast as Kane, but he had a diabetic attack, on the first day of filming.

Scott went round to see John Hurt over the weekend, and he started on the next Monday.

There is footage of Finch, on the Alien Anthology 9-disc set.

I am excited that there are not one, but two Wes Anderson movies coming out in 2023.  Asteroid City debuts at Cannes in May and his adaptation of Roald Dahl’s The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar is coming out on Netflix in the Fall.  Mixed feelings on Anderson making his first Netflix movie, but it’s nice to be getting two new movies either way.

They made another Evil Dead movie and it comes out this April

In the fifth Evil Dead film, a road-weary Beth pays an overdue visit to her older sister Ellie, who is raising three kids on her own in a cramped L.A. apartment. The sisters' reunion is cut short by the discovery of a mysterious book deep in the bowels of Ellie's building, giving rise to flesh-possessing demons, and thrusting Beth into a primal battle for survival as she is faced with the most nightmarish version of motherhood imaginable

5 hours ago, Jay said:

After Black Hawk down (which is an excellent film), I lost my interest in Ridley Scott films. I don't know why.

I have seen only Prometheus since, and that didn't make me want to see any other Scott film.

I adore The Martian.

Prometheus made me want to give up on lots of things. Scott was just one of them.

56 minutes ago, Jay said:

The Last Duel is great!

I should check that out.

9 hours ago, filmmusic said:

After Black Hawk down (which is an excellent film), I lost my interest in Ridley Scott films. I don't know why.

That's odd. I mean, I didn't like Black Hawk Down at all, but I still watched: 

- Matchstick Men (it's okay)

- Kingdom Of Heaven (it's good)

- A Good Year (mediocre)

- American Gangster (okay)

- Body Of Lies (I switched it off pretty quickly)

- Robin Hood (terrible)

- Prometheus (terrible)

- The Counselor (don't remember, don't think I really like it)

- Exodus: God And Kings (terrible)

- The Martian (the first half is good)

- Alien Covenant (it's partly okay thanks to Michael Fassbender)

- All The Money In The World (it's good)

- The Last Duel (it's good)

- House Of Gucci (mediocre but watchable)

14 hours ago, Tallguy said:

I thought Top Gun II was a terrible idea, so what do I know? But really, what makes this a wanted thing?

From what I understand it doesn't feature Maximus (for obvious reasons) but follows Lucilla's Son which doesn't really sound like a direct sequel to Gladiator but who knows what they'll do. I hope that Gladiator isn't in the title.

Gladiator is one of my favorite films so I hope they don't screw up with the sequel but if they make a good film set in Rome featuring a character who was a kid in the first movie then why not. Zimmer really needs to score it.

Michael Giacchino's Them horrifies me. I love the original and  have no faith in his directoral abilities and his scoring is often mediocre. Plus Them is an iconic 50's treasure.

Please mG don't fuck it up.

Fyi I have always thought the best way to "remake" Them was to do a modern tale and use the original as a piece of actual history and 70 years later it happens again.

Yeah I like the idea of a horror comedy that isn't gratuitous gore (as most horror comedies are).

I guess for some people this movie is living in the shadow of What We Do in the Shadows but since I'm not a big Waititi fan, it's not an issue for me.  Renfield is written by a Community/Rick & Morty alum, so that's a good sign!

M3gan is a critical hit. That is a surprise but a good film is possible in any genre, except video game.